81 replies to this topic

#61 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:34 AM

Tempted to return to the game, how is the schedule for training? how often do u train?

#62 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:17 PM

We play comp nights currently (Tuesday and Thursday) as either a practice session, a run in compQ or both. Right now the middle crew needs Div A/B level talent to round out its roster and is holding sessions twice a week.

Typically we get the groups together around 9pm EST and run for a few hours on the formal nights.

Wednesdays are a "casual FP night" and until MRBC starts back up, the schedule will remain fairly open like this. Once MRBC is announced on the horizon (basically once the qualifier phase for WC is largely over) we'll start scheduling scrimmages etc against teams based on their skill/experience levels, given that we have three squads currently doing Competitive play.

Given your Jarl's list, you'd be a definite fit for our middle team and potentially could move your way into the next team up based on how well you gel with folks -- or the second team could conceivably continue its improvement and end up direct competition with the first team.

#63 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:29 PM

what is a "Jarl's List"?

#64 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:38 PM

Ok, now I know what a Jarl's list is, im on ur teamspeak if u wanna chat.

#65 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:00 PM

SA still looking to field new teammates as the WC qualifiers wins to a close.

Our 373rd Cluster is still looking for top level talent interested in pushing the entire squad to greater heights in the WC and the fall season of MRBC and beyond. A pilot highly capable in all weight classes, with understanding of how to fill their intended match role with a minimum of direction, is on our wish list.

Our 173rd is also looking for regular, highly competitive types, with or without alot of comp experience but who are strong pilots, capable of following the drop calls, focusing fire intelligently and good situational awareness.

The 505th is looking for 2-3 players that play very regularly, are looking to learn and develop in the group and competitive environments. Experience in the comp scene at any level is helpful but not required. Its more about shelving the ego, and working with the team to earn wins.

All three clusters are looking for guys willing to be patient when needed, and get aggressive the split the call comes to do so.

#66 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:20 AM

My real life issues(wife) are now permanently cleared up.

I'm rusty AF at the moment, but I've got 100+ mechs, have been on or led numerous #1 teams over the last 20 years(I ran MiT in VL and SL), and have a tendency to overdo it if I get with a good group of guys. I follow orders well, can aim, I'm a good sport, and as long as you don't mind the fact that I swear like the pirate I am, you'll probably think I'm funny.

I'm available 7pm to midnight, pacific, on weeknights, and weekends that I'm not doing music stuff, I'm wide open.

I'd like to do comp, not FP, as I don't have time to grind it out, but I really do enjoy teamwork and competition and will gladly be on time and ready to go for people that give me the same consideration.

#67 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 03:41 PM

HK, you're welcome to swing by any time. I know given your recent return to MWO and the rustiness that comes with it, you'd probably fit right in with the divisional team run by our Aidenmpryde/Xylog (co-captains for the cluster).

Our website is SmokeAdders.com and we use the TS/Discords advertised there. Gig around for some drops with us (Sundays, Tuesday, Thursday most populated nights, followed by M/W - weekends are low pop for us).

#68 7Zebras

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:41 PM

Hi,
I'm an EST timezone player and looking for a unit. I've been playing for just a few months and just made tier 4. I have about 6 mastered clan mechs and am just looking for some cool people to work in with, learn and get better at being BA. Please let me know what you need to join your metal smashing parties.

#69 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

Hey, we are dropping group queue almost every evening, just get on the Teamspeak and hit us up. If you are looking to play comp the 505 is our entry level team and has practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 EST.

*edited to correct time

Edited by Therax, 15 January 2019 - 05:58 PM.

#70 Lokamis

• Pip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:25 PM

In-Game Name: Lokamis
Are you 18+: Yes
Previous Competitive Experience/Teams: Yes, 2 Full season MRBC star league,and many more.
Any specific league/tournament: MRBC Star League.
Region: NA / USA
Times Available: AZ Based time so not a fan of clock changes.
Mic/VoIP access: DUH, at this time in online gaming who doesn't.
Willing to tag up with a unit: Yes, But don't need to.
Additional comments: So i messed up, Old unit 228th, Said some not so nice things and was given the boot. Have done some great work on myself. FYI just wanna play, i'm not good with leading.

#71 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:11 PM

Smoke Adders is recruiting specifically for 3+ positions currently, for this season's Martial Olympiad 8v8 series that starts in March.

Looking for 1-2 competent, experienced players looking for their first time in competitive play or are still relatively inexperienced and looking to get more comp play under their belt, for our 505th Cluster.

We're also looking for 1-2 top tier pilots looking for comp play, that want to make an immediate impact and seeking a starting role. These aren't introductory positions, so upper level play is mandatory and we're not looking for back ups or roleplayers. This is for those looking to compete at the higher levels (Division A or B), and to dive right into the theorycrafting, smart dropdec builds and play against of the best teams/players in the game.

SmokeAdders.com to learn more about the gang, or hit us up on the MWO Competitive Discord / StranaMechty Teamspeak, where anyone tagged SA can get you linked up to check us out.

Good hunting.

#72 TDanger

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:36 AM

Hey.

Looking to try out competitive play. I played MWO for a bit back in 2016, dropped it for a while, and recently picked it back up a few seasons ago. I ranked 728 on Jarl's last season (Average score 321, with 373 games played). Wondering if I can make the cut, or if I should keep at it.

Thanks
- T

#73 ColdStar00

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:08 AM

You guys still taking pilots? Do you run trials?

#74 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

SA is still active and taking new pilots. We do run a Trail of Position for new recruits after they have been voted into the unit. More information about the Smoke Adders unit, how to join, and the ToP can be found here on the website: http://smokeadders.com/forums/953170

#75 ColdStar00

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

Thank you Therax hope to hear from you and/or the adders soon.

#76 Atlas32

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 106 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:58 PM

Hey, I'm looking for a group to join and I'm wondering how to get this started. I played competitively for a few years since closed beta with a few groups. One of those groups was SWK if that means anything to you. Doesn't look like they're still around.

IGN is Atlas32 and I'm in the EST timezone. Thanks

#77 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:10 PM

Strana Mechty Teamspeak sever address was changed a few months ago, and unfortunately the correct people are currently unavailable to update this post.The current Teamspeak address is ts.stranamechty.info and the password is StranaMechty

#78 oHans

• Pip
  • Corporal
  • Corporal
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:10 AM

hey smoke adders, my old pilot name was meowzz
I used to pilot jenners, cicada's, shadowcats, mauraders and night gyrs, for you guys back in the day.
pass my trial and everything
i lost my old log in info during moves, had a seperate email, recently found and changed, still have a bunch of you on the friends list, including old bloodofficer names.
My new Pilot name is oHans, i still have some sweet mechs, and enjoy playing.
i have also downloaded TS and added stana-mech-ty like back a few plus years ago

Edited by oHans, 11 February 2020 - 11:53 AM.

#79 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:25 PM

I member.

#80 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent