13 replies to this topic

#1 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

Need to complain about some aspect of the MWO experience, your play, your builds, what you see in others, etc. Do it here, because the powers that be shoved the old Daily Whine...the longest running and most prolific thread on the forums for a reason...into the archives.

My whine:

Last night it was comp central. They must have been pumped up from the comp scene townhall with Russ or something. Every drop my little three man had included with it (either with us or against us) a 4-6 man comp team. 54MR, SA, 228, 2323, etc. While it was very quiet (no one used VOIP and those that did were ignored...huh?) it was pretty brutal. Murder balls with snipers and let us scrubs be the meat shields. 6 matches in a row. Yay. At least they push though. Finally got a match with mostly random small groups and then all they did was chat about where the enemy was and would not commit to moving against them.

Sigh.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:37 AM

Some ******* griefer in today's CW match. Within first 6 minutes he used up three of his four mechs (suicided most likely), and when I told him to stay back since he is on his last mech, he AFKed in spawn until the game ended. A fresh Stalker. One reason why our side had lost a very close game.

Posted Image

I then heard the ******* does this kinda griefing all the time. **** that guy. I can handle a newbie pugger and give him directions, but a blatant griefer like him? Just hope he is banned due to my report. Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 01 April 2017 - 04:38 AM.

#3 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:48 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 01 April 2017 - 04:37 AM, said:

Some ******* griefer in today's CW match. Within first 6 minutes he used up three of his four mechs (suicided most likely), and when I told him to stay back since he is on his last mech, he AFKed in spawn until the game ended. A fresh Stalker. One reason why our side had lost a very close game.

Posted Image

I then heard the ******* does this kinda griefing all the time. **** that guy. I can handle a newbie pugger and give him directions, but a blatant griefer like him? Just hope he is banned due to my report. Posted Image

I kinda want to try my hand some time at this respawn game mode stuff, sounds cool. I just always remember that I have no where near enough modules to fit more than one or two mechs. I guess im just a #cheapskate

What I mean to say is that there must be others like me that would be willing to play if they had a clue what was going on and how to get into it lol.

Edited by HGAK47, 01 April 2017 - 04:50 AM.

#4 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:58 AM

View PostHGAK47, on 01 April 2017 - 04:48 AM, said:

I kinda want to try my hand some time at this respawn game mode stuff, sounds cool. I just always remember that I have no where near enough modules to fit more than one or two mechs. I guess im just a #cheapskate

What I mean to say is that there must be others like me that would be willing to play if they had a clue what was going on and how to get into it lol.

Best you can do is go into any of the various teamspeak channels and find a more casual minded group and drop with them. I am certain there are still teams who occasionally drop into FP who would be happy to show you the ins and outs. Alas there is still no academy for this. Also look to you tube and the new player section of the forums, there are lots of good pointer/guide threads. Good luck.

Edited by Bud Crue, 01 April 2017 - 04:58 AM.

#5 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:09 AM

I keep getting targeted specifically by all of the enemies LRM boats when I pilot my Urbie. Do they really have no shame? XD

#6 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:22 AM

View PostAthom83, on 01 April 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

I keep getting targeted specifically by all of the enemies LRM boats when I pilot my Urbie. Do they really have no shame? XD

Brah the Urbie is so broken even after 15 straight nerfs and urbie still one shot half the enemy team, and devour kodiaks like it's nothing.

But seriously I love seeing all theses urbies out it give me a reason to bring out my old Timberwolf D with streaks agian.

Edited by Battlemaster56, 01 April 2017 - 08:22 AM.

#7 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

#8 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:22 AM

I got to tell an LRM boat vulture who was whining about getting jumped by 3 lights: "maybe you're just gonna die because you're in an LRM boat"

felt good

#9 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

As much as i like winning, in group queue with bigger premades on your team, their mechs are much faster than you and your buddy's assaults and because those guys are usually aggressive (why wouldn't they be? play to the strengths of your comp...) they usually mop up so nicely that by the time you've gotten your fat *** over there, the match is over and you've done very little damage for an assault.

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 01 April 2017 - 06:05 PM.

#10 The Amazing Spider Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

I had the perfect scenario handed to me and I hosed it on account of the event. Domination on Alpine, friendly neighborhood ACH is kind enough to cloak my approach to backbiting the assault lance. I spring the trap on a lone Stalker LRM boat from inside arming distance. I facetank his 2 mediums from 40m like a boss and strip a ST while denying friendly LRMs by locking another target before I get the solo kill. As they fall I notice the crit Battlemaster that's too late to help his Stalker. His SPL build looked like trouble but I soon gathered his aim made him another easy solo and he falls. I only aimed to kill the Battlemaster quickly, the others were spreading damage for funsies. I'm not even halfway through my ammo that I need to deplete for the event so I hunt for more easy targets. I spot a fresh King Crab hiding near the circle and I engage. I turn 6 or 7 circles before SRM ammo runs dry and the big lug is crit everywhere except arms. I still have 700 MG rounds that are begging for crits when a lance finally shows up to chase me away. If I didn't need to survive for the event I would've stayed for the third assault solo, but I instead bugged out just to earn an easy 1m cbills. I fired the rest of my ammo into the snow and only shot the last remaining enemy with 2 barrages of 2 SPL. I got my reward.

I carried the team hard, did 948 damage, most kills and enemies touched, but I missed the perfect epeen waggling screenshot for the event. I swear, the possibility for mediocre rewards brings out the worst player in all of us. I hate events.

#11 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

My whine is i can't work a Dragon but i'm starting to enjoy the Gargoyle.

WTH man?

Edited by Lupis Volk, 01 April 2017 - 06:42 PM.

#12 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

Posted Image
daily cheese yum Posted Image

#13 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 01 April 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

My whine is i can't work a Dragon but i'm starting to enjoy the Gargoyle.

WTH man?

cXL makes a huge difference

#14 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:01 AM

I am starting to get concerned about the state of the game. The population this whole weekend seemed far more limited than I have ever seen it. Its seemed like the same 5-6 teams all night. Matches last night, were the same as Friday in group queue with 4-7 man comp teams dominating play and the remainder made up of us filthy casuals but even here it was the same groups of filthy casuals over and over.

That's not my whine though, my whine is that when playing against a 7 man of EMP, on of the charmers dropping with them was so pumped about being on their team that he pretty much typed the whole match about how bad our team was and how it is so easy to kick our a55es (they of course still won even if the guy wasn't helping). I know it is EMP (even if "only" 7 of them) but that sort of "rubbing it in" loss...before we have even finished losing...still burns. Jerk.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users