Patch Notes - 1.4.111 - 18-Apr-2017

145 replies to this topic

#141 Dotdot

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:08 AM

View PostCletus the Fighting Fetus, on 22 April 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

3) The more mechs you own, the harder it will be for you when big changes occur. Less is more. It's easier to make adjustments to mechs based on gameplay changes when you have 12 mechs than it is when you have 120. For instance, when the new skill tree comes out, you will have to refit your mech modules as the modules you purchased will no longer exist. Easier done when you have less mechs.

Well, that is the gist of the whole argument. PGI designed module system, which enabled people to have many mechs sharing those. When one feel like having certain build he could just swap modules and weapons. With new tree:
- above will not be possible without CBills/$
- all experimentation will be much slower, since it will cost more.
- retrofitting mech will be not only slower but monetized, another micro transaction
- having similar builds with swapable omnis and modules will no longer be available - or at least will cost to switch to another build.
- every change will bill you...

In essence, PGI "sold" mechs/game etc with certain system and than came to conclusion - we can milk them more and make them grind more, lets toss it all out, let them fight with skill tree. Not only that, PGI sold mechs for money with quirks and now it will most likely strip those from said mechs(?).

#142 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

View PostDotdot, on 22 April 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

[...]
Not only that, PGI sold mechs for money with quirks and now it will most likely strip those from said mechs(?).

To be fair, the early adopter pre-orders were all made before quirks were released. I can honestly say I've never pre-ordered because of the quirks. Also, any mech in the game (cash-only or not) is subject to balance passes. There is 100% no issue with quirks being removed from any mech.

Lastly, the quirk removal *might* be temporary. There are several forum goers who suspect the quirks are only being cleaned to give balancing mechs a fresh start under the skill tree system. To my knowledge, this is only a rumor with no official statement.

I have no problems with the rest of your post, however.

#143 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:54 AM

Well, that is the gist of the whole argument. PGI designed module system, which enabled people to have many mechs sharing those. When one feel like having certain build he could just swap modules and weapons. With new tree:
- retrofitting mech will be not only slower but monetized, another micro transaction
- having similar builds with swapable omnis and modules will no longer be available - or at least will cost to switch to another build.

In essence, PGI "sold" mechs/game etc with certain system and than came to conclusion - we can milk them more and make them grind more, lets toss it all out, let them fight with skill tree. Not only that, PGI sold mechs for money with quirks and now it will most likely strip those from said mechs(?).

Which micro-transaction as its xp/c-bills not real life currency surely?

#144 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

View PostAramuside, on 28 April 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

Which micro-transaction as its xp/c-bills not real life currency surely?

When you purchase a skill with cbills & xp(both are free, you only have to play) you retain that skill point even when you remove it so it can be put back onto the mech at any time. Yes 'buying' all the skill points available to a mech will cost a lot but they will always be available to use, just like the modules are now & will in the end cost less than buying modules for every build you wish to try.

#145 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

When are we getting the May patch notes? I need to know roughly how many modules I'm going to want to sell before tomorrow.

#146 Jalthibuster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

View Postmycroft000, on 15 May 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

When are we getting the May patch notes? I need to know roughly how many modules I'm going to want to sell before tomorrow.

They said on monday. On Samoa it's still monday for 10 hours and 39 minutes. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users