• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:37 AM

Sorry for the odd thread, but I think it's important the forums aren't completely swamped about skill tree. Something that everyone isn't split against one another.

Your Favorite new tech. Do Share.

I think my favorite new tech is going to be the clan ATMs, the IS UAC 10/20, RACs, and Clan Heavy Lasers. Will be giving old mechs new life and tonnage starved mechs more reason to take, AKA, Mist Lynx taking 4 Small Heavy Lasers, or an Atlas taking a UAC/20 or king crab dual UAC/20s.

#2 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

MRM's, another mid range weapon system? Yes please. For Clans, well, ATM's for producing Salt, buying a mad dog specifically for it.

Edited by Moonlight Grimoire, 27 April 2017 - 10:40 AM.

#3 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,932 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:43 AM

LBX 20 for IS.

If it sounds as good as the Clan LBX 20 that will become my new favorite weapon.

#4 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 27 April 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

LBX 20 for IS.

If it sounds as good as the Clan LBX 20 that will become my new favorite weapon.

If it's as anemic as the Clan LBX20 you'll quickly fall out of love.

#5 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

Too much depends on the implementation, imho.

But I guess... MRMs.

For the lolz, etc.

#6 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:56 AM

Light engine/target computers because I have some hopes it will help balance. Everything else is just fun toys :)

#7 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,932 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:57 AM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 27 April 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

Bah.

I'm bad, PGI is making my crappy low tier mechs worse, and you think I am going to be concerned with trivialities like a weapon system being "anemic". I say again: Bah! If it sounds good I shall play it!

#8 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 27 April 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Bah.

I'm bad, PGI is making my crappy low tier mechs worse, and you think I am going to be concerned with trivialities like a weapon system being "anemic". I say again: Bah! If it sounds good I shall play it!

Bring on the MGs and LBX20s!!!

#9 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:08 AM

The new PPCs. All of them: light, snub-nosed, and heavy.

And rockets. Yes, rockets. I know they are probably not very good, but I hate seeing unused missile slots. It looks so ugly when a Zeus or a Bushwacker lacks missiles. Rockets look nice and perhaps provide some extra punch for very little weight and critspace.

#10 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

Light PPC I think will be amazing. But I'm biased bc i've been looking for a PPC platform forever and can't find one that suits my play style and can keep up in a intense fight.

#11 Belacose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 539 posts
  • LocationArlington Texas

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 27 April 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Light engine/target computers because I have some hopes it will help balance. Everything else is just fun toys Posted Image

Was just about to say the exact same thing. May actually start playing my IS account again after we get those.

#12 GrimRiver

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

Rest of the IS UAC's and SSRM's.

LB5X, don't know how I feel about the LB20X and LB2X yet.

I'm on the fence about RAC's because we don't know how well they work yet or what to expect.

MRM's yes, but I want them to fire full volley and not clan stream because I'd hate to see all the friendly fire from a roman candle you can't stop in mid fire.

LFE's yaaaaaaaassssss!

IS tactcoms, yas because I try to put at least tactcom1 on all my clams.

New PPC's eh, don't use them much but cool.

Stealth armor? Only works with ECM or better paired with it? Need more info on it.

ERLasers cool, well not really heatwise.

Heavy lasers, don't know how I feel about that...

New MG's, looking forward to HMG than more than LMG.

ATM's sound neat.

My favorite? LFE by far, it opens up more build options for non XL friendly mechs running STD with crit slot room to spare.

#13 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:17 AM

For me it's a toss up between the new PPC family additions, UAC/10 and RAC/5... I plan on making room in my mechs for these new toys... oh! and the LFE, that's going to be a nice addition to some of my mechs.

#14 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 27 April 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

Really? Damn, I walked outside with that on a stock KDK-3 and instantly was 3-5 kills in it. Ran very hot though.
I have trouble with the cuac10/5...too much face time, too much jamming for me.

So interesting how different playstyles yield so much success for one set of people yet not another. That uac combo is ruthless, but I can't stand it!

#15 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 27 April 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

Sorry for the odd thread, but I think it's important the forums aren't completely swamped about skill tree. Something that everyone isn't split against one another.

Your Favorite new tech. Do Share.

I think my favorite new tech is going to be the clan ATMs, the IS UAC 10/20, RACs, and Clan Heavy Lasers. Will be giving old mechs new life and tonnage starved mechs more reason to take, AKA, Mist Lynx taking 4 Small Heavy Lasers, or an Atlas taking a UAC/20 or king crab dual UAC/20s.

Whatever one gives me an excuse to complain

#16 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:27 AM

View PostHumpday, on 27 April 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

Really? Damn, I walked outside with that on a stock KDK-3 and instantly was 3-5 kills in it. Ran very hot though.
I have trouble with the cuac10/5...too much face time, too much jamming for me.

So interesting how different playstyles yield so much success for one set of people yet not another. That uac combo is ruthless, but I can't stand it!

The problem for the IS LB-20X is the fact that it eats 11 crit slots and 14t, that's 2 more crits than the Clan version as well as 2 more tons than the Clan version. That means that IS mechs will only be able to torso mount it with a standard engine. So that begs the question, if you can only mount one ballistic in the ST of an IS mech, would you chose a LB-20X with a Standard Engine over an IS UAC/20 (15t, 10 crits) with a LFE or a AC/20 (14t and 10 crits) with LFE?

For me the LB-20X is a flat out no-go weapon that is going to be relegated to the trash heap.

#17 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 27 April 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

The problem for the IS LB-20X is the fact that it eats 11 crit slots and 14t, that's 2 more crits than the Clan version as well as 2 more tons than the Clan version. That means that IS mechs will only be able to torso mount it with a standard engine. So that begs the question, if you can only mount one ballistic in the ST of an IS mech, would you chose a LB-20X with a Standard Engine over an IS UAC/20 (15t, 10 crits) with a LFE or a AC/20 (14t and 10 crits) with LFE?

For me the LB-20X is a flat out no-go weapon that is going to be relegated to the trash heap.

Oh for IS, god no I wont' be taking that thing....slow as it is, I love my AC20. PP damage plus the psychological effect? Get outta here, you pop someone twice with an IS ac20 and they are in oh crap mode trying to get outta there.

Edited by Humpday, 27 April 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#18 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

Cannot say until we get stats for everything... RAC5s can be godlike or total shait like ATMs, how long is heavy laser burn and how hot? will new IS uacs be slug or burst? do LBXs get slot reductions or something?

#19 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

Light Gauss and Light PPC for my mediums and light mechs. This will add more range, lighter weight, and lower heat. Yes there will be less damage but considering mediums do not pack multiples (other than 2 current ppcs or erppcs) like 3 or more this might allow it.

#20 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,069 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

its gonna be racs, hmgs, and micro/heavy lasers for me.

im a gun nut so racs. they need no explanation. so long as pgi doesnt screw up the mechanics with some screwy click combo.

hmgs. im going to dust off all my ballistics squirrels hopefully make them viable.

seems every srm+laser light/medium mech has the same issue, its always a tradeoff betwen tubes and lasers. you cant do a full laser complement thats backstab worthy and carry enough tubes and ammo to do the job. enter micro lasers. quarter and half ton pain spewers means i can splurge on the tubes and not give up a whole lot of laser power in a knife fight.

heavy lasers are kind of a maybe depending on implementation. if its just another laser, perhaps with a longer burn time (like mwll), then meh. also clan erll and lpl already are at what i would call the maximum of what burns should be. unless of course you throw in a variable burn time mechanic (mw3 pulses) then those long burns are more tolerable.

my biggest concern is that new mechanics will be light and you end up with more flavors of the same rather than something that feels like a new weapon. even the atms are just a double damage lrm with max optimal range of zero ramping down from there. mrms, just srms with a longer range value. maybe they can add flavor making them stream fire, but nothing new is added. even got some conserns that racs are just going to be button mashing uac bs, or worse be rendered the same rng always jammed worse average dps than a cac crap the uacs have been reduced to.

pgi really has a chance to shine here, i hope they dont screw it up.

Edited by LordNothing, 27 April 2017 - 12:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users