• 393 posts
  • LocationWAYup

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:00 AM

LOL

#22 mesmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

Tonight it's fixed again. 2 hrs of conquest with respawns! Thanks!

#23 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:04 AM

View Postmesmer, on 18 April 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

Fixed again! We got two hours of skirmish with respawns last night.

Thanks!

Then you can keep on disconnecting intentionally because the match or map does not go your way again or still.

When your own side is reporting you you know you are doing good. Keep it up.

#24 mesmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:01 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 19 April 2017 - 04:04 AM, said:

Then you can keep on disconnecting intentionally because the match or map does not go your way again or still.

When your own side is reporting you you know you are doing good. Keep it up.

Despite your lies, know that mom still loves you.

#25 mesmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

Great news! It's fixed AGAIN! Tonight was 2 hours of conquest. This is getting so good!

#26 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 April 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

Come again?

If we win the vast majority of our games, yet other teams (probably LRM PUGLords) lose theirs... Logically it'll be stuck in the same mode almost eternally. Sometimes when playing we will rush domination games and end them in 10mins, it's still not enough. My WLR, and Mesmer's, would suggest we know how to play the game.

Perma siege is in your grasp. If you can't get there you aren't winning anywhere near enough. Of course as mercs you should only care about the payday not the where. Seeing as you have some strange obsession with your faction winning through to siege perhaps it is time to put down some roots. If PUGs on your own team is your problem then coordinating and building that factions community may be your best answer. Actually build the community and get your team in this team game on the same page. Perhaps instead of mocking threads trying to call players together you might make serious attempts of your own.

However good you may be in individual matches it is clear, seeing as you get mired in certain game modes, that when it comes to FW you still need to git gud.

Edited by Karl Marlow, 19 April 2017 - 06:43 PM.

#27 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

Easiest fix for this in FW I could imagine ?

We´ve got those "advancement zones" on either side of the middle, aye ?

Up to now one of those represented one gamemode only .

My proposition is to include each of the gamemodes inside FW ( the whole progression from Skirmish onwards up to Siege) and squeeze them into one of those "advancement zones" .

What you would get is this : Skirmish-Domination-Conquest-Assault-Siege inside one of those "advancement zones" until the bar is filled to either side .

So, to compare :
Gameflow now : Skirmish win, Skirmish win, Skirmish win, Skirmish win until "zone" is full, then next gamemode

Gameflow "propositioned" : Skirmish win, Domination win, Conquest win, Assault win, Siege win = full zone, then next segment of tug-of-war-scale

The tug of war would stay the same, but the variance of gamemodes would we quite bigger is what my guess is .

Discuss ...

Edited by The Shortbus, 19 April 2017 - 07:04 PM.

#28 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

What is it with users around here lately having a total and utter disconnect between brain and fingers?

So lets break the B/S down, shall we?

View PostKarl Marlow, on 19 April 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Perma siege is in your grasp. If you can't get there you aren't winning anywhere near enough.
However good you may be in individual matches it is clear, seeing as you get mired in certain game modes, that when it comes to FW you still need to git gud.

I don't win enough? I need to Git Gud?

Don't sit there and make a dumb donkey comment about it being my playing ability, I can assure you that is nothing to do with it. How do I know?

If you'd bothered to look at the leaderboard before making a totally potato level comment, you'd know I have one of the best WLRs in the top 100, actually outside EVIL players - I have the best WLR in the top 100. My record for QP/FP is so far above average, that when compared against your well below average stats, you'd think my record was impossible. Probably why potatoes say that I "hack".

Seeing as you have some strange obsession with your faction winning through to siege perhaps it is time to put down some roots. If PUGs on your own team is your problem then coordinating and building that factions community may be your best answer. Actually build the community and get your team in this team game on the same page. Perhaps instead of mocking threads trying to call players together you might make serious attempts of your own.

I have a strange obsession with winning? I don't know about you, but I prefer winning over losing. Although I can understand you don't, given you lose far more than you win, you've just accepted it as the norm.

As for me not co-ordinating drops? Another totally disconnected comment from someone without any idea what they are talking about. I regularly sit on FRR Hub, StranaMechty, Commstart and form up teams with random people I've never played with before. There will literally be 100s of people who can back that up.

I'll go over my preferred basic strat/decks before we drop and then I'll happily drop call the match, often for 4-6hrs straight. I do more for building the community and improving pilot than you ever have. I can't help if there are a few users who are either delusionalist, hackusationalist or just plain dumb. I'll continue to call them out with facts, when they have none, just like you.

The only reason Siege does not get seen enough is the was PGI has designed FP4.1 - Fact.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 19 April 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#29 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

-snip-

I rarely way in for other people but that comment is just plain unfair in every way. Ash is one of the few people who can not only swing matches based on his piloting ability but he is also able to herd pugs well enough to get them to win 90+% of the matches he drop calls on. Even against good teams like 228.

The fact is that one of 2 things happens during the Oceanic period. Either you get 1 good team crushing all comers and march it all the way into siege or you get 1 good team and 1 bad team which cancel each other out. No one would care if you win a match then lose a match, as status quo would be expected, but when you mostly win whilst another team mostly loses it is extremely frustrating. Whats worse is when you keep winning but still lose ground. But that sometimes is just numbers working against you.

As for Ash putting down roots, not his call as the member of a large unit. But then again if PGI didn't make it so easy for Mercs in general to flip flop between sides, then FW might be in a better place in general.

I'd play with Ash and 54MR a lot more if I played clans at all but I don't for my own reasons.

#30 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

On further thought, Ash's success rate and leadership ability is good enough that if he actually stayed on one side for too long he would likely kill off what little of the opposition that turns up, permanently.

At least whilst playing both sides he gives pugs an equal chance of winning or losing every week or two.

Oceanic TZ is a glimpse into the future of MWO and FP. Every issue to do with low population is magnified 10 fold. It has been my belief for sometime that any unit with a modicum of competency and a care factor slightly above zero could completely dominate the Oceanic TZ FP scene. The reality is that very few people care. When 228 get on or when Ash gets a team together, very few matches don't go their way. Which proves my point. The only problem is no unit or group of units has enough people to sustain the momentum needed to win OTZ 7 hours a day, every day. Which is what it takes to win the minimum 13-15 matches necessary to even have a chance at taking the TZ.

#31 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:09 PM

Thanks mate :)

Problem with Oceanic is it "starts" at 4PM, most people are working, US people are getting into bed. So the first 3hrs of the cycle are dead.

So after that you get a team, even of 4 people, and you win 48-20 2-3 games in a row. Farming MadVet & Co who just hide in the dropzones all game and then sook about pre-mades when they are in a pre-made themself... The other side then stop playing all together and you end up with 4-5 ghost drops and people give up.

Even if you did have 2 x 6-8mans running around in Oceanic to take a cycle, you can't because it's just ghosts and people get sick of them. Then in the dying hour the EU guys log on in force and depending on who is on what side, 3 wins in the last hour and you've basically set fire to 4-5hrs of effort/time.

It's, annoying.

#32 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:37 PM

Agree with everything you are saying. As much as I would have liked to see my unit (or yours) running around stomping everything in sight and with a swag of planets under our belts, I am realistic enough to realize that unless there is a team on the other side to at least put up a fight then you are just succeeding yourself to ghost drops and no fun at all. I watched the 12man only group queue die in Oceanic for this exact reason. If one team dominates, everyone else gives up which equals no games at all.

I am undecided as to whether Oceanic needs to go altogether (making 2 12 hour ceasefires) or it just needs to be made smaller, running from around 7pm AEST to 12 or there about's with a proportionately smaller number of games needed to be won. It's been this way since CW started, the amount of work required by 1 or 2 dedicated teams is just too much commitment for most people, making it a complete exercise in futility, which is why a lot of people just wont play.

Maybe breaking each TZ up into 2 hour rounds for each planet each with it's own tug of war, Play through and win 4-5 matches on a planet, hold until time is up and then move onto the next planet, would work better. It would stop this whole work for 7 hours only to lose everything in the last 5 minutes problem because the sun just came up (or went down rather ) in another part of the world. It would also be easier to move modes than it is now when its a stalemate.

#33 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:05 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 April 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

What is it with users around here lately having a total and utter disconnect between brain and fingers?

So lets break the B/S down, shall we?

Yes, Let's

I don't win enough? I need to Git Gud?

Don't sit there and make a dumb donkey comment about it being my playing ability, I can assure you that is nothing to do with it. How do I know?

If you'd bothered to look at the leaderboard before making a totally potato level comment, you'd know I have one of the best WLRs in the top 100, actually outside EVIL players - I have the best WLR in the top 100. My record for QP/FP is so far above average, that when compared against your well below average stats, you'd think my record was impossible. Probably why potatoes say that I "hack".

Setting aside the humor of you and Mesmer claiming your teams, on opposite sides, win all matches and the needle doesn't move. I never questioned your personal abilities. In fact I very specifically said it wasn't about your personal abilities. I know you and your units are good pilots. I've fought you before. your individual stats just don't matter in this discussion. I don't care if your are the number one pilots and are beating the second place pilot by a multiple of 5 your team isn't winning enough. I don't care if Lu Bu himself is striding onto the field your team isn't winning enough. I don't care if the 54th Mechanized Regiment winning every single match withing 5 minutes of the start. Your team isn't winning enough.

How do I know? Because you are sitting here bitching about the needle not moving for hours. I don't need to look at a leader board to figure out your team is only winning around 50% of your matches. All I need is basic understanding of how FW works. Despite Slide's claim that you would single handed swing the bar should you settle down that does not appear to be the case considering your discontent over a needle not moving. At least It's not the case just by your might of arms alone. I would imagine given the stalemates despite your victories is what keeps teh needle from moving the other way.

As for me not co-ordinating drops? Another totally disconnected comment from someone without any idea what they are talking about. I regularly sit on FRR Hub, StranaMechty, Commstart and form up teams with random people I've never played with before. There will literally be 100s of people who can back that up.

I'll go over my preferred basic strat/decks before we drop and then I'll happily drop call the match, often for 4-6hrs straight. I do more for building the community and improving pilot than you ever have. I can't help if there are a few users who are either delusionalist, hackusationalist or just plain dumb. I'll continue to call them out with facts, when they have none, just like you.

I have no doubt you do coordinate well. Slide here is backing it up. I've fought your unit and seen your coordinate in game. The problem isn't the people on Strana mechty or the FRR hub. By your own admission the problem is "yet other teams (probably LRM PUGLords) lose theirs." Puglandia is where they need leadership and community building. Not the people who already know what the heck to do.

Don't misunderstand. I am fully aware that that is hard as hell to do. Puglandia does have actual potatos and people who just will never be good. Those are a minority though. In the end solo players and units want the same thing. To win. Some solos are really good in QP but fall apart in the team play. Most players have alot of untapped potential but no one who is actually really good at this game goes out there and provides and example or leadership. Most just try to browbeat them over being potatoes or yelling at them because they brought this build or didn't perfectly follow some order a stranger barked at them.

They don't need to join units. That's intimidating in itself. Just let them be free but make the hubs feel inviting and friendly. Most hubs are that way but the pugs don't know that. They just figure they are full of elitist ******. Once they are in they will start naturally joining some coordinated groups. some might find players they like and join units. some may stay solo and that's ok as well.

Oceanic in particular, as both you and Slide have mentioned, has a player base problem. It always has had a player problem. I'm actually shocked there are any matches going on given the hours upon hours of vainly trying to find a drop during that window when I was with Marik. That was before the merging of the buckets though. The player base issue is what needs corrected. That is how you get your team to win and get your team out of it's stalemate. The Oceanic community in partucular needs to built up.

The only reason Siege does not get seen enough is the was PGI has designed FP4.1 - Fact.

Pft. Last I played we were in Siege every night. Saturday night we were in perma siege for around 3 hours. Not sure how long we were in Siege Sunday as I had to cut out early for work. Just causally glancing over the map of the inner sphere I would say the clans have managed to figure out where Siege is on the bar as well.

I have a strange obsession with winning? I don't know about you, but I prefer winning over losing. Although I can understand you don't, given you lose far more than you win, you've just accepted it as the norm.

and yes it is quite strange how a mercenary gives a crap about your team taking a planet. Even if your unit manages to tag them you don't keep them when you change sides. You pick the contracts that give the best payouts. From what I'm hearing, and I believe it, you win most of your games. Money must be flowing. I find it strange that a Merc is somehow discontent with earning lots and lots of money.

As a final aside I find it surprising someone as obsessed with leader boards and stats didn't bother to look up mine. I fully expected you to wave your epeen at me over how mediocre they are. I know you didn't look though because the one stat you chose to criticize , my W/L ratio, is actually my only fairly decent one.

#34 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:35 AM

I am surprised that the topic is only "2 hours of dumbantion last night", as generally it is pretty prevalent across most times.

In the mean time, onslaught mode in academy is a blast. More challenging then most online generally.

#35 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:28 AM

View PostKarl Marlow, on 20 April 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

You and Mesmer claiming your teams, on opposite sides, win all matches and the needle doesn't move.

It's no claim, it's fact. A WLR of 9.0 is indisputable proof I, the teams I am in, win pretty much most of them. Be that solo, small pre-made or big pre-made. Most of the time it's 4-6 people max.

I never questioned your personal abilities. In fact I very specifically said it wasn't about your personal abilities.

Uhh.... You did.

FWIW - 99% of the drops I do, are not in with my unit. It's whatever hatchet group gets put together in OC/EU zones. I play once a week FP with my unit, US Fri night (Peak) when all the other teams are out, good fun is always had.

How do I know? Because you are sitting here bitching about the needle not moving for hours. I don't need to look at a leader board to figure out your team is only winning around 50% of your matches.

You do not know. I win 90% of my matches, 54MR wins 75%.

I'd suggest you do go and look at the leader board, do some basic maths and you'll see, your statement is incorrect.

Pft. Last I played we were in Siege every night. Saturday night we were in perma siege for around 3 hours. Not sure how long we were in Siege Sunday as I had to cut out early for work. Just causally glancing over the map of the inner sphere I would say the clans have managed to figure out where Siege is on the bar as well.

One example of a limited 160 games. Not a decent sample space. 1600 matches between Mesmer & I. Playing 10x the amount of games as you, means we have a far better idea of what is really happening.

Looking at the map all I see is stalled territory. Given IS had a win in the Fri (US) Siege the week just passed, as but one example.

and yes it is quite strange how a mercenary gives a crap about your team taking a planet. Even if your unit manages to tag them you don't keep them when you change sides.

All I need is basic understanding of how FW works.

Sorry, wrong again. You've just proven you don't have a basic understanding, again.

Since 4.1 - if you swap a IS vs Clan - you keep your planet tag. Another - fact.

As a final aside I find it surprising someone as obsessed with leader boards and stats didn't bother to look up mine. I fully expected you to wave your epeen at me over how mediocre they are. I know you didn't look though because the one stat you chose to criticize , my W/L ratio, is actually my only fairly decent one.

I'm not obsessed at all. They more often than not give you a picture of a players ability and also their understanding of the game. If you understand it, you're going to be at least competent at it.

QP stats told me enough. Avg Match Score of 130 / KDR of 0.50. Below average.

Anyone performing like that, isn't going to perform that well in FP. With a KDR of 0.60 over 48 mechs a match in FP, that is well below average for FP.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 20 April 2017 - 07:31 AM.

#36 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:33 AM

You sire, put for a very compelling counter-argument. I am impressed

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 20 April 2017 - 07:33 AM.

#37 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

What is really frustrating is ghost dropping.... and watching the tug of war slide right out of siege after your ghost drop.

True Story.

#38 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 20 April 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

You sire, put for a very compelling counter-argument. I am impressed

Pity it didn't contain anything, factual. Just a bunch of hearsay and conjecture.

Pretty much like whatever you post. No wonder you were impressed.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 20 April 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#39 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 April 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Pity it didn't contain anything, factual.

"The only reason Siege does not get seen enough is the was PGI has designed FP4.1 - Fact."

I knew something was off about you, but Now I am more convinced your not as smart as you think you are. Either that or the dictionary definition of an idiot

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 20 April 2017 - 07:43 AM.

#40 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

1. PGI redesign of FP4.1 firmly hinges upon QP modes.
2. PGI put Siege only at the end of the bar.
3. PGI only allow Siege for 20% of the bar.
4. PGI aim is to balance the population/matches via tonnage which for 4-5 days a week, is about right, so it's not just a pure planet/territory steamroll (meaning, little Siege).

If PGI designed FP4.1 with Siege counting for 50% of the bar, guess what? We'd be playing it more often.

So tell us then, he who's "ignored me", why does Siege come up so little if it has nothing to do with the above? What does it actually have to do with?

Edited by justcallme A S H, 20 April 2017 - 07:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users