43 replies to this topic

#21 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

Being the only variant that can remove jumpjets is P2W. The first thing you'd do with this mech is run 6 cSPL, remove four jumpjets, and add two extra heatsinks, which is something you can't do without this hero.

Just no. Poorly thought out.

The missile torsos is a cool idea though.

#22 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

View PostTarogato, on 26 March 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

Being the only variant that can remove jumpjets is P2W. The first thing you'd do with this mech is run 6 cSPL, remove four jumpjets, and add two extra heatsinks, which is something you can't do without this hero.

Only if you don't give a downside to those pods. Giving some quirks back to the other pods but not those would take care of that.
Or another way would be for PGI to just change their hero omni set up. Allow you to buy hero pods for Cbills but no cbill boost.
Or just not worry about it. Getting some weight back is nice but the JJs do help. Especially since for some reason lights .5t JJs don't give as much lift as mediums .5t JJs.

Edited by dario03, 26 March 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#23 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

View PostTarogato, on 26 March 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

I could probably shift the UAC from 5 to UAC2. Return the extra 2 tons as JJ back into the legs.
Posted Image

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 March 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#24 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 26 March 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

people won't mount something like a UAC5 there at all.

FTFY

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 26 March 2017 - 04:31 PM.

#25 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

Being the ACH is the best assault mech in the game. I say don't give it even more variants. Fix the exploit. Then we'll talk.

#26 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 26 March 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

Being the ACH is the best assault mech in the game. I say don't give it even more variants. Fix the exploit. Then we'll talk.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

You know it's true.

#28 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 26 March 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

You know it's true.

No, he knows you're a tater.

#29 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

View PostTercieI, on 26 March 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

No, he knows you're a tater.

Not today. Maybe some other time.

#30 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

You know it's true.

Have you even used one? That's always the best solution to quell the "Lurm is OP".

#31 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 26 March 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Have you even used one? That's always the best solution to quell the "Lurm is OP".

No sir. I have not used one. I will say many times I have gone against it and I felt it took too much for a light to go down. I have light mechs so I know which are "tanky" and which have to be more gently used.
To the other guys. I did not name call with the OP and a difference of opinion does not warrant your abuse.

#32 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 26 March 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

No sir. I have not used one. I will say many times I have gone against it and I felt it took too much for a light to go down. I have light mechs so I know which are "tanky" and which have to be more gently used.
To the other guys. I did not name call with the OP and a difference of opinion does not warrant your abuse.

And that's the problem. You can't really tell if it's OP or not until you actually tried it. Maybe the pilot you just came across it was really good at it? Or simply you had wrong positioning.

There's a sale with competitive mechs, ACH sells for under 6 million CBills, hows about buy one and try one first. Because until you are experienced with it to accurately assess ACH, we could not consider your input.

#33 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

On one hand I agree, but I have been running this since Beta. I do feel I have a handle on judging things by fighting against them. Granted owning one is just one facet.

#34 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

Lets try this:
Name an assault mech that can 1v1 it? (Don't say KDK)
Name a heavy mech that can 1v1 it? (Don't say NTG)

#35 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 26 March 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

On one hand I agree, but I have been running this since Beta. I do feel I have a handle on judging things by fighting against them. Granted owning one is just one facet.

Unfortunately we don't. What, you just collect mechs? Try running them. If you can run it with little experience, then win in it constantly, that is OP. But if you have to be incredibly skillful to make it work, it's not.

View PostHammerMaster, on 26 March 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

Lets try this:

Are you saying that assaults and heavies are supposed to be capable with 1v1 ACH? It's supposed to be a rock-paper-scissors thing.

But to be fair, Streak-Dog could probably eviscerate an Arctic Cheetah. Scorch MAD-IIC too with enough streaks. Now do you not believe that it's OP?

Like i said, go buy and run an Arctic Cheetah. Till you get enough experience with it we CANNOT accept your input.

#36 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

It's not rock, paper, scissors sir. It may seem that way. That's not Battletech.

#37 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

Lets try this:

Marauder IIC, Battlemaster, Warhawk, Gargoyle, Banshee, Atlas, Executioner, did I miss any? I feel like I missed some.

Timber Wolf, Hellbringer, Cauldron Born, Warhammer, Grasshopper, Black Knight, Linebacker, Vulture...honestly it would be easier to name heavies that can't 1v1 it lol. I guess the Dragon, maybe?

Note that for both questions I'm assuming that the player using the heavy/assault is competent (good aim and knows how to keep a fast mech in his sights) and using an effective build (no LRMs or other silly things).

#38 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Streak dog. Yah. I'll give you that.

#39 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 26 March 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

It's not rock, paper, scissors sir. It may seem that way. That's not Battletech.

Why? does it have to be Battletech to be rock paper scissor? I did say "supposed", that means it's the aim. Gameplay might not reflect it, by certain heavier mechs able to beat ACH, but still the aim could be like that.

As far as we're concerned, we do see speed able to overwhelm slower mechs, which happens to be lights vs assaults. So i have to say, it is rock paper scissor. Sure unlike assaults, lights cannot one-shot assaults, still their immense mobility is what beats them, with exception with actual heavier mechs that is actually mobile.

If your argument is that ACH is op because people can't hit them, well that's the point now isn't it?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 March 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#40 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

You know it's true.

Okay, here's the deal. I have 24 hours of premium time active atm. You might as well if you're doing the grab bag event, so we can 1v1 for free.

I'll 1v1 with you for as long as you like. You can take whatever mechs you like, and I can take ACH, FS9, KFX, LCT, JR7-IIC, whatever you like. I've added you in game, let me know when you might be interested within 24 hours of this post.

We can see how the various lights compare against what you want to take, and I might also be able to provide advice (brownie points if you can record/screen capture (OBS is free!). This is no "i'll 1v1 u scrub" or anything like that, we can just get in a lobby and mess around, no pressure for either of us. I'm interested to see how you handle your mechs.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users