*revised* Refunds Sort Of Ok(Not Really)

39 replies to this topic

#21 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

I'm not sure, I'll have to check it in a few minutes after I download the PTS on my laptop.

#22 S9ectre86

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

View Postmycroft000, on 25 April 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

If we had a way to convert GSP to C-Bills(Don't need XP refunded for this) I would happily take the GSP refund and use what I want, and convert the rest to C-Bills.

Does spending $550 in 1yr 4months get me into "Whale" territory?

Lol...I dunno, I suppose there are many different types of whales?

#23 Reverend Herring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:58 PM

I'm soooo happy, that I never used any of the MC-consumables I got from events and such. I think I can finaly justify buying me some colors and/or decals...

#24 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:27 PM

Trial mechs that have xp on them will have that xp available as HXP after the patch. Trial mech variants that you buy and spend the xp BEFORE the skill tree patch drops will have HSP refunded equal to the mastery level you get it to for that mech even if you sell it before the patch.

Basically you dont lose any xp or mastery level regardless of mech.

#25 Q res

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

View PostForceUser, on 25 April 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

End of the day PGI can not inject trillions of cbills into the game (without a sink) as it *will* have a huge negative impact on player numbers. This is a fact.

Apologies, but it appears you've confused "fact" with "baseless assertion", just thought I'd give you a heads up on that...

#26 Wibbledtodeath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:43 AM

SP are not a bad solution- but we need a partial refund in cbills and reduced SP refund, or as another has already said, a buyback at full value period- as full SP refunds are resulting in silly scenario's which undermine the XP grind system.

#27 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:49 AM

View PostWibbledtodeath, on 26 April 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

SP are not a bad solution- but we need a partial refund in cbills and reduced SP refund, or as another has already said, a buyback at full value period- as full SP refunds are resulting in silly scenario's which undermine the XP grind system.

But it does not undermine the current status quo cbill grind for mechs and equipment.

#28 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:31 AM

View PostShevek Anarres, on 25 April 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

<snip to remove yet another useless meme>

$ for what.

#29 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:18 AM

It's always going to upset people when pgi change what they initially said they would do (understandably).

Personally I'm better off refund wise if the current pts refund goes live than i am on the current live mwo client, previously I was a lot worse off. So as much as I would have liked more cbills ... I'm quite okay with PGI's current offer.

Edit:

Off topic:
I Would prefer the focus to shift to some of the other issues (consumables, removing offensive quirks, loss of uniqueness, clicky trees, useless skills, consumables, pointlessly low skill values, consumables... etc)

Edited by chucklesMuch, 26 April 2017 - 05:24 AM.

#30 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:51 AM

I've mapped out what will be my basic Universal Skill selections for virtually every mech I own, a few will be different, but the majority will have the exact same 87/91 Nodes.

This means that of a combined total of 20,345 HSP+GSP, I can unlock 233 Mechs based on my needs. That's not even scraping the approximately 640,000 GXP I'm getting refunded from unlocking every pilot module on the live servers.

This "Progress" refund is nice in some ways, but what's the point of spending money on the game if I can literally master every single mech I buy for a year or two without even dropping into a single match?

#31 Col Spiff

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:35 AM

i am in the same boat as mycroft000. all my mechs can unlock themselves and i will have 9267gsp sitting around waiting. to me the gsp doesnt have the same value as cbills.

#32 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostQ res, on 26 April 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

Apologies, but it appears you've confused "fact" with "baseless assertion", just thought I'd give you a heads up on that...

Well Russ himself said there is no way they're going to just inject trillions of cbills into the players accounts without something to soak them up. So no...its not "baseless assertion" when the head of the company says it.

View PostCol Spiff, on 26 April 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

i am in the same boat as mycroft000. all my mechs can unlock themselves and i will have 9267gsp sitting around waiting. to me the gsp doesnt have the same value as cbills.

I'm in the 8000s range of GSP. Its enough to insta-master my next 89 mechs I purchase. I am fine with that.

#33 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:36 AM

So I'm good to master the next 150 mechs I purchase, but I won't have any c-bills to make those purchases, I'd rather have a reasonable refund of c-bills(50% of what I spent would be fine if they want to provide a 50/50 refund of GSP and C-Bills.

#34 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

View PostForceUser, on 25 April 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

End of the day PGI can not inject trillions of cbills into the game (without a sink) as it *will* have a huge negative impact on player numbers. This is a fact.

i HIGHLY disagree here since i thin its the complete opposite
WHY would it change anything to keep the old refund system or giving us the option to choose?
the cbills are in the game anyways, either in form of mechs or in form of modules. but they ARE in the game. with the currentchange they are just DELETING the money we grinded for ages for those modules. but the money for mechs?
what would you do if they say "we take your mechs and give you gsp for them"
ofc its not the same, but thats exactly what they do with modules atm.

I will get about 46000 GSP instead of 2 BILLION Cbills, which is (taking xp on already owned mechs into account) enough to FULLY unlock everything on EVERY mech that will EVER get into the game instantly (i'm talking about 300+ mechs i can fully unlock here(242 nodes).

This leads to the fact that i can instantly level everything as soon as its ingame, which gives me a high advantage over everyone who has to grind for those xp

On the other side, i dont get any money (since i get gsp instead), so i cant buy any new mechs/equipment to even think about spending those gsp, making them completely useless for me and getting me to a point where i am seriously considering to quit the game after playing it since day one of closed beta and spending thousands of dollars over the years.

Now dont tell me "hey, but you can level everything instantly now". i cant buy new mechs, weapons or engines with silly GSP, i buy stuff with CBILLS, i SKILL stuff with CBills AS NEEDED, and not with more GSP i could ever possibly spend in my lifetime.

while on the other side people who spend money on mechs instead of modules dont have any issues. they get less gsp, BUT they have WAY more mechs AND xp on those to level them right after the patch goes life

The thing is, people who bought mechs get rewarded. they keep their mechs and xp AND get gsp for modules.
people who bought modules get a mass of gsp they cant use, no cbills to catch up with mechs/equipment or aything. just insane amounts of gsp they can never spend.

and THIS is simply and nice put f** unfair and ********.

#35 EasyPickings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 192 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

In the current system (not the Skill Tree Public Test), you can purchase GXP by converting excess Mech XP and spending MCs to do so.

The Skill Tree Public Test doesn't take into account all of the Mech XP accumulated over and above Master status.

For example, I've got roughly 170K Mech XP on my mastered KGC-000 that will not be carried over in any way. Those MXPs are lost to me and I don't have an opportunity to convert them to any other form of XP.

Another example: I have a Banshee that was recently awarded to me. It's been basic'd, and I've accumulated around 21K of extra MXP, but I don't have two other variants to allow me to start the Elite process. In this new system, I will lose all of that accumulated MXP.

Yes, the payout appears to be generous, but it has its biases.

Perhaps PGI could devise a way to be able to salvage accumulated XP in these types of instances.

#36 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:09 PM

You actually make a really good point, If I got an injection of 700 million c-bills, I could buy over 50 new mechs, and fully load them out. But in order to buy 50 new mechs I would have to spend several thousand in MC to buy mech bays. I see no downside for PGI here.

#37 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

View Postmycroft000, on 26 April 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

You actually make a really good point, If I got an injection of 700 million c-bills, I could buy over 50 new mechs, and fully load them out. But in order to buy 50 new mechs I would have to spend several thousand in MC to buy mech bays. I see no downside for PGI here.

because there is NONE. theyre coming up with "reasons" where none are and make silly escuses for robbing us YEARS of grinding
the money is in the game either way. if i would have spend the money on mechs instead of modules i would have the mechs regardless.
simply put, all they do now is to FORCE skillpoints upon us which many cant use because the mechs they have have enough xp to level them without the gsp and in some cases we get WAY more gsp then we could ever spend

Edited by Meihru, 26 April 2017 - 01:10 PM.

#38 Dibster

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

Just let us choose between GSP and CBills, or let us sell GSP for the appropriate amount of CBills. I'll never be able to use all the GSP I'm getting from this conversion, but I could use the CBills.

#39 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

View PostEasyPickings, on 26 April 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

In the current system (not the Skill Tree Public Test), you can purchase GXP by converting excess Mech XP and spending MCs to do so.

The Skill Tree Public Test doesn't take into account all of the Mech XP accumulated over and above Master status.

For example, I've got roughly 170K Mech XP on my mastered KGC-000 that will not be carried over in any way. Those MXPs are lost to me and I don't have an opportunity to convert them to any other form of XP.

Another example: I have a Banshee that was recently awarded to me. It's been basic'd, and I've accumulated around 21K of extra MXP, but I don't have two other variants to allow me to start the Elite process. In this new system, I will lose all of that accumulated MXP.

Yes, the payout appears to be generous, but it has its biases.

Perhaps PGI could devise a way to be able to salvage accumulated XP in these types of instances.

Yep, exactly my thoughts. Have a few dozen of mechs with 100-200k excess XP which goes nowhere. Assuming PGI will keep XP costs for respecs, that XP would be quite useful.

Same story with Gargoyles, Ferrets and other lackluster mechs I never managed to get 2nd(3rd) variant, yet they all have more than enough XP to be mastered.

Edited by AngrySpartan, 26 April 2017 - 02:50 PM.

#40 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

I've definitely come to the conclusion that if the GSP refund for modules happens I will likely be keeping a handful of modules to turn into GSP so I can instantly skill up 20 mechs, and sell ALL of the rest of my modules.

Sure, I'll only get a few hundred million C-Bills back, but at least I can use those. The 14,600GSP I'm currently slated to get back will be virtually useless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users