#21 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

View PostGenesis23, on 04 April 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

if you want to erppc snipe, use a shadowcat. youre not doing your team any favor by wasting assault class armor while sitting back. i might have undersrood something wrong but assaults should share their armor, not stand way back and getting swarmed after your entire team ia dead because they had a diaadvantage in numbers and tonnage at the frontline.

You're right, I must not spend any time joining pushes, fighting at mid range, sharing armor with my team mates, and obviously spend all my time hiding 1k out. I'm so happy I was lucky enough for you to tell me how invalid my play style and abilities are based on a single forum message with no reference or context to either of those things.

Rather than assuming every player with long range weapons is scared of taking damage and just hides, maybe try considering that some of us other players have figured out how to contribute to our teams at multiple ranges and even more advanced concepts like working with the team.

#22 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

Finally!! One of the few preorders I regret not getting.

Its certainly not going to help with my new tech savings...but oh well. Some chassies were a little less than I was expecting but yikes, them IS engines upgrades always get me.

#23 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:36 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 04 April 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

Were there issues with the Warhawk's hit boxes? I've got the basic marauder set and have to say that they are worth while mechs... Just can't beat the Warhawk as a PPC boat.

The issue was that there were no issues. A huge LRM magnet CT cowl, a barn door front view Awesome-style, huge ST even at the front and guess what, low hardpoints. Say, last time I checked (which was long ago) Battlemaster's hitboxes allowed it to run XL engine with little problem, at least much better than poor Stalker. Warhawk was a CLAN mech that received POSITIVE QUIRKS, and that alone says volumes. Shame really, I liked that mech on paper, and without these issues it would even make a better brawler than MAD-IIC due to the lack of huge side profile.

#24 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 04 April 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

Rather than assuming every player with long range weapons is scared of taking damage and just hides, maybe try considering that some of us other players have figured out how to contribute to our teams at multiple ranges and even more advanced concepts like working with the team.

thanks for making me laugh, i needed that.
if you really want to fight at midrange, take lpl, much more efficient. i have seen way too much camping assaults and heavies who sit back, shooting from distances where even erppcs barely scratch the paintjob, if they even hit at all, not sharing their armor and contributing nothing to the teams efford and making basically the same mistake the lurmboats do to believe that ppc are a reasonable choice for a mech of that weightclass considering the match ends in a nice brawl for most of the time.

i admit i never got the hang of the ppcs, and never felt like i missed out on something. lpl were allways my prefered weapons instead and proofed effective and fun enough.

#25 Mechropanzer

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:34 AM

Is this Marauder IIC for C-Bills promo permanent or a limited time offer? Plus, which of the variant is closest to the Scorch?

#26 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:43 AM

View PostMechropanzer, on 05 April 2017 - 05:34 AM, said:

Is this Marauder IIC for C-Bills promo permanent or a limited time offer? Plus, which of the variant is closest to the Scorch?

1. All permanent, you can buy them now at any time, they are not going anywhere.
2. I see what you are trying to do there Posted Image Mad Cat-2 is almost exact replica, arguably somewhat better. Otherwise it is D version with ECM, but you can only cram LB-10x there if you want SRMs as well.

#27 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 05 April 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

thanks for making me laugh, i needed that. if you really want to fight at midrange, take lpl, much more efficient. i have seen way too much camping assaults and heavies who sit back, shooting from distances where even erppcs barely scratch the paintjob, if they even hit at all, not sharing their armor and contributing nothing to the teams efford and making basically the same mistake the lurmboats do to believe that ppc are a reasonable choice for a mech of that weightclass considering the match ends in a nice brawl for most of the time. i admit i never got the hang of the ppcs, and never felt like i missed out on something. lpl were allways my prefered weapons instead and proofed effective and fun enough.

The Warhawk Prime with 4 erPPCs is probably my most effective mech. It does take practice to get the hang of aiming them, but I can now pull 400 damage quick play matches in weaker performances and I set a personal record of 1235 damage in a quick play match recently. Even with the erPPC being far from ideal for close combat, I can still pull respectable damage even if rushed in this monster, just gotta get comfortable with over ride and trigger discipline

I think you are addressing a poor play style more than you are really addressing builds. There are plenty of people playing way too far out, but I think its better to let them know how to more effectively use those weapons (by moving their asses closer) or encourage them to consider mixed builds so that they don't rely on being as far away as possible. One example is using 2 lrms and 2 s-srms on a scorch rather than 4s-srms only. It has a sweet spot of 200-400 meters and allows the pilot to do some damage while moving in or over friendly shoulders when they don't have LOS.

The only real point out of this is that each it comes down to how a mech and a build are used as opposed to what is being used.

#28 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 04 April 2017 - 11:36 PM, said:

The issue was that there were no issues. A huge LRM magnet CT cowl, a barn door front view Awesome-style, huge ST even at the front and guess what, low hardpoints. Say, last time I checked (which was long ago) Battlemaster's hitboxes allowed it to run XL engine with little problem, at least much better than poor Stalker. Warhawk was a CLAN mech that received POSITIVE QUIRKS, and that alone says volumes. Shame really, I liked that mech on paper, and without these issues it would even make a better brawler than MAD-IIC due to the lack of huge side profile.

I don't think you need to be worried about the Warhawk, it is way better than the MAD IIC for erPPC fire and not in nearly as bad of a place as the majority of people believe it is.

#29 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:46 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 05 April 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

I think you are addressing a poor play style more than you are really addressing builds. There are plenty of people playing way too far out, but I think its better to let them know how to more effectively use those weapons (by moving their asses closer) or encourage them to consider mixed builds so that they don't rely on being as far away as possible. One example is using 2 lrms and 2 s-srms on a scorch rather than 4s-srms only. It has a sweet spot of 200-400 meters and allows the pilot to do some damage while moving in or over friendly shoulders when they don't have LOS.

The only real point out of this is that each it comes down to how a mech and a build are used as opposed to what is being used.

you are right. i have nothing against ppcs in general, just because i cant hit **** with them, and i dont want to judge someone for using them, but unfortunately many players think that ppcs are for long range only. and in the end, the missing tonnage at the frontline makes all the difference.

to your mixed build on a scorch: i would use srm instead of s-srm. less cooldown and better spread, considering only about 1/4 of the l s-srm hit the ct and the rest goes randomly into limbs.

#30 Crashburn

• PipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

Well, it's that time of the day/month...yet I don't see Bushwacker's for C-bills available in the store....nor Supernova's for MC. It's release is today per FAQ...and all the past ones have been available at 10:00 PDT which was 30 minutes ago.

I think someone fell asleep at the wheel. :/

#31 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

View PostCrashburn, on 02 May 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Well, it's that time of the day/month...yet I don't see Bushwacker's for C-bills available in the store....nor Supernova's for MC. It's release is today per FAQ...and all the past ones have been available at 10:00 PDT which was 30 minutes ago.

They're there in game. You may have to restart the client.

#32 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:33 PM

No, they are now operating on Hawaii time, with all the $$$ they made off the UM-K9, they'll get around to it... eventually.

#33 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

View PostTercieI, on 02 May 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

They're there in game. You may have to restart the client.

View Poststealthraccoon, on 02 May 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

No, they are now operating on Hawaii time, with all the $$$ they made off the UM-K9, they'll get around to it... eventually.

I sure would love to know where the Website News Post is then? When I went to check, it had not happened, and I'm sure it was well after 10 AM PDT by that time. :(

~D. V. "Also an inquiring mind..." Devnull

#34 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:07 PM

Ahhh another influx of very nice assaults (I do have them and yes they're great so people will love them)... making the lights and meds even rarer. I almost miss the last event with its variance. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users