Weapons

404 replies to this topic

#1 BabyCakes666

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:20 AM

your looking down upon some one for a weapon type this is stooped and childish and you know it

LRMs are a meh weapon and your harassing people for it

look at the forms all these threads abut LRM hate

https://mwomercs.com...ds-lrm-players/

^he was asked to leave the game for weapon choice

this is childish and ******* ********

that is why im asking you the MWO community to ask PGI to add weapon harassment to the list of warning/temp ban hand outs

it is no longer a joke this hate is getting out of hand

iv been in games were people TK the LRM boat for having LRMs

you look down upon some one for a weapon type in a video game

how pathetic do you have to be to harass some over this

im going to stop this stupidity one way or another

PS. your driving out players from a game with such a small player base lets see how great your #META is when no one is playing

Edited by BabyCakes666, 06 April 2017 - 07:20 AM.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:23 AM

That thread is two years old....

LRM vitriol is stupid, for sure, but its not going anywhere. Willing to bet there have been more threads about LRMs than any other subject since this game started.

#3 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:25 AM

And yet, even the haters like it when that pesky Light nipping their backs gets LRM'ed to death ... but they don't say it :)

LRMs are a viable and valid weapon choice in some hands, there are even some 'mechs designed around it, but ...

Haters gotta hate.

Sad world we live in, even in the artificial paradise of an online game, which should cater to fans, we find cranky people that prefer to hate than to play.

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:27 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 06 April 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

That thread is two years old....

LRM vitriol is stupid, for sure, but its not going anywhere. Willing to bet there have been more threads about LRMs than any other subject since this game started.

Those, and Lights

RIP

#5 BabyCakes666

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:30 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 06 April 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

And yet, even the haters like it when that pesky Light nipping their backs gets LRM'ed to death ... but they don't say it Posted Image

LRMs are a viable and valid weapon choice in some hands, there are even some 'mechs designed around it, but ...

Haters gotta hate.

Sad world we live in, even in the artificial paradise of an online game, which should cater to fans, we find cranky people that prefer to hate than to play.

my point ^

but WHY YOU LOT GOT TO HATE LRMs to the point of going out of your way to harass/TK some one

this makes no sense to me

#6 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

Is this a thing? Or is babycakes trolling us? Maybe being in Snuggle's video too much and becoming a semi-celebrity has made him crazy...

I think once in a while, a few people will poke fun at the guy that says "LOX PZ" at the beginning of the match. Other than that, there is no "hate" toward lrm-ers...

(Or if the last guy alive is a 90%IS assault lrm with nothing but lrm...)

Let's take an informal poll... does anyone here actually hear anyone "harassing" lrm-ers? Like, as I said in the beginning, is this a thing that's worth 2 thread topics by Snuggle's British sidekick?

#7 BabyCakes666

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 06 April 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

Is this a thing? Or is babycakes trolling us? Maybe being in Snuggle's video too much and becoming a semi-celebrity has made him crazy...

I think once in a while, a few people will poke fun at the guy that says "LOX PZ" at the beginning of the match. Other than that, there is no "hate" toward lrm-ers...

(Or if the last guy alive is a 90%IS assault lrm with nothing but lrm...)

Let's take an informal poll... does anyone here actually hear anyone "harassing" lrm-ers? Like, as I said in the beginning, is this a thing that's worth 2 thread topics by Snuggle's British sidekick?

iv been in LFG pug groups that kick the LRM guy

LRM hate is real and its stooped

like poking fun/trolling at some one for LRMs is fine

but some people take it way to far and these people are like a cancer on this game

i play with the LRM team a lot of the time so i get to see LRM hate more then most people

some of the people that i play with that LRM are like 60 and cant aim for ****

so they LRM then get harassed for it and im getting sick of it

#8 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

View PostBabyCakes666, on 06 April 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

but some people take it way to far and these people are like a cancer on this game

i play with the LRM team a lot of the time so i get to see LRM hate more then most people

Why do you think most pilots and almost universally all the good pilots strongly dislike LRMs. I know the reasons but I am interested in why you think they do.

#9 PiperJ3

Rookie

• The Hitman
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

If I had to guess...Id say most people have no problem with LRM boats..they are very handy to have around...its just that maybe they need to skill up a bit instead of always only wanting to play on wide open maps.

That crap is just too easy...and it puts the rest of their team vulnerable to LRMs...so I'm not sure whey they think picking Polar map all night long is going to be a good idea.

...and yeah....late nights...Polar is easily the map I get stuck on more than any other.....kinda gettin sick of it....which is why I'm even adding a comment to this thread...hopefully some of you LRM guys will get motivated to expand your horizons a bit and move out of your comfort zone.

You want to be an LRM pilot worth your salt...then learn to shoot over buildings and obstacles. Artamis is your friend.

#10 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

I've been yelled at for being an LRM boat before because I put two LRM10s on a laser vomit Timberwolf because I wanted the ears look and a couple LRM10s on my Mauler which is more dakka than anything else just because I felt the look of the giant shoulders was iconic for that 'mech. I've also been yelled at for being an LRM boat Kodiak because my KDK-2 has a single LRM15 launcher that is used as just a closing weapon until I manage to get in range of its SPLs and UAC/20. People need to learn the difference between actual boating and just carrying a few on the side.

#11 BabyCakes666

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

View PostMole, on 06 April 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

I've been yelled at for being an LRM boat before because I put two LRM10s on a laser vomit Timberwolf because I wanted the ears look and a couple LRM10s on my Mauler which is more dakka than anything else just because I felt the look of the giant shoulders was iconic for that 'mech. I've also been yelled at for being an LRM boat Kodiak because my KDK-2 has a single LRM15 launcher that is used as just a closing weapon until I manage to get in range of its SPLs and UAC/20. People need to learn the difference between actual boating and just carrying a few on the side.

see its **** like this that pisses me off

he has 1 LRM and now he gets harassed

makes now sense to me at all

AND HES NOT EVEN BOATING!!!

Edited by BabyCakes666, 06 April 2017 - 08:09 AM.

#12 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

People are tired of stomps. It feels like hours of your play time completely wasted after you have had a long streak of them and often a few lurm boat heavies or assaults not sharing armor is a huge factor in brutal losses.

Improving the match maker to factor in variables such as LRM count instead of just blindly factoring tonnage and "tiers" should go a long way in improving matches.

#13 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

View PostBabyCakes666, on 06 April 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

my point ^

but WHY YOU LOT GOT TO HATE LRMs to the point of going out of your way to harass/TK some one

this makes no sense to me

Basically just stupid people on both sides hating each other and getting too worked up.

Idiot1 brings his LRM Atlas into the match and sits back the whole game managing to make at least 20% of his damage team damage with LRMs only to be the last one alive and having an angry team spectate his terribly poor display of teamwork.

Idiot2 gets mad after seeing the performance of too many examples of Idiot1 and so becomes prejudiced against all LRMs, going so far as to team kill LRM boats out of pure anger without a care of how that hurts the team... however minorly if the LRM player is the usual potato.

Simple cause and effect reactions. Small actions causing larger actions type of deal.

You could say that if the average LRM player actually used the weapons well instead of dying horribly many times over that people wouldn't get so prejudiced. Though you could also say that people shouldn't get so worked up about being stuck with trash tier teammates. Then you could go and blame PGI for allowing the matchmaker to match people based on a tier system instead of KDR based system that would be better than the current (if not completely perfect).

Basically just report team killers and accept that there are bad players who can play so badly that they soil the name of an entire weapon system.

#14 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

AH.
How nice it would be.
To feed the birds.
With this thread.

#15 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

View PostBabyCakes666, on 06 April 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

Op's post here

L33Ts don't like it because they complain about how poor the weapon is, and how little the LRM player contributes, we lost the game because of Sh*T LRM assault players is usually the biggest whine.

While also complaining about the people that use it, because it's easy mode, if it's easy why so low a score.

Also the supposed good shots can't show off their madskillz in anything but optimal conditions and screen shake prevents that.

(this is also why and same sad four maps show up time and time again)

Using an LRM boat badly is easy mode, using one properly, is just like using any DPS build, but it's no worse than the assault at the back sniping, not sharing armour, and then coming here and telling everyone how wonderful they are, because the carried so hard.

Edited by Cathy, 06 April 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#16 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

Its not the weapon, it's that an lrm mech can hide and still do damage. There is no risk to themselves and they get damage for free, increase match score for free, get cbills for free. They dont even need to see a target - they can use other's work who actually engage the enemy for locks.

I know there are different playstyles, and i dont want to say they are acting cowardly, but it is something to think about for those that use missiles.

Edited by Coolant, 06 April 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#17 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

View PostMole, on 06 April 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Is that ONE incident or a consistent behaviour? I'm willing to bet it's the former.

View PostBabyCakes666, on 06 April 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

Now, I've rarely go to the LFG que nor pick up anyone from the LFG que. But, whoever form the group has the right to form the group to his liking? I mean, that kinda gives it away, don't you run with Snuggles anyways? Why do you need to go to LFG? Otherwise, come and run with NTEX. We've got a few HUGE LRM guys, you are welcome to screw around with us.

(Make snuggle make a video about this, he did one on your thong. I'm sure he will address this.)

#18 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

It's feast or famine combined with trolls and jerks.

People view lrms as easy mode, and they are not. While launching them off may not be as skill intensive as nailing a mid-flight spider from across the map with ppcs, the fact that you have to be able to judge a good target from a bad, how far away to be and a half dozen other factors makes being a good lrm player a difficult skill in its own right. They have lots and lots of counters and weaknesses, more so than any other weapon (people say point and click...doesn't that just scream laser vomit?)

Fact is, I've seen good ones and bad ones. One game this little kid dropped on my team in a catapult. talked up a big game on VOIP, tried to tell everyone what to do, made himself out to be a tier 1 megastar. We got rolled pretty bad, so when I died in an early brawl I went to view him. He stood as far back as he could, launching volley after volley of lrms at mechs over 1000 meters away, firing his medium lasers at them when he could, and wouldn't listen to any advice from the team in terms of what he was doing wrong. He ended up getting rekt by a locust when he was the last one left. He dealt 16 damage.

We've all seen this player, we've seen him on mechs of every class, and we want to scream in frustration when we do. However, we've all tried to cross the field of play at some point and been absolutely destroyed by accurate lrm fire before and hated every frustrating second of it. In good hands, they do terrible things to their enemies.

Grow up. If you don't like them, don't use them. If you like them, enjoy them. Improve your skills, take advice, and always build with close range backup weapons to defend yourself. Don't stand way behind your team, stick with them, but just behind the guys in front, so you can distract and help destroy the other team while your tanks and brawlers take them to task. Use other people's locks when you can, but find your own when possible...if you can see your target, you know if they are going to be able to find cover or not, so you can avoid wasting your ammo.

Happy gaming

#19 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:32 AM

In the end, damage is still damage.

There are some 'mechs which are specialized in the use of LRMs, other specialized in the use of NARC and TAG.

One of each of those make a wonderfull combo, and it works.

Yes, a LRM'er hidden away shooting terrain is bad.

Yes, a LRM'er firing smart salvoes is an asset to the team.

#20 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:33 AM

LRMs are bad, so are plenty of mechs and builds. So are tons of things people do. Calling bad out as bad is one thing, being a **** is still being a ****.

Edited by MischiefSC, 06 April 2017 - 08:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users