The Skill Tree Bloat Is Unreal

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dingo Battler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:42 PM

I thought this would go the way of the ridiculous energy draw system, and then, it seems PGI is serious. I don't really care about anything else other than the bloat.

91 points to spread across 242 nodes, are you serious? Diablo, which is probably the originator of the skill tree system doesn't even have 1/8th of that. Furthermore, its skill tree is simply categorised such that you'll only touch 1 tree, and rarely, 2. All skill linkages are simple.

I look at the 242 nodes, and my mind goes blank. Do I pump mr skeletal, or do I do it with laser mastery? Or do I pump half and half? How many useless nodes are in the way? What is the cost-benefit ratio?

It might seem that it'll give the player choice, but its just stupid. 1% increments, no one cares m8. You're just confusing us, not giving us choice.

It also seems that some buffs are insane, 40 something % mr skeletal buffs of lights? Time to facetime DWFs in my ACH. Haven't done that since it got nerfed.

Also, how on earth will new players react to this rubbish? I barely understand it as it is (velocity? on what? my lasers? MSP, HSP, GXP, HXP, cbills, MC, XP? Too much in-game pseudo-currencies floating about), much less new players.

Cut the stupid thing by 1/8th, and you're good PGI. It's ridiculous as it stands. No one can understand nothing.

Edited by KBurn85, 26 April 2017 - 10:45 PM.

#2 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

It is indeed waaaaay to bloated and incremental.

#3 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:56 PM

View PostKBurn85, on 26 April 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

It also seems that some buffs are insane, 40 something % mr skeletal buffs of lights? Time to facetime DWFs in my ACH. Haven't done that since it got nerfed.

That part is hardly a problem, as the % gain for low base value is lower than for higher base value.
40% of 20 structure (light) would be only +8 for total of 28
25% of 40 structure (assault) would already be +10 for a total of 50

so from 20vs40 (100% more structure) to 28vs50 to about 78% more structure on the assault

for the investment in armor/structure, we only gain about 1 more hit by a big weapon (10+dmg) per component.
so the light and assault can both handle 1 more hit only (from 2 for lights, 4 for assaults)

#4 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:18 AM

Too many nodes, too many fillers, too many consumables, too many clicks, too little real choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users