#341 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:53 AM

MM is broken because we cannot place cbill bets on Solaris matches!

I cannot explain why succinctly, but it is similar to how time dilatation is evidence that we live in a simulation with a central server...aka lag.

:^|

Edited by Surn, 01 November 2018 - 08:55 AM.

#342 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:41 AM

View PostLowSubmarino, on 01 November 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

Mwo is unfair by default, as at least one pilot crashes and you or team red is down one mech. Since that happens in basically every match, you cant really have balanced matches even if you leave skill out of the equation.

As such, mwo is unfair by default since pgi stoically ignores how unstable mwo runs. Has been ignroring that ever since it was released. It was unstable in closed beta, in open beta and it is still unstable now.

Honesty, if even one single member of this community buys mw5 and then comes to the mw5 forum and complains that the game is unstable and/or crashes then I will mock you. Ill literally mock you because it is your own fault.

Look at mwo.

That is what you will get in mw5 as well.

Itll crash all the time and they wont ever fix it.

You've answered your own question and yes i agree with you i have very little faith in MW5 purely because of PGI's track record here.

That being said i thin the game reached it's peak around 2015 ish and they've all but stopped development work on this game now. There has hardly been any meaningful progress in the last 8-12 months. It's clearly obvious that they're spending 90% of their time on MW5 and why wouldn't they.

#343 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:35 PM

Was thinking about a metaphor to explain how the quick play queues 'feel' sometimes, and suddenly my mind raced back to my Saturday morning cartoon watching days to this:

I'll explain it:

Open Scene: See the apparent disinterest of the Dev team in the public queues embodied by a yawning Porky Pig.

Main body of the scene we see ourselves, embodied by Robin Hood Daffy, enthusiastically swinging into matches, "Yoiks and away!", then repeatedly, smashing into "potato trees."

Closing scene: We see ourselves, frustrated, doing something extreme to try and resolve this issue (trying to call the drop, piloting an extreme 'mech of some sort, etc., chopping down the "potato trees" in our way, but ultimately smashing into the immovable potato wall.

The little vignette closes as Paul rides by with all his 'mech pack money...

I laugh every time I think about it now...

Once I acquire a quality copy of this, I swear to god I'm going to edit it appropriately...

Edited by Dimento Graven, 29 November 2018 - 01:36 PM.

#344 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:12 PM

View PostBlaizerP, on 17 October 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

I agree the mm is completely random.

For some more fun anecdata I played a match the other day with SlippnGriff and Magic Pain Glove on the same team vs noone else I recognized (and I play at the same time most days, I know who's bringing a big stick). Both about as ruthless as you will find in solo....why are they on the same team?

Nearly 80% of my games last week were like this. Every match there will be 3-4 potatoes who would die with less than 100 dmg output. The only way to get any win rates was to put on a potato build myself with like 100 alpha to blow off some competition before evening the odds. I had a game where i had to 4 solo kills + 2 kmdd, and still lost.

The remaining 20% of games, the 4 potatoes were on the opposing team. Could guess it was 12-0 to 12-3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users