#2 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:20 PM

BEFORE YOU CRY "OP NERF NOVA"

Shoot off the gun arm if you absolutely have to alpha. It doesn't have a lot of HP.

If you can, just kite the range.. locking on and knowing the loadout will save you the headache. It isn't effective past 99 meters with the flamers, and past 200m the lasers will tickle.

And lastly, it's your fault if you are seperated and isolated from your team, where no one can save you.

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 04 April 2017 - 10:20 PM.

#3 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

Got hit by one of these mech over the weekend, not bad at all but it didnt kill me. He did a fair amount of damage and slowed me down keeping me at 90%ish heat but in the end I just stopped using the lazors and used Gauss, team mates pwned him.

Anyone who has any sense should know by now that flamers can heat you up to 90% heat at the most to stop stun locking. For the people who dont know this or check their heat then decide to alpha all their weapons to shoot the mech in front of them and get shutdown for the next 20-30 seconds while those small pulse head shoot you, it is your fault.

#4 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 04 April 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

BEFORE YOU CRY "OP NERF NOVA"

Shoot off the gun arm if you absolutely have to alpha. It doesn't have a lot of HP.

If you can, just kite the range.. locking on and knowing the loadout will save you the headache. It isn't effective past 99 meters with the flamers, and past 200m the lasers will tickle.

And lastly, it's your fault if you are seperated and isolated from your team, where no one can save you.

Right the key is to just not panic and react accordingly. Shoot off the arm or chainfire, etc.

#5 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 04 April 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

Got hit by one of these mech over the weekend, not bad at all but it didnt kill me. He did a fair amount of damage and slowed me down keeping me at 90%ish heat but in the end I just stopped using the lazors and used Gauss, team mates pwned him.

Anyone who has any sense should know by now that flamers can heat you up to 90% heat at the most to stop stun locking. For the people who dont know this or check their heat then decide to alpha all their weapons to shoot the mech in front of them and get shutdown for the next 20-30 seconds while those small pulse head shoot you, it is your fault.

problem is that the heatbar lags behind when you get hit by flamers. so you often wont see that you are allready hot.

#6 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:30 PM

View PostKangarad, on 04 April 2017 - 10:28 PM, said:

problem is that the heatbar lags behind when you get hit by flamers. so you often wont see that you are allready hot.

In that case I'd suggest being aware of the tactic which is plainly laid out in the video.

#7 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:11 AM

Thing is used to shut down mechs, followed by a headshot. 6spl are enough.
Cheesy as fugg

#8 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:31 AM

Hmmmm... Interesting build and strategy... I think I might try that on some mechs.. I never usually use flamers.. I might give it a shot..

The only problem I see it the range.. if you land on a long-range map like Polar or Frozen... yeah.. you won't survive the approach..

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,069 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:43 AM

had one of these come after me today. i blew off its flamer side and then promptly exploded. when i encounter a flamer mech, its not about victory, its about punishment. so i override and fire alpha after alpha into the section where the fire comes out.

#10 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:52 AM

Wayyy too many players kit their mechs for max alpha snipe. Most of them will risk heat shut down doing 2 consecutive alphas. I'm temped to put a few flamers on my Banshee just to troll these people.

#11 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 05 April 2017 - 03:43 AM, said:

had one of these come after me today. i blew off its flamer side and then promptly exploded. when i encounter a flamer mech, its not about victory, its about punishment. so i override and fire alpha after alpha into the section where the fire comes out.

Well if you shoot off the SPL arm it loses all of it's actual combat ability.

#12 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,069 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 05 April 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

usually i finish the job, but in this case it was not an option. i had just completed a brawl with another mech and was already quite hot, i was also surrounded since i seemed to be the only one who followed the push order. so override, spam whatever cool shots i had and start firing.

#13 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

B33F has yet to disappoint, this is hilarious!

Don't forget to bring superior tactics, Mechwarriors.

#14 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

That describes a Nova in general, really. Know where to shoot your opponent!

Bravo B33f, for i hath LOL'd again.

#15 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

Fun video.

So this is why there have been a sudden influx of flame novas in my drops. the ones I've seen so far have leeroyed more than snuck and have been rekt early on.

#16 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 05 April 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

Fun video.

So this is why there have been a sudden influx of flame novas in my drops. the ones I've seen so far have leeroyed more than snuck and have been rekt early on.

Every time THE B33F releases a cheese build, you get a massive influx of mechs with that build (I will admit I did it with the Direstar and Binary STAR when that video came out).

The funniest **** I had seen was a pug drop in quick play that had 4 direstars on our team, dropping on the old terra therma map. A third of their team and our team INSTANTLY died and it was hilarious.

#17 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

So far no one can use this mech like the beef , at least no one that I have encountered.

They drop superquick, have noticed a bunch tho!!

Edited by Amsro, 05 April 2017 - 01:21 PM.

#18 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

Not ENTIRELY

It just becomes a Support mech
6 Flamers remove your heat cap in seconds.

#19 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

I tried it with a viper. I only have 6 SPL and 3 flamers though. Can someone with the medusa do 6 SPL 5 flamer?

#20 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostAmsro, on 05 April 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

So far no one can use this mech like the beef , at least no one that I have encountered.

Well i guess i'm doing quite fine too:

But i have to admit that it takes a LOT of practice. It took me about a month until i remembered most cockpit locations and how to approach my targets best. The first week i only got a headshot every 4-6 matches, 5 weeks later it was 1-2 per match.

EDIT:
As a sidenote, i opted for a more redundant weapon distribution, so i am still able to contribute when one arm is lost. But in B33f's great video his distribution looks like more fun. Posted Image

EDIT2:

View PostSnowbluff, on 05 April 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

I tried it with a viper. I only have 6 SPL and 3 flamers though. Can someone with the medusa do 6 SPL 5 flamer?

The Medusa was the mech that actually brought me to this build. It works but you run so damn hot that you need to be really careful to not overheat yourself before the enemy does. You can only shoot your SPL for the headshot. If you miss that you won't get another chance. The Nova however can shoot all day long with it's 21 DHS. Oh, and the Viper tends to loose it's arms very fast.

So for me the Nova turned out to be superior in every aspect except mobility of cause. At least if you want to contribute to your team without having to cooldown all the time.

Edited by Daggett, 05 April 2017 - 02:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users