Clan Mechs Are Awful

143 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:56 AM

The last iteration of nerfs to clan mechs is the final nail in the coffin for me. They suck. Can't compete with IS ballistics, SRMs and uber-structure quirks. PGI continually applies blanket nerfs to clan mechs, trying to reign in the meta, and it only ***** over the other mechs. I will no longer fund this lunacy. The recent nerfs to SRM spread, targeting computers, and UACs have almost completely neutered my builds. I play mixed load out builds with ballistics, SRMS, and lasers. two of the 3 have been rendered useless and I refuse to run laser vomit builds. So I will put them away and go back to playing UBER-ALLES IS mechs.

No more for me. I was going to buy some of the civil war mechs. However, no longer. Not if you are going to continually fist one side of the game.

#2 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:06 AM

Posted Image

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:06 AM

Do let me know which of the non-fisted, UBER-ALLES, mixed load out IS mechs you have the best luck with. I need all the help I can get.

#4 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:08 AM

Meh, a merc with a mouth who complains alot...sorry unless they did some really stupid nerf hammering (like completely making Clan weapons useless) I will keep playing and improvise to the new changes.

It is not the Mech but the Pilot I always say

#5 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:14 AM

Sounds like a dramatic morning.

Were you losing weapons from crits?

I fail to see how losing 1-4% crit chance, UAC-2 bonus crit chance, and a .5 spread increase renders your builds useless.

Edited by Roughneck45, 23 March 2017 - 06:14 AM.

#6 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:14 AM

"I've been using loadouts with the SRMs (that got nerfed), the UACs (that got nerfed) and the Small T-Comps (that got nerfed) and the nerf hurt them" So you've been using exploits and are complaining they were removed?

#7 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:19 AM

Yup. They are really bad. My IS mechs shred Clan mechs to pieces. Save for the holy trinity: Kodiaks, Night GYRs and Marauder IICs. Macro AC5s and AC2's on IS mechs are killing it right now. IS SRM brawlers are king and laser vomit Warhammers, Black Nights, Grasshoppers and Battlemasters are the top performers in drops these days.

#8 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:20 AM

I actually don't know if PGI increased the cUAC jam chance with this patch, or it's just the new verbal notification when your weapon jams makes it seem like they did. I swear it often seems like my cUAC sometimes jams on the first button press.

So I do understand the frustration. The jamming, the heat penalties, the lower component health - it all adds up to a not very satisfying experience for some clan mechs.

#9 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

Basically anything that isn't Gauss+PPC+poptart (or a Kodiak-3/Scorch) but is Clan tech gets weakened heavily over time by the blanket nerfs that constantly hit the clans to nerf overperformers.

#10 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

Did 10 or so QP group drops in a SRM MDD tonight. Every game between 600-1100dmg, up the front brawler. If they were suddenly crap or "squishy". I'd have noticed tonight.

Only think I noticed was the SRMs were critted out off a bit more often than normal once the torso was open. SRM6 spread no change at all.

Gauss/cERPPC and TC crits - needed attention either way.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 23 March 2017 - 06:32 AM.

#11 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:24 AM

View PostDjPush, on 23 March 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Yup. I'm really bad.

FTFY!

#12 AphexTwin11

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 398 posts
  • LocationLooking right through you, with somniferous almond eyes

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:25 AM

Posted Image

Edited by AphexTwin11, 23 March 2017 - 06:25 AM.

#13 tworivers

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:29 AM

Nerfing or balancing is just a bad idea on top of a bad idea. What I have seen over the last couple of years is that whining works so I expect to see more whining rather than viable idea's on how to make things work the way they are. Spend money on mechs because you like what they can do and how they run but after cash spent it gets changed makes you feel ripped off.
To those whiners , and you know who you are , nothing will satisfy you other than ruining this game so then you will have more to whine about Old saying , be very careful what you wish for , you may get it and find yourself very lonely.

#14 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

This post is why it's taken 3 years to get some what of a clan -IS balance.
Srm nerf only hurt srm4 users on both sides, crit system did almost nothing. Over all my clan mechs are still the best mechs I own.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 23 March 2017 - 06:42 AM.

#15 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

Every time clan mechs get touched by The Nerf Bat, clammers lose their mind.

View PostDjPush, on 23 March 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

The last iteration of nerfs to clan mechs is the final nail in the coffin for me. They suck. Can't compete with IS ballistics, SRMs and uber-structure quirks. PGI continually applies blanket nerfs to clan mechs, trying to reign in the meta, and it only ***** over the other mechs. I will no longer fund this lunacy. The recent nerfs to SRM spread, targeting computers, and UACs have almost completely neutered my builds. I play mixed load out builds with ballistics, SRMS, and lasers. two of the 3 have been rendered useless and I refuse to run laser vomit builds. So I will put them away and go back to playing UBER-ALLES IS mechs.

No more for me. I was going to buy some of the civil war mechs. However, no longer. Not if you are going to continually fist one side of the game.

PGI would never nerf hammer one side and not touch the other.

View PostThe Nerf Bat, on 19 October 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

Any I.S. mech that is viable for faction warfare must be whacked by The Nerf Bat.

Top tier I.S. mechs have already been whacked by The Nerf Bat including the Blackjack, Catapult, Warhammer, Maurader, Battlemaster, and Black Knight.

The Feb 20 patch was when the the Nerf Hammer hit.

PATCH NOTES - 1.4.53 - 16-FEB-2016
https://mwomercs.com...-1453-16feb2016

"All remaining negative/detrimental Weapon Quirks on Clan 'Mechs have been removed. A small amount of negative Armor and Turn Quirks remain for certain variants.
• All Inner Sphere Energy Range Quirks are now set at 10% (if present)."

In that patch they whacked the Blackjack with the nerf bat. On top of that the found a buff bat to hit the clan targeting computers. Just look at all the green(buffs) on the PDF of all Clan Quirk changes here .

Anything that was competitive was whacked. Patch after patch after patch.

April
Black Knight gets whacked
http://mwomercs.com/...rk%20Values.pdf

June
Black Knight gets whacked again
http://static.mwomer...006-21-2016.pdf

Resize I.S. mechs get big

July
Blackjack Catapult Warhammer Maurader Battlemaster
http://static.mwomer...rk%20Values.pdf

whack whack whack whack whack

Now we move onto the 2nd tier.

• Enforcer ENF-5P: UAC Jam Chance increased to -20% (from -30%).
• JagerMech JM6-DD: UAC Jam Chance increased to -20% (from -30%).

Let's not mention the fact that I.S. srm's and uac's got nerfed at the same time.

Go ahaed and play I.S. mechs, you'll be back in clan mechs within a month.

#16 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

I wouldn't be totally against IS/Clan UAC Jamming being reworked so that specifically double-tapping the weapon fills a 'Jam Meter' similar to the way Flamers do when used. Bar goes completely red, your UAC jams for the allotted time, say 10 seconds universally, then resets. Calibers can be balanced by how quickly the meter fills from double-tapping and how quickly the 'jam bar' diminishes from not DT'ing:
UAC2 = 10 (Jams immediately after 11th DT fires - Refreshes at 5 DT/sec after 3 seconds)
UAC5 = 4 (Jams immediately after 5th DT fires - Refreshes at 2 DT/sec after 3 seconds)
UAC10 = 2 (Jams immediately after 3rd DT fires - Refreshes at 1 DT/sec after 3 seconds)
UAC20 = 1 (Jams immediately after 2nd DT fires - Refreshes at .5 DT/sec after 3 seconds)

Figures are estimations, and this isn't a new idea by any means, but it does seem to be the better of the solutions historically presented to address UAC mechanics and performance... /shrug.

#17 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 23 March 2017 - 06:23 AM, said:

Basically anything that isn't Gauss+PPC+poptart (or a Kodiak-3/Scorch) but is Clan tech gets weakened heavily over time by the blanket nerfs that constantly hit the clans to nerf overperformers.

But this nerfs PPC/Gauss Mechs too? They specifically nerfed PPC's and Gauss here.

And, yes, there have been blanket nerfs to clans. Lots. Lots and lots.

And yet... Ignoring a couple downright poor Mechs, the Average Clan Mech is still objectively superior to the. Average IS Mech.

We still have Clan XL's, lighter weapons, smaller weapons, half sided ES/FF.

Clans where simply stronger before, and they're probably still stronger now.

It's not like our Timberwolf, Stormcrow, Hellbringer, Hunchback IIC, Ebon Jaguar, and such are weak Mechs unable to hold their own.

Jesus people. This patch's nerfs are small. Don't be that guy who cried because his advantage is smaller than it used to be. It's still an advantage.

#18 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 23 March 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

Jesus people. This patch's nerfs are small. Don't be that guy who cried because his advantage is smaller than it used to be. It's still an advantage.

*Insert obligatory meme about sky is falling and tinfoil hats here*

#19 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

View PostThe Nerf Bat, on 23 March 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

Go ahaed and play I.S. mechs, you'll be back in clan mechs within a month.

Bit of a digression here...

The line in your previous quote (the one you included above), about Top Tier IS mechs getting wacked...yeah, I actually wouldn't mind so much if it were just the top tier of either side getting wacked with the nerf bat.

The problem with PGI is that they wack EVERYTHING with the nerf bat, and often it is those mechs on the low end of the tier scale that feel the affects of these wacks the hardest. Even the DJpush notes in his second post above that the top clanner mechs are still performing fine. Why is that? Because they are already the best. By nerfing everything with the same swing of the hammer all you do is ensure that the best stays the best; regardless of which side of the tech, or what feature you are wacking. That is the problem with PGI's balance efforts, the try to cut away at the games excesses with a hammer when a when a scalpel...and a precisely wielded one at that...is the tool they need.

As to nerfs, don't get me started on the June and July nerfs to the Quickdraws, and now SRM4 nerfs which disproportionately affect them as well given the broken tube count on the CT mount.

#20 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

My Mad Dog C seems exactly the same since before the patch, only now clan SRM 4s aren't worth taking. All the same, I don't seem any more or less squishy than before. The Mad Dog wasn't exactly a tank to begin with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users