Smoke Adders [-Sa-]

Americas

81 replies to this topic

#21 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:32 AM

I do not own any inferior clan technology. can I still join?

#22 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostJiang Wei, on 09 June 2017 - 01:32 AM, said:

I do not own any inferior clan technology. can I still join?

Yes. It might impact which drops (if any) during competitive league play you are considered for, but with the skill tree, engine desync etc, many more IS mechs are in use in league play so it's certainly not a death sentence.

edit: that being said, you haven't registered a quick play match in at least the last 9 months or more. Making a comeback after a long hiatus?

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 09 June 2017 - 04:10 PM.

#23 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

Wow, with the announcement by PGI apparently there won't be any real break between MRBC and WC. Teams will be forming quickly and teams will be cementing rosters in the next week to start fighting in the comp queue in just a handful of days. Madness! :P

#24 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

Well, Already posted my info in the other sub-forum. So looking forward to joining the crusade to the WC.

#25 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:51 AM

Still looking for a few "good sneks" to head towards our goal of Vancouver!

Our sneks are poised and ready to strike, will you get bit? Or will too find solace while sliding around on your belly?

If you think you have the (snake like) guts to make the cut them come try us out!

#26 siahofmars

Rookie

• The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 3 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

Heya i have been looking and wanting this game to have competitive play for some time now. i am desperately wanting to do it. hit me up in game and on here if u would like to play some time . im not new to the game but i havent played a whole ton, i have taken many breaks and kept coming back to the game to see whats changed. i was really excited when i saw competitive play exists and then i went in the game to queue up in it only to realize u need a 8 man team. and u cant solo que :(.

#27 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

Yep it is designed for teams, whether coming out of units or guys grouping together to try it out.

You're welcome to stop our Teamspeak server (Stranamechty.info and the pw is StranaMechty) and look for anyone with an SA tag who can get you into some group runs with us. That way you can see if we're the kind of team you're looking for. If you're just looking to dive into the comp queue to see how it goes however, we're not the team for you. We currently have 3 teams set up for WC, and if you decided we're the right fit, you'd be welcome to try out for any of them, room permitting. We don't have enough players interested in competitive play specifically to set up a fourth 12-man, but ya never know Posted Image.

Part of the reason our team, like many others, is late in getting into comp queue, is that you only have 2 minutes once the match locks to figure out what mechs to bring, ranges, gameplan etc. If you don't have some general ideas for the 14 maps and two team sides involved, it can be a very haphazard process that makes it hard to win in that kind of environment. So we took a break after MRBC completed and focused on just getting back to basics, developing a few general dropdecs and gameplans and our teams are hitting the comp queue at various times this week.

edit: saw that you haven't played a quick play match in around 4 months according to the global leaderboard. You'll want to knock the rust off, learn the new skill tree etc etc before most teams have you jumping into competitive queue. Just helping with expectations here. If you want to form an ad hoc group of eight and just give the queue a whirl, that's always an option, but serious teams are going definitely want to see where you're at game wise before integrating you into an existing squad. Don't take that as discouraging btw. It's not meant to be. Just being honest about the queue and the comp scene. It's a bit more demanding for most teams.

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 05 July 2017 - 08:39 PM.

#28 giggitygiggitygoo

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hey I'm interested in joining, I play primarily Lights and heavies. I'm on Pacific time and usually play 10 PM (PDT) to 2 AM (PDT). Do you guys usually have anyone that's on at this time? I see some of you are east coast based.

#29 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:22 AM

View Postgiggitygiggitygoo, on 11 July 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Hey I'm interested in joining, I play primarily Lights and heavies. I'm on Pacific time and usually play 10 PM (PDT) to 2 AM (PDT). Do you guys usually have anyone that's on at this time? I see some of you are east coast based.

We have players from EST to PST, and a handful of EU players.

If you are not getting started until 10pm PST though, you will find fewer on. Our west coasters tend to play till around midnightish on weekenights due to job and college the next day, so they arent reaching 2am most nights.

That being said, yer welcome to drop by and see what our activity level looks like etc, see if we might be a fit, with no expectation that you apply with us. We run with friends of the team routinely, so no rush to commit.

#30 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

I'm with BR currently and I'm at that point that I'm pretty sure I'm looking for a bit more than "a good time."

I joined MWO because my military regimental organization wanted to field a pure military team..... The Skill tree change caused them to exit MWO. I stayed and have been looking for "teams" that are a little bit more serious but not, as you put it, a second job (I have brothers that have made a living playing games!!!) I am retired; so, play time is when I sit down.

The only concern is that I am a retired Armor officer............I see the MWO as "just another mission" and think that way: Team First, Mission Always.....

If you think I might fit, look me up and let me know. I don't do anything uninvited.... After all, I'm not Freeborn Scum......

#31 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

Smoke Adders looking for upwards of three upper division pilots interested in WC/MRBC/NBT style play. Contact me ingame, here, MWO forums or SmokeAdders.com -- thanks. Rosters lock in 9-10 days for WC, we're already signed up with NBT and as always, looking to field a strong team or three in MRBC.

Also, if you wanna bust Wingbreaker's/Krivvan's/Kalam's/McGral's chops in TS, here's a great opportunity lol.

#32 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:17 AM

Due to RL constraints, we find ourselves short one of our regular pilots in our upper division team and one to two in our mid,division team.

Seeking one very strong pilot, capable in all four weight classes, although at this time you would likely be piloting mostly mediums or heavies, to work out with us and see if both sides are a good fit. This is primarily for Netbattletech matches, where matches are limited only by the tonnage for each match and the mechs your team produces or seizes in salvage as the game progresses.

Additionally, this would be for any future seasons of MRBC or similar leagues.

While we encourage anyone interested in organized competitive play to give a look, we are specifically looking to fill a hole in that upper division roster. No application required to work out with us and see if we are a fit.

Primarily NA, but work with AP/EU opponents to find reasonable match times for both sides as,much as we are able.

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 29 September 2017 - 05:23 AM.

#33 vidjahgames

• PipPip
  • The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

I'd love to play NBT for you guys.

Do you maintain the restriction on unit tags for NBT?

#34 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

View Postvidjahgames, on 30 September 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

I'd love to play NBT for you guys.

Do you maintain the restriction on unit tags for NBT?

You know we would recruit you in a heartbeat man lol. But yes, being a member is a req.

Like alot of units, we want the folks that fight for us to be one of us and not a journeyman. As a team that started in the obscure depths of the First Engagement Tourney and floundered around just trying to learn what it meant to play competitively in leagues like Proxis, and clawed our way up to the fair to middling level we are now, we take it seriously. We want folks to be invested in our success at each of the division levels (or their equivalent), which is why we use the multi-team model to stratify our talent and maximize participation.

Right now, due to RL, we have two spots open for competition on our upper division team and really want the crew to continue to improve, learn etc, as NBT continues to ramp up (we have four different fights this week for example between Tuesday to Sunday). So we are definitely looking for a serious tryhard or two to step in with us, as well as looking internally.

#35 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

Two slots open, great weekend to get in and give us a look (QP event easily done in Group queue).

Focused on folks that can run all weight classes well, but mediums and heavies will take priority for these slots in NBT.

#36 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

Smoke Adders are looking for one top tier pilot to join our ranks who is interested in competitive play. While the scene is largely limited to Netbattletech currently for those of us not in the final three of the MWOWC (GL to Emp, BW, Eon), this is for our Division B team.

Our goal is to keep learning from the best around us, develop as a team and break out into Division A - NA as well. In Netbattletech, we control the Clan Star Adder faction, involved in multiple fights per week against various opponents and with the multitude of Division A teams in this season, we are going to be facing some of the best.

If you're on of those tryhard pilots, one who feels that can gel with a team and contribute immediately as a potential starter, we're looking to bring someone like you in, tap your perspective on upper tier play and help the team get better. The roster for our competitive teams are deliberately limited to 12 people at a time, because competitive folks don't like to ride the bench, and we want all 12 pilots to get into the rotation. With the frequency of scrimmages and matches available in NBT, that's never a problem.

For those who might not be quite ready for Div B+ competitive play, we have a second team that competes in the Div E (introductory level) of MRBC and will be fielding a Div C/D team as well with experienced players as well up and comers.

This team spot is for this persistent season of NBT, for the next season of NBT (that is likely not until after the holidays or NY) and for next season's MWOWC. We came in 13th at the "bell" and feel with a bit more time, practice, and quality perspective, we can break into the top 12 and be a real threat in the future. If you're looking to solidify a team that started at the bottom and climbed all the way, give us a look. If nothing else, come drop with us, see if we're a fit (as we'll be looking at you the same way) and have some fun blowing **** up. No commitment necessary until you've decided.

#37 Not Again

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

Hello,

I'm looking become a part of a team if you guys still have your feelers out for a player. I've been playing Mechwarrior for a few years (more in the last 1 - 1&1/2) and I really enjoy the game. I play almost strictly Clan because I like the firepower and have around 50+ mechs with a focus on Heavy and Assault. I also have some light mechs and enjoy them quite a bit as well, but they generally aren't as good for C-bill farming so I don't use them as much. I almost never play medium. I'd love to answer any questions you may have if you'd like to get to know me a bit more. I don't use the forums much so the best way to get a hold of me if you'd like to contact me is through my email at jpalvey012886@yahoo.com. I may be good enough to qualify for your B+ team, but I'd be happy to play on your E team if you'd prefer. Frankly, I just want to start playing with an organized group. Going solo has been getting a little stale.

As far as my stats. They aren't amazing as my K/D ratio is sitting at 1.06 currently. This would be higher if you removed my first couple years(ish) from the game as I mainly used missiles at the time (loved them then). I then saw the light, switched to lasers/ballistics, and that ratio has been climbing ever since. I don't know if there is a way that you can prove that through some functionality provided by MWO, but if not, I'd be happy to answer any questions that might help alleviate any doubts or play some games with someone so you can get an idea of how I play (I'm always open to getting coaching/advice to better my play).

Something I want to throw out there in the beginning is that I may have more constraints on my time due to my job. I'm a public accountant (CPA). Essentially, as well as being fairly good with numbers and spreadsheets, that means that I'm very busy from January to April (12+ hour days, but not on weekends) and sometimes things get really busy during the rest of the year depending on how things go. I do have some flexibility to determine when I need to work outside of 8-5, but games later in the evening are always the best option for me personally (I live in the mountain time zone). Again, just wanted to throw that out there so that you knew my main constraint for being a super active part of the team. Hope to hear from you guys and please ignore the many spelling errors that probably occurred in this post.

Edited by Not Again, 22 October 2017 - 03:00 PM.

#38 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

PM'd you NotA.

#39 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

You guya should join battle for midway :)

#40 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:19 AM

We have some guys discussing it as a matter of fact ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users