So, Is Uac20 Is Going To Shoot A Single Bullet Of 20Dmg?

85 replies to this topic

#1 brroleg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 245 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

Or what?

#2 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

View Postbrroleg, on 23 March 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

Or what?

Posted Image

...but for balance sake it shouldn't.

#3 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

im ganna bet on it shooting 3shots of 6.6Damage, 1Shell less than C-UAC20,

#4 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

How many projectiles does the cUAC/20 launch in a single volley?

If it's 3 then isUAC/20 can get 2.

EDIT: ninja'ed by Andi

Edited by Hit the Deck, 23 March 2017 - 08:25 PM.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

More importantly, will the IS LBX20 gonna be implemented with the cost of ELEVEN frigging slots? Cause that's just dumb as hell. The weapon is already weak enough, and at this rate it can't be equipped in the arms or even with LFE torsi.

Edited by El Bandito, 23 March 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#6 brroleg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 245 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

And while we here, why cAC still shoots burst of bullets? When i was kinda new, my first buy for clan mech was cAC, cause i was hoping its gonna shoot 1 bullet just like isAC, i was very surprised to discover how wrong i was and that i spent hard earn cbills basically on useless junk(back there cUAC was jamming alot less)

#7 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

If it does everyone will switch to using it over KDK-3. suddenly the KGC and MAL will be the go to mechs.

#8 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

View Postbrroleg, on 23 March 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

And while we here, why cAC still shoots burst of bullets? When i was kinda new, my first buy for clan mech was cAC, cause i was hoping its gonna shoot 1 bullet just like isAC, i was very surprised to discover how wrong i was and that i spent hard earn cbills basically on useless junk(back there cUAC was jamming alot less)

Cause CACs are still lighter, more compact, and has more range than IS counterparts. (only exception is the CAC2 with 3 slot requirement--which is so arbitrary.)

Edited by El Bandito, 23 March 2017 - 08:57 PM.

#9 brroleg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 245 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 March 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Cause CACs are still lighter, more compact.

Compared to cUAC they are bigger, not so much more range, no doubletap, and still shoots in burst.

#10 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

View Postbrroleg, on 23 March 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

Compared to cUAC they are bigger, not so much more range, no doubletap, and still shoots in burst.

Which is why CUACs got the nerfbat. Again, we should compare CACs to IS ACs and see why they shoot in burst.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,881 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

i never thought burst fire was as big as a disadvantage as many forum whiners made it out to be. as if they dont know how to follow through with their salvos. in fact they are better in the suppression roll. i actually thought the bursts were too short. i kind of wanted to see 5-10 round bursts.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 March 2017 - 09:16 PM.

#12 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 March 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

Which is why CUACs got the nerfbat. Again, we should compare CACs to IS ACs and see why they shoot in burst.

mainly becuase you can mount 4 cuac20 at once and still have ammo to be efficient.

Innersphere can mount 2 at most atm. maybe 3 with the annahilator and engine decoupling.

clan can also mount 2 on medium while IS has em at minimum on heavys.

#13 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 March 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

More importantly, will the IS LBX20 gonna be implemented with the cost of ELEVEN frigging slots? Cause that's just dumb as hell. The weapon is already weak enough, and at this rate it can't be equipped in the arms or even with LFE torsi.

i hoping PGI forgets about Lore when it comes to the LBX line and just follow the LBX10 Line (-1Ton -1Crit)

#14 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

I wouldn't be surprised or against it being more than one shot.

#15 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

View PostKangarad, on 23 March 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

mainly becuase you can mount 4 cuac20 at once and still have ammo to be efficient.

Innersphere can mount 2 at most atm. maybe 3 with the annahilator and engine decoupling.

clan can also mount 2 on medium while IS has em at minimum on heavys.

4xUAC20?(Assuming Dire) um Since when is 2.5Tons of UAC20 Ammo enough, let alone Enough for 4UAC20s?
also UAC20s cant be fired together because of GH, and you only have enough ammo for 17shots(Total)

ok thats true, but thats what makes the Annahilator Special, ;)

well thats also True but IS Single Shot ACs are considered Better than Clan ACs,
also i would recommend against equipping 2AC20s as they are Too Bulky and lack the Cycle to be Viable in Pairs,

#16 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,881 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 23 March 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

4xUAC20?(Assuming Dire) um Since when is 2.5Tons of UAC20 Ammo enough, let alone Enough for 4UAC20s?
also UAC20s cant be fired together because of GH, and you only have enough ammo for 17shots(Total)

ok thats true, but thats what makes the Annahilator Special, Posted Image

well thats also True but IS Single Shot ACs are considered Better than Clan ACs,
also i would recommend against equipping 2AC20s as they are Too Bulky and lack the Cycle to be Viable in Pairs,

ive ran 3 before and i had to strip armor to do it. im not saying it aint possible, its a dire after all, but i very much doubt its viable, especially with how hot 3 of em are. what i like to do is run 2 cac20s and 2 cac10s and that gives you a 60 point alpha and not much heat.

i do run 3 ac10s on my ctf-im and that build is fun as hell and has enough ammo to do 3 kills worth of damage.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 March 2017 - 10:18 PM.

#17 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:54 PM

I would guess it's because the clan ACs weigh less and use fewer crit slots than Inner Sphere ACs.

The clan ACs were put into game to represent the LBX autocannons using slug ammo instead of cluster shot. So a clan AC10 is actually a clan LB10X firing solid slug ammo.

So why didn't the I.S. get a burst fire AC10 to represent the LB10X using slug ammo?

Arguably this actually serves a purpose for the I.S. mechs.

AC10 12 tons 7 crits 3 heat 10 damage at 450m optimal range

LB10X slug gun 11 tons 6 crits 2 heat 3 projectiles per burst doing 3.33 damage at 540m optimal range.

You get a 1 ton lighter gun using 1 fewer crit slots with 1 point lower heat with 90m longer optimal range than the standard AC10 with the trade off being 3 round bursts.

That is actually not a terrible option to have for Inner Sphere mechs in particular mediums.

#18 Xhaleon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

I wouldn't mind if they went with a higher fire rate at the same shot count as the Clan UACs. Retain the same spreading of damage as the balancing factor, much more tightly clustered shots to compensate for the inferior stats of the IS UAC.

But what are we going to do about the UACs which have already been brought down to a single shot in that patch way back when? The IS version gets less jam chance?

Edited by Xhaleon, 24 March 2017 - 01:10 AM.

#19 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:44 AM

I would guess that UAC5 and UAC2 will remain single projectile, with UAC10 being a two round burst and the UAC20 a three round burst. They're bigger and heavier than clan, so would get a slightly better damage grouping. Entirely unconfirmed of course.

#20 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:55 AM

And while we here, why cAC still shoots burst of bullets?

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 23 March 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

well thats also True but IS Single Shot ACs are considered Better than Clan ACs

View PostLykaon, on 23 March 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

So why didn't the I.S. get a burst fire AC10 to represent the LB10X using slug ammo?

Don't forgot, the cACs are not real weapons. They don't exist; they're not supposed to exist. They're just PGI's little placeholder until they figured out how to code ammo switching for LBs. Technically, they shouldn't be in the game at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users