24 replies to this topic

#1 Ajion

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hey Guys, So i really like this faction, but i have a problem with their mechs, I feel like Mariks have the worst mechs out of all the factions.

As i understand we are more light medium mech faction, with very little heavy and Assault.

Can anyone easy my concerns?

-Ajion reporting for Duty! Looking for a corp.

#2 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

There's nothing to be concerned regarding access to the mechs available to purchase in this game. Any player for any faction will have access to all the mechs, although certain mechs will cost more for one faction than another depending on whether the House you are loyal to produces your mech of choice or not. Therein lies the only "concern".

#3 Storm Fox

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

View PostCaine2112, on 21 July 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

There's nothing to be concerned regarding access to the mechs available to purchase in this game. Any player for any faction will have access to all the mechs, although certain mechs will cost more for one faction than another depending on whether the House you are loyal to produces your mech of choice or not. Therein lies the only "concern".

Wish they could release SOME info on how this will work, if its only like a 5-10% increase, thats prolly overcome fairly easily. One possilbe hit, is that say we are are paying the extra for many of the heavy and assaults... the ones that will already cost a shi-ton of c-bills.... our little discounts on lights and mediums will hardly offset this.

Regardless.... House Marik and the Free Worlds League forever!

Edited by Storm Fox, 21 July 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#4 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Everyone can have all mechs...

And besides Spider, Cicada, Trebuchet, Stalker and Awesome is a pretty good roaster of mechs. :D

#5 Gunther Hartmann

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNabburg Bavaria Germany

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Don`t know what problem you have , Marik has some of the best Mech Variants and some very good Housemechs.

#6 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostAjion, on 21 July 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Hey Guys, So i really like this faction, but i have a problem with their mechs, I feel like Mariks have the worst mechs out of all the factions.

As i understand we are more light medium mech faction, with very little heavy and Assault.

did you know that 2 of the assault mechs in this game are Marik. The 2nd, and 3rd heavyest mechs in this game is marik. I do not know where you get your info....

#7 MMax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Marik prefers HLs and LRMs. So you can find em on basically most of the mechs no matter their weight.

#8 Ajion

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostNoaceik, on 21 July 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

did you know that 2 of the assault mechs in this game are Marik. The 2nd, and 3rd heavyest mechs in this game is marik. I do not know where you get your info....

I got this from this >> http://www.solaris7...._Marik_v1.3.pdf

Our Region is sort of low on Mech building according to the books; this is why i was concerned, if that is not the case. I am glad.

#9 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Assault mechs are utterly worthless anyways... slow moving and slow turning gunboats that cant keep up with their team to be useful

#10 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

In the universe generally Marik fields around half as many assaults as the other factions with a greater emphasis on combined arms and prefer laser based weaponry. So likely you might see a noticeable but far from game-breaking increase in the price of assault mechs and reduced cost of laser weaponry which will pay off with pulse and ER lasers.

#11 Ajion

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

I think i am just paranoid, since we don;t have all the cards on the table for the game. But this faction is the best regardless, the others are just freaking strange. We actually have a society that we fight for, the rest are just dictatorships, follow because they are ordered to.

#12 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostAjion, on 21 July 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

I got this from this >> http://www.solaris7...._Marik_v1.3.pdf

Our Region is sort of low on Mech building according to the books; this is why i was concerned, if that is not the case. I am glad.

It was the military production of house marik that gave the federated commonwealth, and Kurita a chance against the clans. House marik produces half the mech types that are common in this time frame. It looks like they are trying to rewrite history.The davions on the other hand produced the 2nd fewest types of mechs. With only Liao less.

#13 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

At this time in the history Marik is producing these mechs that we have access too in this game at this time. Spider30 tons, Cicada 40tons, Hunchback 50tons, Trebuchet 50tons, Awesome 80tons, Stalker 85 tons. No other faction produces any of these mechs. The Davions have the centurion, and the Jagermech, and they just recently gained control of the Cataphract production from Liao.

#14 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostAjion, on 21 July 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Thing is House Marik doesn't tailor to the "mechs are the be all end all of war fare" ideology that most of the other houses seem to. They tend to use a more combined arms force with tanks, vtols and infantry, much like House Davion does later on in the time line. Another thing to know is that House Marik has the largest fleet of warships out of any of the great houses (looking at sarna the Draconis Combine may have had slightly more, but a majority of them were corvette class ships, while Marik had the bigger ships), and by largest I mean they dwarf any other house's fleet. It is awful hard to start a land war on a planet when you can not get your ground assets planet side. :P

As to MWO in game wise, every one can purchase any type of mech, so it shouldn't be a problem

#15 Ajion

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Yeah i also read about the navy, which i found to be odd, in the age of Mechs, but i guess it makes sense for defensive purposes.

View PostEvinthal, on 21 July 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

Thing is House Marik doesn't tailor to the "mechs are the be all end all of war fare" ideology that most of the other houses seem to. They tend to use a more combined arms force with tanks, vtols and infantry, much like House Davion does later on in the time line. Another thing to know is that House Marik has the largest fleet of warships out of any of the great houses (looking at sarna the Draconis Combine may have had slightly more, but a majority of them were corvette class ships, while Marik had the bigger ships), and by largest I mean they dwarf any other house's fleet. It is awful hard to start a land war on a planet when you can not get your ground assets planet side. :P

As to MWO in game wise, every one can purchase any type of mech, so it shouldn't be a problem

#16 Graives

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

I totally hear you Ajion. The waiting is the worst part, lol. As for the Mech's, I think you should keep in mind that the Dev's have already talked about things like house/faction perks. The higher you rank in your faction or w/e, the better your perks, and as I remember they have talked about giving greater perks factions of lesser numbers. So a smaller house/faction will get better perks per rank than the heavily populated ones. The exact details of this, and even whether it will in fact be in the launch release, have yet to be announced however.

#17 TheeGravedigger

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBurnaby

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

That PDF is 14 game years out of date, definitely an amusing read though.

#18 Gunther Hartmann

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNabburg Bavaria Germany

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

Btw it is always the pilot who makes the mech good, it is a matter of skill and gameplay. I hope there will be not too much only Powerplay Mechs around, that will destroy my Roleplaying view of the game. I think the most players are hardened Veterans from the Tabletop, I hope the have still a sense of "realism".

#19 therealswilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNot Tellin' ya foo's

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

Pilots make everything possible, don't need to panic.

An organized Lance is better then a Lance of Atlases(cough Commonwealth cough)

#20 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

Canonically (sp?) speaking House Marik is pretty much average when it comes to mech tonnages. That is, they are more or less the "normal" from with other factions can be based. Compared to them, Steiners favor fatties, and the Liaos are lacking in same. Kurita and Davion are both fairly close to norm, depending on which era your talking about, and which books you read.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users