Help Me

6 replies to this topic

#1 Serpentine Shel Serpentine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

Hello: I am trying to load 2xLBX10 into my KDK-3 and they automatically place into the lower ballistic hardpoints. I tried placing MG into the other slots by placing them first but that didn't work. The MG were now on top. So I reversed the order I placed them and the MG is still on top. Any way around this or are heavy weps always on the bottom? Thanks.

Edited by DeloresAbernathy, 28 April 2017 - 02:24 AM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

You may be bugged or something. Remove ballistics, save, change to another mech then come back. Now go in and change Layout from expanded to Column. Put MGun in first on both LT/RT then the LBX10s.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 April 2017 - 08:34 PM.

#3 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:00 AM

In some mechs (Cicada) it depends on the order, in which you place the weapons.
But in some others (Banshee, and apearantly Kodiak) no matter how you swap the weapons, the strong ones will be on the lower hardpoint. Maybe it's a bug, maybe feature, but i didn't find any way around it. In any way KDK have all hardpoints pretty high, so just deal with it.

#4 Serpentine Shel Serpentine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:25 AM

View PostZigmund Freud, on 30 April 2017 - 06:00 AM, said:

In some mechs (Cicada) it depends on the order, in which you place the weapons.
But in some others (Banshee, and apearantly Kodiak) no matter how you swap the weapons, the strong ones will be on the lower hardpoint. Maybe it's a bug, maybe feature, but i didn't find any way around it. In any way KDK have all hardpoints pretty high, so just deal with it.

I used the column view as suggested by Tarl Cabot which made it a little easier to see what was going on as I loaded the weapons. By trial and error I determined that this problem relates only to any "20" rated weapon, whether LBX or UAC. (Not sure if I tried the plain AC20, if the Clan had one). But "10" rated weapons will go to the top hadpoint if loaded last after lighter weapons, but the "20" rated weapons will not -- those sink to the bottom. E.g. The UAC5 and UAC10 loadout loads fine, which seems to work better anyway than the 20s despite lower total damage. Thanks for the help!

#5 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:41 AM

View PostDeloresAbernathy, on 30 April 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

I used the column view as suggested by Tarl Cabot which made it a little easier to see what was going on as I loaded the weapons. By trial and error I determined that this problem relates only to any "20" rated weapon, whether LBX or UAC. (Not sure if I tried the plain AC20, if the Clan had one). But "10" rated weapons will go to the top hadpoint if loaded last after lighter weapons, but the "20" rated weapons will not -- those sink to the bottom. E.g. The UAC5 and UAC10 loadout loads fine, which seems to work better anyway than the 20s despite lower total damage. Thanks for the help!

I can confirm. AC20, UAC20, LBX20 all get placed bottom slot even if you place MGs first.

Lower calibrer or gauss can be placed up.

#6 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostDeloresAbernathy, on 30 April 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

this problem relates only to any "20" rated weapon, whether LBX or UAC. (Not sure if I tried the plain AC20, if the Clan had one). But "10" rated weapons will go to the top hadpoint if loaded last after lighter weapons, but the "20" rated weapons will not -- those sink to the bottom.

Probably so does LPLs and PPCs on Banshee. (It's still weird tho, that the same weapons can be arranged properly on CDA).
Anyway, it's hard to complain, since we played this game when weapons were randomly arranged among hardpoints, and mech always looked like it has stock loadout. I put ac20 on raven, and it looks like a single machine gun, lol. That was ********.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:05 AM

View PostZigmund Freud, on 30 April 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

Probably so does LPLs and PPCs on Banshee. (It's still weird tho, that the same weapons can be arranged properly on CDA).
Anyway, it's hard to complain, since we played this game when weapons were randomly arranged among hardpoints, and mech always looked like it has stock loadout. I put ac20 on raven, and it looks like a single machine gun, lol. That was ********.

You mean this?
Koniving's AC/20 Raven 2012. Note left arm.
Posted Image

Koniving's AC/20 Raven 2014. Note left arm.
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users