Cause Inconvenience Freelance Players Is Always Funny...

19 replies to this topic

#1 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:55 AM

Disclaimer: This doesn't affect me, cause I am in an established unit. But, I do want to speak out for the few friends that will be affected from this change.

-----------------

First... !@#$!@#$ YOU STUPID PIECE OF !@#$!@#$!@ F!@# YOU !@#$!@#$!@

Ok, now that's out of the way, why is it that you guys fee like inconveniencing player is fun? At this point of the game, does it really make sense to make movement and choosing how and when to play the game more difficult?

I admit that having a one-man unit disband is not intended. But it allows a lot of free lance pilots that don't owe allegiance and don't WANT to owe allegiance to any units the freedom to play with all of his friends. Frankly, it's one of the best mistake you guys have ever made.

But nah... let's just take that away cause... no one ask you to.

You know what's screwed up in all of this? It's that you guys never figured out how to properly incentivize in choosing a proper career path. Maybe because you guys don't have amigos (sorry, potentially racist, I know...) in Canada, but those day workers gathering around Home Depot... they DO NOT OWE allegiance to Home Depot. They are free to take part-time job from people walking out of Home Depot OR contract for a short job by Ted of Lexington Height.

As a result, there is less guarantee on both parties (contractor and contractee) that the work is going to be good, but as a trade off, the hiring cost is way less.

That's the real world.

In your world, Loyalist, Mercenaries, Freelancers... all same payout. Now, if you are freelancers, you must either wait for the stupid Call to Arm, can't play with friends, and/or join a temporary Mercenary unit and be tied down for 7 useless days.

I honestly don't see how this is so hard of a concept to implement.

Loyalists get contract bonuses.
Mercenaries get contract bonuses, but less than loyalists.
Freelancers get standard pay.

Like, that's literally it. There is no fancy math, fancy balancing, or fancy configuration required to figure this out. You guys literally just want to make shat all complicated for no reason.

Take last year's prelim round for example, rather than just taking real life example on major events like World Baseball Classic... hundreds of nations, 8 finalists... how did they do that without playing hundreds of games like you guys? You guys figured, "Well, we are just going to do things our ways without consideration for anyone involved."

The end result, multiple units broken up. Faction plays went to shat. Population dropped. So yea, great call there.

My point, I don't understand why some of the simplest things must be this complicated when you get your hands on it.

Ok, say we don't do what logic suggests and incentivize players from take a particular contract. You guys know in real world, there are more than 1 type of contract, right? Why can't you guys allow free lancers then to take temporary contract that might be 1 or 2 hours (about the time of an average game session) and that's it? Why does it have to be arbitrarily 7 days? (Hell, even battle contracts... contract that last only 1 battle... like the day-worker example... you guys know those exist, right?)

Have you guys ever been outside and work in the real world? Why does everything must be so restrictive with you guys? A lot of changes that player request I can fully understand that due to shortage of programmers, you can't implement. I get that.

But this is not it. This is just a **** move on your part.

Edited by razenWing, 14 April 2017 - 04:02 AM.

#2 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:02 AM

Posted Image

Nuff said.

Lets see how many people will now show up to tell you how PGI listens to your feedback ... lol

#3 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:03 AM

Soooo...something about "one-man unit disband" and faction play career incentives being lacking. I think I kinda follow...maybe?

Hmm...

Nope.

Nope, I have no idea what you are going on about. Is this something in the latest patch notes or something?

Gimmie a cite, or a link or whatever so that I too may become educated on this issue (whatever it may be) and then join in your righteous indignation (or not).

EDIT: I may be missing the forest for the trees and you are just complaining about the status quo. I gave up on Faction Play (mostly) after phase 3 dropped.

Edited by Bud Crue, 14 April 2017 - 04:07 AM.

#4 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 14 April 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

Soooo...something about "one-man unit disband" and faction play career incentives being lacking. I think I kinda follow...maybe?

Hmm...

Nope.

Nope, I have no idea what you are going on about. Is this something in the latest patch notes or something?

Gimmie a cite, or a link or whatever so that I too may become educated on this issue (whatever it may be) and then join in your righteous indignation (or not).

"• Faction Play (Mercenary Career): Fixed a loophole whereby Mercenary Pilots could bypass intended Contract restrictions by hopping between sub-Units operated by the same over-arching Unit population or command structure, yet contracted to different Factions. For example, Unit ABC is Contracted to Liao, but operates sub-Units ABC1, ABC2, and ABC3, all of which are Contracted to different Factions. We are making these changes to address active 'gaming' of the Contract system.
Under the previous system, leaving, being ejected from, or Disbanding a Unit would clear out the current Contract for the player and make them a Freelancer. Under the new system the current player Contract will remain in place after leaving, being ejected from, or Disbanding a Unit. That Contract must expire as normal before the player can accept a new Contract, create a new Unit, or join any existing Unit, even if the Unit is currently operating a Contract with the same Faction."

https://mwomercs.com...14111-18apr2017

#5 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:09 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 14 April 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

Hmm...

Nope.

EDIT: I may be missing the forest for the trees and you are just complaining about the status quo. I gave up on Faction Play (mostly) after phase 3 dropped.

Unless they mean fixing this exploit;

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 13 April 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Faction Play (Mercenary Career): Fixed a loophole whereby Mercenary Pilots could bypass intended Contract restrictions by hopping between sub-Units operated by the same over-arching Unit population or command structure, yet contracted to different Factions. For example, Unit ABC is Contracted to Liao, but operates sub-Units ABC1, ABC2, and ABC3, all of which are Contracted to different Factions. We are making these changes to address active 'gaming' of the Contract system.

Under the previous system, leaving, being ejected from, or Disbanding a Unit would clear out the current Contract for the player and make them a Freelancer. Under the new system the current player Contract will remain in place after leaving, being ejected from, or Disbanding a Unit. That Contract must expire as normal before the player can accept a new Contract, create a new Unit, or join any existing Unit, even if the Unit is currently operating a Contract with the same Faction.

Then I have no idea Posted Image

[Edit] So, yeah, they're mad at PGI for fixing an exploit. Go figure. [/Edit]

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 14 April 2017 - 04:10 AM.

#6 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:13 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 14 April 2017 - 04:09 AM, said:

Unless they mean fixing this exploit;

Then I have no idea Posted Image

[Edit] So, yeah, they're mad at PGI for fixing an exploit. Go figure. [/Edit]

They? I am 5 people now? Anyways, I never denied that it's not an exploit. But it's a good mistake. And honestly, who the f cares if Bob can play with all of his friends?

Do you care?

And if you do, you need to get your head out of some people's @sses and mind your own business.

#7 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:14 AM

Thanks Razen. Got it.

PGI's obsession with harming or at least limiting group play in a game mode about group play has always boggled my mind, particularly when the mode can't maintain a population because PGI keeps dis-incentivizing playing as a group...and then they will say "hey we need a round table to figure out why no one plays the mode."

Yeah. Boggled.

Edited by Bud Crue, 14 April 2017 - 04:17 AM.

#8 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:18 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 14 April 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

They? I am 5 people now? Anyways, I never denied that it's not an exploit. But it's a good mistake. And honestly, who the f cares if Bob can play with all of his friends?

Do you care?

And if you do, you need to get your head out of some people's @sses and mind your own business.

"They" instead of he/she/whatever-else. Chillax.

You don't care if Bob can play with his friends. I don't care if they fix the exploit. Apparently, neither of us care. Thread closed, GG.

Wait... if I *do* care, I need to get my head out of someone's ****** and mind my own business? This was a forum, last time I checked. Don't like it? Delete the thread and find a safe space to cry in.

Seriously, these snowflakes...

#9 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:28 AM

Group queue and private matches are there for playing with your friends how you see fit, FW has more tightly bound rules so you just have to deal with that if that is how you want to experience play.

#10 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:35 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 14 April 2017 - 04:28 AM, said:

Group queue and private matches are there for playing with your friends how you see fit, FW has more tightly bound rules so you just have to deal with that if that is how you want to experience play.

Nope. GAME is there for playing with your friends how you see fit... PERIOD. There are no exclusive contents in the game. Faction Play is not a VIP content accessible by an exclusive bunch. There is no entrance exam. There is no entrance fee. There is no requirement.

Maybe you are confusing MRBC with Faction Play.

Self imposed limit is not a real limit.

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 14 April 2017 - 04:18 AM, said:

"They" instead of he/she/whatever-else. Chillax.

You don't care if Bob can play with his friends. I don't care if they fix the exploit. Apparently, neither of us care. Thread closed, GG.

Wait... if I *do* care, I need to get my head out of someone's ****** and mind my own business? This was a forum, last time I checked. Don't like it? Delete the thread and find a safe space to cry in.

Seriously, these snowflakes...

LAWLz, no I am saying you need to get your head out of people's @sses if you just want to cap Bob's right to play. No one is saying that you can't have an opinion about anything. Learn to read.

Also, if you don't care, why you posting? Find another thread to cry on, these snowflakes...

#11 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:10 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 14 April 2017 - 04:35 AM, said:

LAWLz, no I am saying you need to get your head out of people's @sses if you just want to cap Bob's right to play. No one is saying that you can't have an opinion about anything. Learn to read.

Also, if you don't care, why you posting? Find another thread to cry on, these snowflakes...

I don't want to inhibit Bob, but if PGI does, I don't care.

Yes, because telling me to "mind my own business" is in no way telling me you don't want to hear my opinion. Learn to converse.

I was answering a question from somebody else, then you got all upset and started having a tantrum. Do you need a nap?

#12 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:47 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 14 April 2017 - 04:35 AM, said:

You post in THE most popular area of the Forums in a manner that makes zero point and you expect everyone to support you.
You are in the wrong place on the Internet.

#13 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:41 AM

I dont see the problem with merc units faction hopping, PGI fixing the Active population %'s for each faction by not including loyalists who havent logged in in months or played since phase 3 launched is a lot bigger issue than 2 or 3 groups of 12 blokes playing both sides.

#14 Merlin Kell

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

It's a war pick a side

#15 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,767 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:55 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 14 April 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

"hey we need a round table to figure out why no one plays the mode."

The worst part about that round table is it was about fixing FW for FW players, not fixing FW for non-FW players to become FW players.

#16 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:04 AM

i dont think this is a problem,
it was an exploit used my Unit Players to Game/Cheat the System,
now it no longer exists, it was a problem enough to be talked about in Faction Forums, and now Fixed by PGI,

this isnt about Inconvenience Freelance Players, it was not working as intended,
it was an exploit that allowed players to gain an advantage in the form of time, vs others who had to wait,
so to make things fair for all they fixed the Exploit, and with it players can no longer game said system,

if a COD style game was released and it featured a No-Scoping Exploit,
where a player quickly zooming in and firing to get the advantage of Auto Aim & Better accuracy where unintended,
if the Developers Patch out the Exploit so it can no longer be used its because its a problem,
in this case the(less Skilled Players will Suffer) defense doesnt work,

#17 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:30 AM

i read only the first couple of paragraphs OP, and have no idea what you are talking about?

#18 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 14 April 2017 - 04:02 AM, said:

Posted Image

Nuff said.

Lets see how many people will now show up to tell you how PGI listens to your feedback ... lol

PGI is wonderful about listening to your feedback...
If you get on twitter and tweet about it in 130 characters or l...

Damn, I ran out of space.

Edited by Koniving, 14 April 2017 - 07:34 AM.

#19 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:35 AM

What an incoherent mess. I can't follow anything that was posted. What is the nature of the grievance?

#20 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

View PostCoolant, on 14 April 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

i read only the first couple of paragraphs OP, and have no idea what you are talking about?

View PostSpheroid, on 14 April 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

What an incoherent mess. I can't follow anything that was posted. What is the nature of the grievance?

They meant this being fixed

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 13 April 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Faction Play (Mercenary Career): Fixed a loophole whereby Mercenary Pilots could bypass intended Contract restrictions by hopping between sub-Units operated by the same over-arching Unit population or command structure, yet contracted to different Factions. For example, Unit ABC is Contracted to Liao, but operates sub-Units ABC1, ABC2, and ABC3, all of which are Contracted to different Factions. We are making these changes to address active 'gaming' of the Contract system.

Under the previous system, leaving, being ejected from, or Disbanding a Unit would clear out the current Contract for the player and make them a Freelancer. Under the new system the current player Contract will remain in place after leaving, being ejected from, or Disbanding a Unit. That Contract must expire as normal before the player can accept a new Contract, create a new Unit, or join any existing Unit, even if the Unit is currently operating a Contract with the same Faction.

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 14 April 2017 - 07:48 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users