#41 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:26 AM

Skill Tree Public Test #2

A second Public Test Session of the upcoming Skill Tree revamp is planned for this April, prior to a full release of the feature currently planned for the May patch.

Ready On the Right
Ready On the left
Ready On The Firing Line

COMMENCE FIRING!

(choose one)
1. PGI Hates Us
2. This is the worst thing since The Edsel
3. No Its the worst thing since The Vega
(google them children :-))
4. PGI is a bunch of commies who want to destroy MWO
5. I'll Never buy another mech.
6. I'm leaving! From now on it's only Candy Crush for me.
7. Russ Bullock is the worst person on the planet!

Posted Image

#42 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:28 AM

WHAT, your going to adjust things to improve FP, i have to see this.
So much was misted in the (one-way) roundtable, that i have you have gained more knowledge then i you did.

There is allot in here you want to do.
Rather have Quality over quantity and real FP offcourse Posted Image

#43 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:48 AM

View Postxengk, on 10 April 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

I think they are only fixing the visual.
I recall victor, orion and few mechs does not display the correct tube count when install with any missile.
Example: Orion's second missile rake will always show 10 tube, whether you put SSRM, SRM or LRM there.

Would love it if the Victor line all get missile tube count inflation.
Even 10/6/4 is better than what we have now.

PGI, since this is your official announcement thread, how about a clarification here?

Are you really just making a graphics fix or is this going to finally allow a player to run these mechs and not have to suffer through limited tube counts and staggered fire of current game play?

If it is not a tube count fix, would you take a moment to explain to those of us who have long requested what seems to us to be a simple matter to correct, just why it is that this is so hard to address (keeping in mind you have seemingly easily addressed it in other mechs without comment (see Pretty Baby for example)?

Thank you.

#44 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

Also as to this:

Skill Tree, Engine Desync, and Balance Adjustments
Pending another phase of Public Test in April the new Skill Tree is planned for release in the May patch.
We know there has been some concern expressed regarding the transfer of progress and Modules over to the new system since the previous Skill Tree Public Test, and we want to assure everyone that we have taken great care in ensuring your Skill progress will be retained in the new system; we think you'll be pleased with the solutions.
A complete rundown on all the changes you'll see with the new Skill Tree compared to the previous testing phase is well outside the scope of this Roadmap, but you can expect all the details in the associated Public Test post later in April.

PGI, here too I for one would really appreciate it if you would share your thinking here as to the proposed "Balance Adjustments".
The skills tree would be much more palatable as a player and potential paying customer if I had some faith that the proposed nerfs to many of my past purchases were somehow going to result in a more balanced game play. Yet, with many of the most significant nerfs (as previously proposed) being directed to some of the worst mechs in the game, I simply do not understand how such "balance adjustments" can aid in improving balance; but rather they would seem designed to encourage greater imbalance.

Any sort of explanation to encourage understanding of what it is you are trying to do here would be appreaciated.

Edited by Bud Crue, 11 April 2017 - 04:06 AM.

#45 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:19 AM

Am i the only one that does not like the idea of the Engine decoupling ? It will really change the way mechs move and how you build them. Less diversity i feel.

#46 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:21 AM

No LRM rework? *sadpanda*

#47 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:30 AM

half the reason to take a big engine was the increased mobility, now engine size will only effect one thing - max speed
turn rates and torso speed will be fixed to the mech

heres hoping that pgi dont set the values too low and give all mechs the agility of a cruise liner

#48 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:04 AM

I'm liking what I'm reading. It looks like a pretty good year if it rolls out as outlined :-)

#49 madman24k

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:07 AM

What about the new energy draw system? Is that not being released now? Looked like it was near completion

#50 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:11 AM

energy draw was scrapped

#51 Dequator Wolf

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:13 AM

View Postchaothulhu, on 11 April 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

half the reason to take a big engine was the increased mobility, now engine size will only effect one thing - max speed
turn rates and torso speed will be fixed to the mech

heres hoping that pgi dont set the values too low and give all mechs the agility of a cruise liner

Im pretty sure that all mech will turn like a van, specially the ones that should be agile.

#52 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:15 AM

View PostDequator, on 11 April 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

Im pretty sure that all mech will turn like a van, specially the ones that should be agile.

yeah, because not being able to twist away damage is going to help pgi's goal of increasing ttk

Edited by chaothulhu, 11 April 2017 - 06:15 AM.

#53 FeedMePlz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:32 AM

8v8 Competitive/Ranked Mode
this is terrible

mode for 5% of gamers

and no 1v1 solaris ranked mode and no ranked DEATHMATCH solaris mode FOR 100% gamers

Edited by FeedMePlz, 11 April 2017 - 06:33 AM.

#54 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:41 AM

Quickdraw and Victor Weapon Retrofits
The Quickdraw and Victor will be receiving a weapon retrofit pass this May, primarily aimed at improving the display of Missile weaponry to more accurately reflect the loadout.

May i request a little more information on this dear devs?
What issues does this address? missile tubes? hardpoint readjustments? just resizing the weapons? some quirk changes?

Since quickdraws and victors are my first and favorite mechs Im happy to see them get patched up.

#55 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

Hooray, more toobz. 10/5/2 on the Victor wouldn't exactly accommodate MRMs. Though I would have loved to see it try to squeeze 20+ MRMs out of the two holes on the third launcher :)

#56 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 11 April 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

Am i the only one that does not like the idea of the Engine decoupling ? It will really change the way mechs move and how you build them. Less diversity i feel.

Light Mech pilots got too butthurt that heavier Mechs could turn around and shoot them while they were leg-hugging, so they made enough noise and PGI is nerfing heavier mech movement, since it was not enough that knockdowns were removed and collisions were nerfed.

Edited by Ed Steele, 11 April 2017 - 07:13 AM.

#57 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:13 AM

No new mech pack announcements for May and June? Well, that secures my wallet for another few months.

#58 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:17 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 11 April 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

No new mech pack announcements for May and June? Well, that secures my wallet for another few months.

I told you guys! Not going to get a mech pack until close to the Civil War release I reckon, unless you count the new Wave 2-3 variants and IIC heros mech packs.

#59 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:17 AM

"New Maps!"

This is all you have to say? That's it? And our community is letting you get away with it? It's sick and a travesty to know that in the next few months we still aren't getting anything new and the only real concrete information is in the "looking ahead" section with "New Maps!"

So what, next year we might get one? Absolutely uncool PGI. Just so very much super uncool. Weren't all the new assets supposed to allow you to put out at least a few new maps in how long has it been since we've had a completely new map?

PGI. I love Mechwarrior. Love this game. Love that you're still working on it but this one particular area I call shenanigans!

#60 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:55 AM

View PostW31rdWarrior, on 11 April 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

Nice update here, finally we'll see new maps (hoping PGI will not delay them to the next year, like IK seems destined to).
But:
- Atlas still have a VERY bad walking animation, so, any hope you fix it, please?
- Catapult still have the same Archer issue, floating bay doors shadows
- Highlander's arm mounted Gauss Rifle looks like an Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle
Spoiler

- Nova still have weird left arm
Spoiler

I know that are only minor aesthetics problems, but it's many months that we are asking for fixes

Agreed on those. PGI, fix them asap. Not only that but the Novas left shoulder are also kinda.. angled?
So hoping for an Urban map of some kind too. That would be great!

Otherwise, Im carefully optimistic about the upcoming changes and content. Alot of promise but also alot of pitfalls. Balance overlord Chris needs to keep his head cool. Because pitchforks and salty whiners WILL surely be at the ready if anythyng goes awry... at least in their opinion, not fitting their bill. Im sure the blindsided whiteknights will come to the rescue though.. *sigh*

I might not play much on my potatolaptop until I get a new one (thanks to high taxes in norway, alot of cash came in return).

Edited by Tordin, 11 April 2017 - 07:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users