#21 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:00 PM

View PostKhobai, on 09 April 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

but if the fafnir is added it definitely wont get used

That is just yet another reason why the Annihilator should never have been chosen over the Fafnir in the first place, especially in a FCCW-pack.

I am not willing to give up on such an important Mech just to make Annihilator-fans feel better about themselves.

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 09 April 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

That is just yet another reason why the Annihilator should never have been chosen over the Fafnir in the first place, especially in a FCCW-pack.

I am not willing to give up on such an important Mech just to make Annihilator-fans feel better about themselves.

It could just as easily be said the other way around also. ANH fans likely don't care if Fafnir fans are happy, either.

We already for one pointless bit of MW4 fan service with the Uziel.

#23 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 April 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

It could just as easily be said the other way around also. ANH fans likely don't care if Fafnir fans are happy, either.

You make Uziel cry! Posted Image

#24 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 April 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

Annihilator fans already got what they wanted, and that's fine for them. But denying others their choice just so their Mech is 'perhaps' played more is just petty. A true fan will continue to play the Annihilator anyway.

Also the Fafnir would be more than just MW:4 fan service, for it has a notable role in the lore of the FCCW and shows up on FCCW-era RATs - both of which cannot be said about the Uziel.

#25 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 09 April 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

You make Uziel cry! Posted Image

Uziel is going to make Uziel fans cry.

It was only good in MW4 because of Mixtech. And because a single SRM6 was actually worth having. Especially steak 6.

This is MWO, where our head no Mixtech, a single SRM6 or ssrm6 is worthless, and it's mix of low, archer like cockpit, 29th big archer like shoulders, means not XL friendly, and being confined to IS tech means mediocrity on offense. It will hopefully be decently nimble, though.

#26 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 April 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

It was only good in MW4 because of Mixtech. And because a single SRM6 was actually worth having. Especially steak 6.

This is MWO, where our head no Mixtech, a single SRM6 or ssrm6 is worthless, and it's mix of low, archer like cockpit, 29th big archer like shoulders, means not XL friendly, and being confined to IS tech means mediocrity on offense. It will hopefully be decently nimble, though.

Yeah, still under no illusions as to how the Uziel will perform.

TBH it has a very similar frontal profile to the Ryoken - cockpit level arm weapons and a big, fat trio of torsos above it.

The existence and size of that CT mount will likely have a big effect on performance. If it works like a Thor or Mad Cat? I *only* have to worry about losing my STs when I peak!

If dreams came true, it would end up more like the Shadow Cat, Bushwacker or even the Huntsman (from the front, at least), but I can live with a subpar IS Ryoken Posted Image

View PostFLG 01, on 09 April 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

Yeah, the Annihilator reminds me of MW3, along with the Bushwacker. Still, there's always the next 'mech pack! Yay? Posted Image

View PostFLG 01, on 09 April 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

Also the Fafnir would be more than just MW:4 fan service, for it has a notable role in the lore of the FCCW and shows up on FCCW-era RATs - both of which cannot be said about the Uziel.

Hey hey hey! Leave my Uziel alone Posted Image

I have enjoyed reading snippets of the FedCom Civil War that people have posted, especially some of the feats involving a Fafnir. It *almost* makes me want to read some BT novels. Alas, I'm still getting through the Horus Heresy series and at the rate I'm going, they print two for every one I read!

#27 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 April 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

It is going to be sad, still purchased Posted Image

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users