#181 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:22 AM

View PostIshishi, on 15 April 2017 - 02:46 AM, said:

Just got "Hard Boiled"!

Only did one match for the last hour to see if it works.

You do need to overheat again while override is active after first shutdown.

So it is not like it is written on the event page, it should say:

In one match, engage Override after overheating, overheat again with Override active, survive the match, achieve a Match Score of at least 100,

Ahh no as I just pressed override when overheated then switched it off.

View PostHestan, on 15 April 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

This is my experience as well.

Now I just need to figure out which class of IS mech I need to kill for the very last thing.

Yeah that's my problem... I need one IS and 1 Clan... very irritating.

#182 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

Fun event, not too much trouble except for the hard boiled thing. Wonder which match finally won me its completion. Easily done on two accounts.

#183 Sovngarde

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

To those still having the hard boiled challenge, when your engine overheats and shuts down, let the animation of startup start then press override. Dont do it before your pilot starts up your mech again, override while he's doing it.

#184 Maugged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:56 AM

What's going with the matchmaking really? This is just ridiculous.

#185 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Hard boiled seem not to trigger. I had at least 2 valid matches but no record

#186 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:06 PM

Hey guys, sorry for all the inconveniences in this event!

We're fixing up the JJ List now and adding a note to the Hard Boiled Egg challenge, as many of your fellow Mechwarriors have shared on this thread(and really appreciate you guys doing so!), you must Shutdown from Overheating, take Heat Damage and then engage Override while still Shutdown. Remember you have to result in a win and survive the match on top too.

We'll be fixing up the page shortly to display and separate exactly which 'Mech Weight Classes you have KMDD or Killed in the Dark and Milk Chocolate challenge. This way you know exactly which 'Mech type you might still be missing.

Also the reason the page updates hourly is because these event updates use up a lot of resources, that's why we can't make it occur more frequently. Sorry about this!

#187 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

OK.. the

View PostTina Benoit, on 17 April 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

We'll be fixing up the page shortly to display and separate exactly which 'Mech Weight Classes you have KMDD or Killed in the Dark and Milk Chocolate challenge. This way you know exactly which 'Mech type you might still be missing.

OK.. This is a big Easter Surprise!

Thx!

#188 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the updates!

#189 4Dboy

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:59 AM

hi,

I'd run thru the hardboiled challenge guide and did whatever that works for other players. played at least 50 matches in all but no go on the reward with all the shutdown, overide, survived and 100 points and more ...

somehow i just wont get it no matter what and how i tried.

kinda gave up on this ... hopefully PGI can make a challenge that's not bugged in the future.

sigh

Edited by 4Dboy, 18 April 2017 - 02:23 AM.

#190 Ravewolf

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:20 AM

This was the first challenge I completed all the parts of, and it was fun. The unique items were pretty cute, and the bill rewards decent.

Edited by Ravewolf, 18 April 2017 - 03:20 AM.

#191 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:46 AM

View Post4Dboy, on 18 April 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

hi,

I'd run thru the hardboiled challenge guide and did whatever that works for other players. played at least 50 matches in all but no go on the reward with all the shutdown, overide, survived and 100 points and more ...

somehow i just wont get it no matter what and how i tried.

kinda gave up on this ... hopefully PGI can make a challenge that's not bugged in the future.

sigh

Here's how you do it:

1. Shoot until you overheat shutdown right from the start/spawn

2. Hit override and keep it there

3. Shoot until you overheat past 100% AND take some internal damage (recommend you do that while shooting at the enemy)

4. Survive, get a win with 100 score (or 80, can't remember)

5. Complete

I did this twice and got the completion after the 30min server update wait. I know it works because I normally don't ever use override nor do I overheat. Good luck.

#192 Dastalin

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

Anyone else not getting the update for the dark chocolate part?

#193 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:01 AM

I realy pray i managed to get IS light after all.
last 40 minutes before maintenance i basicly just went all out on IS light hunts due i've needed it for days.

I realy think i got kmmd vs a raven, but if i'm, unlucky it was vs an ebon jagg i also got ahold of...

Page not updated yet, so i'll pray ^^

It's gonna bugg me out if i'll be 3/4 of the challanges :/

Edit:
Yes! Sweet! Page is now updated and i did manage to get that raven! :))

Still confused about hardboiled though, as i'm fairly sure i got it the very first day (as i got the decal)
But still says 0/1 on the event page, and that's not changed throughout the event at all.

So either i already had fire decal (unlikley) or it's just bugged out visualy for me on the event page.

Edited by xSleeZyx, 18 April 2017 - 10:02 AM.

#194 JD Wack

• PipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

This was a great challenge! Fun and with great rewards too, all those cockpit items that are normally pretty hard or costly to get. I especially liked the Hot Potato challenge. Most challenges was pretty easy and sort of made themselves just by normal playing - but this one was awesome. Difficult to achieve with so many factors playing in on succes, and with a nice, nice decal to wear for the honors of having made it. But the best thing about that challenge, I think, was how it had an impact on gameplay that was just hilarious. Irrationality and daredevil galore! All those guys with roasted torsoes inside unscathed armors. All those accidental suicides - some happening at critical, tableturning moments - when pilots failed to keep their cool. Great stuff on the battlefield I'll be remembering for a long time.

#195 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

time to see if this mode is worth it's salt

#196 Dotdot

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 April 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

So yeah, just be willing to give some extra time before you punch that Refresh button. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Impatience results in problems, so please be patient." Devnull

Yeah, I got that. Page stats are supposed to be delayed, but usually in game results were up to the point, it seems now they are not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users