Easter Challenge Event

195 replies to this topic

#21 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

Looks like a fun event...will there be some kind of a sale with the event too? That would make the weekend complete for me :)

#22 Dreadwing

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

Do I understand the challenge right in that omnimechs with jumpjets are not valid for the challenge? Even if it's a chassi that always have jumpjets like the Nova?

#23 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 12 April 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

We're rewording the Hopping Map, Jump Jet challenge to the following:
Achieve 10 Kill or Kill Most Damage Dealt using a Jump Jets capable 'Mech. (See the Jump Jets list)”

Im still confused if mechs on the list that can remove JJ's will have to have them equipped or not (not that it will matter for most as most will just use a mech with jj's equipped, just would be good to clarify)

SO THAT EXPLAINS why i prefer clan, Im a Dark chocolate man.

Edited by CadoAzazel, 12 April 2017 - 06:04 PM.

#24 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

All huntsmen and Nova have jj's if I mistake not. Not a problem for me really, just seems odd. In any case, sounds like a fun silly event! Love you guys!

#25 Steelcry6

Rookie

• The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

Soooo does the Executioner count for JJ you can't even take them off but it is not listed. I'm just a bit confused about that.

#26 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

DWF-S is the variant with jump jets and as far as I know the only variant with jump jets in the two torso pods.

#27 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

So what are those extra rewards? If you know then PM me.

#28 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

the urban mech should be the official mech of April

Edited by Windscape, 12 April 2017 - 09:50 PM.

#29 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 12 April 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

So what are those extra rewards? If you know then PM me.

It hasn't started yet so we don't know but I'm with you, I want to know.

I'm kind of hoping that it's an Easter Egg camo paint job for all of my mechs, kind of like what the Urbie in the splash picture for the event looks like.

#30 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:25 PM

I love how much of these challenges I can attempt using a single chassis that I still need to level (Supernova). Oh wait, I just bought MAD-IICs too! Bonus!

#31 Skybirduk

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:10 AM

Writing code to detect if a non Omnimech has a jump jet attached was probably easy, as it is an item that can be equipped.

However, for Omnimechs, you would have to check for every Omnipod that has a Jump Jet as part of its setup. I can only think that this was going to take too much time and effort for them to do...

#32 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:25 AM

Okay, let's see... I really like the idea for the Easter Challenge Event, and it even looks like there is appropriate time allocated for the Event to be played through. Personally, I think I'll be out on the battlefield, trying to collect the rewards for effort well done. But, I thoroughly do NOT like how I'm already seeing bugs creep in, even before an Event can start. I'm sadly already sour after the failures with the Loot Bags back in March, as well as how somebody thought it was a fun idea earlier this month of April to shove UrbanMechs down everyone's collective throats. (I actually had to pick an Urbie up in order to finish, even as much as they don't work with my piloting styles. I was grumpy the whole time!) <_<

Hey, PGI... Please take into account Mechs with OmniPods in this Event, and provide provisions for those Mechs that could have Jump Jets on ANY of Five Components? Pilots with their Custom Loadouts should NEVER be shorted for trying to do something that varies from Stock Mech Loadouts. Please don't seem lazy like this other person and their quote suggest you are...

View PostSkybirduk, on 13 April 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

However, for Omnimechs, you would have to check for every Omnipod that has a Jump Jet as part of its setup. I can only think that this was going to take too much time and effort for them to do...
...and make sure there's both no bugs, plus everything is fully checked for! If you have to, delay the Event a full week, and launch it AFTER the next Monthly Patch is done... I really would not mind, and I'm sure everyone will be happy to have a Bug-Free Event! :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Giving voice to the worst concerns... Program bugs in this Event are unwanted." Devnull

#33 MickaStarkiller

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:32 AM

Egg Hunt Launch a UAV and get a minimum match score of 80 in a total of 10 matches 0 of 10
Easter Egg in a Basket and 800,000 C-Bills

Hold on do u guys know we only get 400k cbills for that now cause u spend 400k cbills on UAV's in this...

Edited by MickaStarkiller, 13 April 2017 - 12:32 AM.

#34 Kojak Bear

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

The Huntsman is a Chicken Walker AND has Jump Jets... But is not listed on either categories!

#35 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:36 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 12 April 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

We've added the missing Chicken Walker 'Mechs to the list, thanks for reporting!

And yes, if it is a Chicken Walker and a JJ Mech, it will count for both.

And another note, the Jump Jets 'Mech list is not fully correct, we're working on fixing, please hold!

Thanks. It is nice to know my Timber Wolf S "Bunny" may count for that.

#36 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

Thanks PGI, looks like some great fun !

Freebies are always welcome :)

#37 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:49 AM

PLEASE CONFIRM PGI! Is it any mech that can equip jump jets or only the mechs on the list? It seems that many are missing such as the Mist Lynx, Arctic Cheetah, Huntsman, Timber Wolf, Dire Wolf & the list goes on in every weight class. These mechs are all jump jet capable & some of them can't remove the jump jets from their centre torso.

#38 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:10 AM

View PostDoktorbike, on 13 April 2017 - 01:49 AM, said:

PLEASE CONFIRM PGI! Is it any mech that can equip jump jets or only the mechs on the list? It seems that many are missing such as the Mist Lynx, Arctic Cheetah, Huntsman, Timber Wolf, Dire Wolf & the list goes on in every weight class. These mechs are all jump jet capable & some of them can't remove the jump jets from their centre torso.

Seeing quoteables like this, I'm starting to get the awful feeling that whoever designed and/or programmed this Easter Challenge Event is trying to alienate anyone who ever touched a Clan Mech/Faction. Frankly, I hope they prove me wrong on that sentiment, and that they fix the situation before they allow the Event to launch, or MWO is virtually doomed to self-destruction. This game would never stand such a huge exodus from their remaining player base. -_-

~D. V. "I hope to NOT find I am a prophet." Devnull

#39 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:10 AM

Haha,

thats what i call an funny Event.

Lets hop around Boys and Girls, get thoose Eggs Posted Image

#40 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:13 AM

Jenner IIC is on the Chicken Walker list but Jenner is not, is there a reason for this or is it an oversight?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users