Countdown To Roughneck Release April 18Th

87 replies to this topic

#81 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

View PostAramuside, on 22 April 2017 - 03:30 AM, said:

Yeah and you can house rule anything you want still doesn't mean you can use it those house rules to argue balance.

Except these aren't random house rules. They are a clearly defined optional rule set...

Regardless of whether you support the game rules, they definitely have their place in lore:

"Design Quirks are an optional rule set, first formalized in Strategic Operations. They are intended to increase the depth of gameplay, providing rules for otherwise-unsupported features mentioned in game fiction"

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 24 April 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#82 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:52 AM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 24 April 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

Except these aren't random house rules. They are a clearly defined optional rule set...

Regardless of whether you support the game rules, they definitely have their place in lore:

"Design Quirks are an optional rule set, first formalized in Strategic Operations. They are intended to increase the depth of gameplay, providing rules for otherwise-unsupported features mentioned in game fiction"

Nice counter but still not used in any tournament - its from the same set of optional rules filling books which cover everything like R&R (which we don't use), exploding engines (which we don't use), solaris weapons etc etc etc. they're usually rather derisively (for right or wrong) called Stackpole rules, aka the random pretty stuff from the books used to justify miraculous things which couldn't happen in the rules of the time. Do I like some of the rules and love the books - sure. I still wouldn't use them to justify a balance comparison however.

#83 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

Did OK for the one run I did on each of the basic pack variants. Ran once each to get a good idea on how many they sold. Looks to be about 800 packs. LIke I mentioned prior, seemed a bit of a CT sponge. But that was mostly due to face tanking triple UAC5 or AC5. Think I'm going to hold off leveling these after the new weapons come out. RAC and Light Gauss builds with LFE are in my mind.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#84 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

View PostAramuside, on 25 April 2017 - 05:52 AM, said:

Nice counter but still not used in any tournament - its from the same set of optional rules filling books which cover everything like R&R (which we don't use), exploding engines (which we don't use), solaris weapons etc etc etc. they're usually rather derisively (for right or wrong) called Stackpole rules, aka the random pretty stuff from the books used to justify miraculous things which couldn't happen in the rules of the time. Do I like some of the rules and love the books - sure. I still wouldn't use them to justify a balance comparison however.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm not trying to make a statement on the balance comparison. I'm just trying to point out that quirks didn't come out of nowhere, they are very much a thing in TT.

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 25 April 2017 - 03:06 PM.

#85 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:45 PM

Where's my countdown to Javelin release thread.

#86 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

So, why no countdown for the MC release and Assassin CBill release? :)

#87 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

wrong thread but i think your onto something, should be changing/updating on monday?

Edited by Cadoazreal, 06 July 2017 - 05:21 PM.

#88 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

Both were released July 4th but no fanfare like there usually is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users