• Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 29 March 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Wakazashi
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Jupiter
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Onager

here three Jade Falcon assault mechs you guys can read through. your leisure.

I'll admit that Jupiter looks awesome. Think the other two are misses since the Wakazashi has no variants (meaning PGI variants galore if introduced in game) and the Onager being a dark age era mech.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 29 March 2017 - 08:01 AM.

#22 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 March 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

if their options (outside the basic omnis) didn't all suck, maybe I'd be more inclined to be worried about it.

Well, the Turkina would actually not suck.

Besides, not everyone wants to "meta only" Bishop, I wish you wouldn't be such a meta humper.

Its not like we have a shortage of awesome sauce Clan assaults in game...

#23 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Does Gas want Turkina? I can't seem to remember that.

#24 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,657 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

I'm surprised Gas isn't trying to convince us the Kingfisher is somehow a Jade Falcon mech.

#25 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

Basically it's really between the Turkina and Jupiter, maybe Wakazashi as the Oneger is 3080s.

#26 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,840 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 29 March 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

I'll admit that Jupiter looks awesome. Think the other two are misses since the Wakazashi has no variants (meaning PGI variants galore in introduced in game) and the Onager being a dark age era mech.

I do like the Jupiter art it just yells FIREPOWER!!!! and fear.

#27 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 29 March 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

Does Gas want Turkina? I can't seem to remember that.

When it was Kingfisher vs Turkina, I was more of a Kingfisher guy, but I liked both. And it kind of bothers me NOT having it in game, I feel like it is a pretty important assault..

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 29 March 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

I'm surprised Gas isn't trying to convince us the Kingfisher is somehow a Jade Falcon mech.

Hehe, no its Ghost Bear, and its old as fuh, so I'm not really holding out hopes for it.

I'm okay going nostalgia with this because Clans already have a multitude of awesome sauce assault mechs, and there is no doubt in my mind that the Dire Turkey can churn out repeated 1000 damage games (in other words, its solid enough). It has the firepower and the hardpoint heights are good, good enough to make those 3 HoverJets useful even.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 29 March 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

Well, the Turkina would actually not suck.

Besides, not everyone wants to "meta only" Bishop, I wish you wouldn't be such a meta humper.

Its not like we have a shortage of awesome sauce Clan assaults in game...

I think you misunderstand.

"suck" has nothing to do with being meta. But as a "metalord" I can forgive you for not being able to fathom that. Posted Image

Suck can be because they are "bad", or "boring", or "dumb". Your Turkina is just a slightly lighter, stupid looking direwolf. Dig whoop.

Give me something at least interesting, whether it's meta or not. I'd root for a bloody Kingfisher over the turkina just to have something different.

#29 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 March 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

I think you misunderstand.

"suck" has nothing to do with being meta. But as a "metalord" I can forgive you for not being able to fathom that. Posted Image

Suck can be because they are "bad", or "boring", or "dumb". Your Turkina is just a slightly lighter, stupid looking direwolf. Dig whoop.

Give me something at least interesting, whether it's meta or not. I'd root for a bloody Kingfisher over the turkina just to have something different.

As would I, and have done so before. But alas, the Fisher is old and CGB (we already have 2 CGB assaults), so I'm not shocked we won't be getting it.

But see, you are using the same argument that I use for the Men Shen over the Dervish. The Dervish is just missiles, missiles, missiles with a medium laser in each arm, more missiles. BSW and GRF have the Missile thing covered. 104.5 Omni-mech with MASC though? That's entirely new and different.

And yeah it is similar to the Dire, but there is enough avenues to differentiate it IMO.

Also, first Clan assault mech with 6 missile hardpoints spread across the arms and side torsos? Sounds pretty new. 6 ATM9s... or lots of lurms. Now that we have ATMs thats a variant that wasn't available before.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 29 March 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#30 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 29 March 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

I do like the Jupiter art it just yells FIREPOWER!!!! and fear.

It vaguely reminds me of an IS Battlemaster and Toyama having a big bast.ard child. I like it.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 29 March 2017 - 08:07 AM.

#31 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

When it was Kingfisher vs Turkina, I was more of a Kingfisher guy, but I liked both. And it kind of bothers me NOT having it in game, I feel like it is a pretty important assault..

Well, you know what they say about the Turkina in relation to the Dire Wolf. Probably you need to convince the masses once again....

If you get etiher (Turkina or Kingfisher), then you will raise to Bishop' and Imperius' level (Bishop has successfully got two, the Urbie and its Hero) Posted Image

#32 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 29 March 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

I'll admit that Jupiter looks awesome. Think the other two are misses since the Wakazashi has no variants (meaning PGI variants galore if introduced in game) and the Onager being a dark age era mech.

Honestly all three are a reach.

the Wakazashi is all but exstinct.

the Jupiter is out of timeline by nearly decade it's Jihad era.

the Onanger is even further out of timeline being a post Jihad- Dark age design.

But cool researching I didn't even know about the Onanger. I own a toy of theJupiter though...

#33 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

(we already have 2 CGB assaults)

That's because CGB and CSJ liked them some assaults, more than CJF did. I would say Wolf liked their assaults too, but they created the Gargoyle like a heavy and they lost the plans and rights to the Whale, so they don't count.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 29 March 2017 - 08:15 AM.

#34 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:18 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

As would I, and have done so before. But alas, the Fisher is old and CGB (we already have 2 CGB assaults), so I'm not shocked we won't be getting it.

But see, you are using the same argument that I use for the Men Shen over the Dervish. The Dervish is just missiles, missiles, missiles with a medium laser in each arm, more missiles. BSW and GRF have the Missile thing covered. 104.5 Omni-mech with MASC though? That's entirely new and different.

And yeah it is similar to the Dire, but there is enough avenues to differentiate it IMO.

Also, first Clan assault mech with 6 missile hardpoints spread across the arms and side torsos? Sounds pretty new. 6 ATM9s... or lots of lurms. Now that we have ATMs thats a variant that wasn't available before.

waiting for you to make an argument that makes it sound remotely appealing. The Dervish is mostly simple a classic era staple mech. The Turkina? Was roundly ignored on the TT, in literature and in the video games to date for a reason.

It's a stupid looking crap excuse for the Dire Wolf. If we were later in timeline, as much as I hate them, at least then the Pigeons had some "different" designs.

I won't say the Turkina was the worst Assault ever designed... just one of the most pointless page fillers, and boring.

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 29 March 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

That's because CGB and CSJ liked them some assaults, more than CJF did. I would say Wolf liked their assaults too, but they created the Gargoyle like a heavy and they lost the plans and rights to the Whale, so they don't count.

Hell, they even named their prize assault after a Turkey... such a fierce bird of prey......

I guess albatross or ostrich seemed even less fearsome?

(OK; technically, the Turkina was not named after a turkey... but let's face it, the dumb thing even looks a bit like a turkey. Maybe PGI can introduce it for Thanksgiving?)

#35 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 March 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

(OK; technically, the Turkina was not named after a turkey... but let's face it, the dumb thing even looks a bit like a turkey. Maybe PGI can introduce it for Thanksgiving?)

Which is funny given how the Mad-IIC already looks like a Turkey and is a cooler assault.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 29 March 2017 - 08:19 AM.

#36 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 29 March 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Still, Dire Turkey can do the staples (dual gauss dual ER PPC, and dakka) as well as some new stuff, like 6 ATM9s or 6 LRM15As. And, the hardpoints are wide but they are all near cockpit level or higher, so while its payload is lower than a Dire Wolf (but on par with a KDK-3), it at least has 3 hover jets and good cockpit heights for hill humping. AND we add CJF's well known assault mech to the game.

#37 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

View PostLykaon, on 29 March 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

Honestly all three are a reach.

the Wakazashi is all but exstinct.

the Jupiter is out of timeline by nearly decade it's Jihad era.

the Onanger is even further out of timeline being a post Jihad- Dark age design.

But cool researching I didn't even know about the Onanger. I own a toy of theJupiter though...

The Jupiter has a production date of 3068 so it just fits in.

#38 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:23 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 March 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

waiting for you to make an argument that makes it sound remotely appealing. The Dervish is mostly simple a classic era staple mech. The Turkina? Was roundly ignored on the TT, in literature and in the video games to date for a reason.

It's a stupid looking crap excuse for the Dire Wolf. If we were later in timeline, as much as I hate them, at least then the Pigeons had some "different" designs.

Ah, I see you have some prejudice against the noble Clan Jade Falcons.

Anyway, it can do the staple loadouts with better hardpoint heights than a Dire, but can also do something like 6 ATM-9s or 6 LRM-15As (it might even be able to mix a 20 or two in there), which is completely new to the Clan assault Class. They can also make up for its lack of payload by giving it better agility than the Dire.

#39 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

They were anything but noble, especially after Marthe dies (spoiler alert). They were the Luigi to Wolf's Mario only way less awkward and way more angry.

Anyway, it can do the staple loadouts with better hardpoint heights than a Dire, but can also do something like 6 ATM-9s or 6 LRM-15As (it might even be able to mix a 20 or two in there), which is completely new to the Clan assault Class.

I'd rather have the Bane which is something the Falcons at least produced so that counts right?

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 29 March 2017 - 08:27 AM.

#40 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,840 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

Anyway, it can do the staple loadouts with better hardpoint heights than a Dire, but can also do something like 6 ATM-9s or 6 LRM-15As (it might even be able to mix a 20 or two in there), which is completely new to the Clan assault Class. They can also make up for its lack of payload by giving it better agility than the Dire.

Atleast the Turkey is atleast 30x better than Clan Wolf's only assault the Tomahawk and the Tomahawk II which really is a dire wolf in a Warhawk skin...

http://www.sarna.net...ahawk_(OmniMech)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Tomahawk_II

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users