• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

View PostGreygor 727, on 25 April 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Shaking my head in disbelief.

Yes, I read the forums.

According to you since I haven't previously posted my opinion does not count? GET A LIFE.

Well... if you don't tell anyone your opinion then it doesn't really count. Sort of like the people who don't vote in elections and then get upset when the candidate they liked doesn't get elected.

That said, I never said anyone's opinion doesn't count, I just said the people actively posting on the forum are a representation of the player base at large.

#22 Greygor 727

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 105 posts
  • LocationDisney World

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

No Ruar.

My comment is directed at Dee Eight, not you.

#23 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostGreygor 727, on 25 April 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

No Ruar.

My comment is directed at Dee Eight, not you.

Ah... I wondered but without any quotes I wanted to reply just in case it was for my OP.

#24 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 25 April 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

A couple hundred complainers on the forum though are actually NOT the bulk of the players...of a game with tens of thousands...the majority of whom DO NOT use the forums at all. Let alone all the ones who rarely post or participate in polls, and only ever read things.

The available evidence is: a majority of respondents seemed to dislike the gated and tangled tree. (Per Alistair's poll).

I'm confused as to why you're deciding that the majority of silent respondents, without -any- sense as to the percentages of those who look at the forums, or stated their beliefs, are for that skill tree.

I mean, there's just no factual basis to anything you're claiming. You're making suppositions. Which is fine. But label them as such.

#25 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 25 April 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

There was a lot of arguing about boating single weapons systems being too powerful. It seems that PGI has decided that requiring mixed nodes will make it more appealing to take mixed systems. (i.e. if you have to take missile skills, then you aren't going to have as much of a nerf if you decide to toss on an MRM or two forty.)

That doesn't explain the other trees that require crappy skills like Hill Climb, which have nothing to do with boating at all.

#26 NotGiggity32

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:34 PM

Again with the web. I like the proposal by the guy Ruar posted. That makes sense. You guys are just not getting it. We don't want to unlock stuff we don't want, to get the stuff we do want. A bunch of us already said that the last time. How is that any different than having to buy three of the same chassis to master one. You are just dibbling away our hard earned experience by doing this. If you insist on sticking with this horrible mess, then expect a lot of people to just give up on you.

All weapons trees/webs, whatever, should be separate from one another. If I want super torso twist and don't care about my arms, that should be separate too. I also hate the fact that I constantly have to zoom in and zoom out, pan left, pan right. Get each tree to fit on the screen without the ridiculous navigation.

Folks. I just want to log in and shoot stuff. I don't want to have to spend an inordinate amount of time "tweaking" something. Do you people like sitting down on the ole PC or with the checkbook and paying bills? That's what this feels like. "Well money is a little tight this month so I guess I will focus on paying off the necessities only and eating ramen noodles again." "Well I want my missiles to fire faster, but I have to get this other stuff first." It feels like an unnecessary chore to try and unwind at the end of the day and have some fun.

I certainly hope this doesn't go live anytime soon so I can use my GXP to skill my Javelins up, enjoy them for a little bit, and then move on I guess.

Sorry if I seem salty. I literally spent one and half hours cleaning up cat urine, I had to throw away part of my model railroad, had to wait for the PTS to download and then discovered that not much really changed. Maybe tomorrow will be better, maybe not, we'll see! Happy Hunting Mechwarriors!

#27 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 April 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

That doesn't explain the other trees that require crappy skills like Hill Climb, which have nothing to do with boating at all.

What other skills are in that tree again?

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 25 April 2017 - 07:45 PM.

#28 Adamant80

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 58 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure...

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

I would be fine with being forced to take something like a cool-down node in order to get to a node I want because cool-down is a general node. I am NOT fine being forced to take a hard-point node to get to a general node I want considering MOST OF MY 'MECHS DON'T OWN ALL 3 HARD-POINT TYPES.

#29 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

View PostCato Phoenix, on 25 April 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

I mean, there's just no factual basis to anything you're claiming.

Normal behaviour for D8

Edited by Zergling, 26 April 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#30 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

I shouted myself horse on this tangled web of false choices, useless skills, and gated mandatory skills the last time around.

PGI did absolutely nothing to fix the problem accept delay the rollout of this mess.

So, it's simply easier for me not to spend any more money on this game vs. wasting my time testing their latest joke of a skill system when they clearly have no interest in actual player feedback other than "give people something for the modules they bought."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users