Are You Really Going To Cheat Players Out Of Their Module Refunds?

32 replies to this topic

#21 IanDresarie

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:46 AM

View PostSmokedJag, on 26 April 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

Grats on stockpiling resources in a MMO? If you have surplus tens of thousands of GSP, it means you have one rather mature account. It also means that you could part with a lot of them for Cbills now if it matters so much to how you see yourself hypothetically playing the game going forward.

Let's be honest here: MW:O has a somewhat small playerbase and you can be certain that the huge majority of all accounts are 'rather mature'.
Thing is: I do not have a giant surplus of CBills as I tend to spend what I earn. This refund mechanic will mean I end up with more of those worthless HSP then i could ever use while not having the CBills to buy 'Mechs and gear to use them on.
Yes, I could part with some of the current modules. But I'll loose a ****-ton of CBills by doing that and will feel cheated very much the same.

#22 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:50 AM

View PostIanDresarie, on 26 April 2017 - 03:46 AM, said:

Let's be honest here: MW:O has a somewhat small playerbase and you can be certain that the huge majority of all accounts are 'rather mature'.
Thing is: I do not have a giant surplus of CBills as I tend to spend what I earn. This refund mechanic will mean I end up with more of those worthless HSP then i could ever use while not having the CBills to buy 'Mechs and gear to use them on.
Yes, I could part with some of the current modules. But I'll loose a ****-ton of CBills by doing that and will feel cheated very much the same.

Your modules aren't worth face, they're worth their sale price. You had no way of getting that 50% back prior to this.

#23 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:52 AM

View PostForceUser, on 26 April 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

You will not lose a single cbill you spent no, but you wont get all of the cbills you spent back as cbills. Some of it will be converted into free skill points. Depends on when you bought the modules.

I get 91 skillpoints from mastered mechs, i can put 91 skillpoints in a mech,
the cheapskates gets a full mastered mech without owning a module for each mech.
I get also a full mastered mech and lots of skillpoints i cant use, because the mech is allready mastered.

Conclusion: Go full cheapskate because pgi caters this and Russ has something to moan about.

#24 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:20 AM

Hehehe, yeah, I had a bit of a laugh when I saw the list of modules.
Nice to see the break down of it all actually.

#25 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:25 AM

View PostKroete, on 26 April 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

I get 91 skillpoints from mastered mechs, i can put 91 skillpoints in a mech,
the cheapskates gets a full mastered mech without owning a module for each mech.
I get also a full mastered mech and lots of skillpoints i cant use, because the mech is allready mastered.

Conclusion: Go full cheapskate because pgi caters this and Russ has something to moan about.

You can use those extra points to unlock additional nodes so that if you happen to decide later on that you want to re-allocate, you don't need to spend the initial c-bill/xp cost to unlock, only the xp cost to allocate... which you might have a ton of general xp for anyway.

By having a lot of modules you do have the advantage over a player who didn't make those investments in that you will be able to 'change your mind' a lot more for minimal cost or straight up master a brand new mech you buy. You will make some savings due to already having the points at hand to unlock the nodes on any mech straight away.

It's a trade off and compromise to what was in PTS1.

#26 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:38 AM

View Post50 50, on 26 April 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

You can use those extra points to unlock additional nodes so that if you happen to decide later on that you want to re-allocate, you don't need to spend the initial c-bill/xp cost to unlock, only the xp cost to allocate... which you might have a ton of general xp for anyway.

By having a lot of modules you do have the advantage over a player who didn't make those investments in that you will be able to 'change your mind' a lot more for minimal cost or straight up master a brand new mech you buy. You will make some savings due to already having the points at hand to unlock the nodes on any mech straight away.

It's a trade off and compromise to what was in PTS1.

Most of my mechs have over 200.000xp and i have lots of gxp.

Dont need more then the inital 91 skillpoints i will get,
for respecs i have lots of xp/gpx and will get more if i play,
i dont need gsp.

So tell me, what can i do with all the gsp left?
And if i respec with them, what can i do with all the xp and gxp?

The only use for module refund gsp i found is to remember me to go full cheapskate in the future.

Edited by Kroete, 26 April 2017 - 04:40 AM.

#27 Jikil

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:10 AM

People are going to cry about this forever I think but this is probably the best solution. Dropping trillions of cbills into the game means that for people that have spent that much over the course of the game will have amounts that border on the insane.

I think that kind of thing is fun for posting a screenshot of your insane cbill total but will cause people to drop the game.

Additionally I would like to point out that for people just coming into the game it might not seem fair if you start playing after the refund and struggle to grind up cbills and xp just to skill out your mechs while the guy that has been playing for years has enough cbills to buy a dropship.

#28 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:41 AM

For [expletive deleted] sakes... just sell off a good portion of your modules before the skill tree goes live. You will have millions of C-Bills and tons of GSP to flesh out owned Mechs and new additions to your Mech hangar. People who bought modules ground for and spent C-Bills on improvements for their Mechs. Those improvements are now skill points.

#29 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 25 April 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

So the 3 million you spent on a single AC5 Cooldown Module is going to return you 67 skill points worth of GSP, if I understand it correctly. That's more than enough to re-buy what you've lost with the module.

Suuuure BUT my GSP refund is enough to master 230 mechs... do you think I will every buy 230 more mechs in this game? I only own ~270 mechs atm and little over 200 of them is mastered.
I'd rather take half of that GSP as CB which I could use to buy things like LFE engines and other expensive weapons we get "soon"

#30 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

View Postmycroft000, on 25 April 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

I want to be able to convert GSP into C-Bills. https://mwomercs.com...nearly-perfect/

Fine, but you may only buy skills with it, not new mechs/engines/weapons

#31 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

I paid X million CBills for the module. The module is being taken away. I want my X million C-Bills back. And I want my GXP for unlocking the module. Its not that hard. I dont understand why they cant refund exactly what we spent.

If you are going to nerf the heck out of me, please give me a FULL refund.

#32 agentSanders

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

Don't typically comment and at first glance I had thought they had finally a worked out a good solution to this skill tree business. However, after learning we weren't receiving a full refund on all the modules I was dismayed. I'm sure others have different experiences but I find it much more difficult to keep a reasonable cbill balance than i do earning XP. Buying engines, endosteel, double heat sinks on mechs is an expensive endeavor. I was under the impression (misguided) that i would be receiving a full refund for my modules (all of them) and was looking forward to having some extra cbills to invest in some clan mechs i wanted to tinker with (usually run IS stuff) not to mention up and coming weapons, engines, equipment being released.

I read a hand full of the comments and noticed some people seemed to think that people having extra cbills was going to wreck the economy? I imagine once all the new weapons/engines are released people will be rebuilding their mechs in favor of newer equipment and have more than enough to spend cbills on. The option some have mentioned for exchanging the extra xp for cash might be a reasonable compromise? There are infinite things you could introduce to allow people to spend their cbills. I understand their is no pleasing everyone but i want my cbills darn it!

#33 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

Huge C-Bill refunds would actually encourage MC purchasing, If I could buy 50-80 new mechs, I'd need to buy 30-50 more mechbays to house them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users