Cannot Run The Game Anymore

11 replies to this topic

#1 Vladokapuh

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:32 AM

Didnt really find proper technical section, but since last patches, i cannot run the game.
MWOClient starts, takes ~25% cpu, but less than 4MB of ram, and simply wont start or show anything.
I made full reinstall of the game using new patcher, i removed settings and configs, all the MWO files from my documents, disabled antivirus and pretty much evrything else that could be interfering...
I tried running both 32bit and 64bit client, tried running it with admin rights, in compatibility modes, using integrated intel HD card, dedicated nvidia card, from another user account...
I am out of ideas, i dont know how to fix it, it simply wont run

Edited by V8h, 13 April 2017 - 12:33 AM.

#2 Metallic Helium

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:46 AM

Are you running an antivirus or firewall like Comodo? Comodo just did an update that seemed to have made mechwarrior stuck while loading the same way you described. It would be in Processes, using resources but nothing would ever load. I got some help and you have to go into advanced protection > miscellaneous > exclusions link (under detect shellcode injections *)and add an exception for mwoclient.exe.

I was just running the firewall alone at the time and it still did it. But other software may have had a similar update.

This may be the case with similar antivirus/firewall, so look in advanced exclusions. Just a shot in the dark.

Edited by Rogori, 13 April 2017 - 12:52 AM.

#3 Vladokapuh

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:29 AM

I actually am using Comodo, i however added those exclusions arleady, then even disabled it entirely (shut down all of its processes through task manager), i checked windows firewall (disabled), windows defender (also disabled).
No difference.

edit: nevermind, ran it in sandbox, and that somehow made it run out of sandbox too. This is wierd though

Edited by V8h, 13 April 2017 - 01:34 AM.

#4 Metallic Helium

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:46 AM

So did you get it fixed? I thought I had completely allowed it everywhere. Unquarantined, Unisolated, everything. It was that last thing that fixed it. This started like last Friday.

Check that little widget that comodo has, it has a container and unrecognized section that may be overlooked.

Also, make sure you close mwoclient in task manager before you try again.

#5 Vladokapuh

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:48 AM

Yeah, something made it work. I was gone for like a month so hard to say when it broke.
I did check the unrecognized section, and i do close it evry time it fails to run.

Well, it works for now, i wont mind why for as long as it doesnt stop xd

#6 Metallic Helium

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:50 AM

Great!

#7 - Pestilence -

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostRogori, on 13 April 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

Are you running an antivirus or firewall like Comodo? Comodo just did an update that seemed to have made mechwarrior stuck while loading the same way you described. It would be in Processes, using resources but nothing would ever load. I got some help and you have to go into advanced protection > miscellaneous > exclusions link (under detect shellcode injections *)and add an exception for mwoclient.exe.

I was just running the firewall alone at the time and it still did it. But other software may have had a similar update.

This may be the case with similar antivirus/firewall, so look in advanced exclusions. Just a shot in the dark.

I love you ;)
I knew it has something to do with Comodo, excluded Mechwarrior everywhere but not the location you said. Now everything is ok.
Thank you.

#8 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:16 PM

Thanks to Carl Tabot and Rogori!

I knew it was a Firewall-Problem because I couldn't start after an firewall update. But the update of the firewall crashed so I wasn't sure if it was because of the crash or because of the update itself.

I gave all .exe in the mwo-folder permission to access the internet.
Even reinstalled firewall and mwo.

So just wanted to say thank you.

#9 Metallic Helium

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for the thanks :) I'm glad it helped.

#10 Taj

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 153 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLodz, Poland

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostRogori, on 13 April 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

Are you running an antivirus or firewall like Comodo? (...) I got some help and you have to go into advanced protection > miscellaneous > exclusions link (under detect shellcode injections *)and add an exception for mwoclient.exe.

+1 :)

#11 Spagb0ls

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 64 posts
  • LocationLeeds YORKSHIRE

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:51 AM

Awesome thx, i just had the same issue after coming back to the game - Comodo being overly protective!

Edited by Spagb0ls, 16 May 2017 - 05:52 AM.

#12 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:52 AM

Thanks guys, been scratching my head why MWO wasn't working anymore!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users