Bad Judgment

2 replies to this topic

#1 DetroitRockFan

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:32 AM

I am new to MechWarrior Online, but I used all 3 MechWarrior II, MechWarrior III, except Pirate's Cove and all 3 MechWarrior IV. I am aware of Mech Commanders, too. So far, what I don't like is getting blamed for disconnects. I am judged as having used too much friendly fire, etc. Is not Battle Tech aware that the time events between server and users takes between 1 to 2 minutes. I play a different Role Playing, RTSim with Multi Players Online game that demonstrates this difference. I have been disconnected during an FPS event at least once. I have had screed freezes that did not end up in disconnects about a half dozen times. I have beed disconnected before landing on the drop zone about a half dozen times. Most recent, the game I just played I was screen froze so long that, Battle Tech judged it as a 2 minutes delay and I didn't get any rewards. Is this reaction from Battle Tech going to inspire to spend money on this game yet? Make your self aware of what happens thousands of miles away from your serversPosted Image .

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

your ping is the time it takes information to get from your computer to the server and back, this time is measured in miliseconds, as in my average of about 40 to the Europeian server works out as a twenty fith of a second.

unless you were getting pings of 120,000 your ping time is less than 2 minutes.

if you get a 2 minute penalty that means you have received 2 penalties, the first is 10 seconds.

I know the iritation of being unable to connect to the game server, 1 evening about a year ago I was unable to connect to the euro server, by the time I realised it was only NA games I could connect to I had racked up a 10 minute penalty. however it has only happened once in about 4.5 years.

if you are getting frequent disconnects and ping spikes, in my experiance that seems to happen if playing over wifi, if that is the case with you, I advise you to try to run a network cable from your router to the PC
if you are trying to play over 3g/4g that would also explain the problems.

#3 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,971 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

Contact support
They can sometimes help

99% of my problems went away when I went to Windows 10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users