Modules - Cbill Refund Info?

21 replies to this topic

#1 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

From the PTS Shut Down notes:

Refund Process: The starting point for receiving C-Bill refunds from Owned Modules is now December 3rd 2016, rather than February 8th 2017. This new date coincides with the first announcement of the new Skill Tree.

So maybe look into this CBill refund before complaining about how PGI "is giving useless XP instead" (which, as someone who checked out the PTS, isn't useless btw...) because apparently its still a thing.

I would assume you'd have to contact support to do it and the eligibility of modules attained via mech packs is up in the air as I don't know the details. But hey, more research and less complaining huh? You're like people that ask a stupid question on Facebook/Forums when Google searching literally produces the answer on the first result.

Edited by MauttyKoray, 29 April 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#2 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 29 April 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

So maybe look into this CBill refund before complaining about how PGI "is giving useless XP instead" (which, as someone who checked out the PTS, isn't useless btw...) because apparently its still a thing.

I would assume you'd have to contact support to do it and the eligibility of modules attained via mech packs is up in the air as I don't know the details. But hey, more research and less complaining huh? You're like people that ask a stupid question on Facebook/Forums when Google searching literally produces the answer on the first result.

Hundreds of millions of C-bills in modules before Dec. 3rd of 2016.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

So who are you talking too? I think k almost everyone knows this. Few extra months the doesn't really change anything for players who have been around for years.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 29 April 2017 - 02:04 PM.

#4 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 29 April 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

So who are you talking too? I think k almost everyone knows this. Few extra months the doesn't really change anything for players who have been around for years.

With this latest PTS, there were a ton of people bitching about how PGI switched it to giving XP for modules.

#5 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:22 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 29 April 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

With this latest PTS, there were a ton of people bitching about how PGI switched it to giving XP for modules.

This still is basically happening, in pts#1 we were getting full cbill refund. It wasn't until the zero module cheapskates did the math and found out they couldn't afford to 91node their mechs did it change.

So now we have the flip side of the module rich people who are crying :)

They have to go back atleast two years to make everyone else happy. Even then I think they're giving to much away. Someone has to be upset.

#6 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

Well they could always do 50/50 on c-bills and xp refunds, see how the community will react to THAT Posted Image

#7 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

GSP =/= GXP

Please get it right, folks...

#8 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:53 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 29 April 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

This still is basically happening, in pts#1 we were getting full cbill refund. It wasn't until the zero module cheapskates did the math and found out they couldn't afford to 91node their mechs did it change.

So now we have the flip side of the module rich people who are crying Posted Image

They have to go back atleast two years to make everyone else happy. Even then I think they're giving to much away. Someone has to be upset.

Well, I haven't been following this because I don't have enough modules for it to really make a difference and I don't much care either way. However, is it an automatic CBill refund or do you actually have to contact support to get it, otherwise it becomes GXP/SP/whichever?

I only took notice of it when it seemed like every other post was about how people weren't getting their CBills for modules now. (that info being wrong anyway)

#9 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 29 April 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Well, I haven't been following this because I don't have enough modules for it to really make a difference and I don't much care either way. However, is it an automatic CBill refund or do you actually have to contact support to get it, otherwise it becomes GXP/SP/whichever?

"Old" modules get converted to GSP
"New" modules get converted to C-Bills
The cut-off was Feb 8th 2017, now it is Dec 3rd 2016

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 29 April 2017 - 04:02 PM.

#10 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

I have purchased 1.4b in modules over the years that will all be refunded as GSP. Only 27m in actual cash.

Now, for me personally, I am fine with the GSP reimbursement. But for someone who spent hundreds of millions on modules before 3 Dec's announcement, and having all their relevant mechs mastered (and reimbursed with HSP), GSP has very little value to them. If you dont understand why they would be upset, you might want to relook Google yerself. You are commenting on something from a pretty lofty perch while clearly demonstrating you dont clearly understand why some of these people are pissed off.

#11 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 29 April 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

I only took notice of it when it seemed like every other post was about how people weren't getting their CBills for modules now. (that info being wrong anyway)

It will be automatic, most the people with the issue are the people with tons of modules. You really don't get tons of these unless you collected them for years.

I'm happy they're atleast giving back the modules in cbills from Dec as I went on a crazy module spending spree.

#12 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

I was hoping OP was going to be about the main issue with pgi's failure to have the correct date of the gsp/cbills cut off date on the PTS, not another whine troll post =(

THE ISSUE IS WE DONT GET TO SEE WHICH OF OUR MODULES ARE DEFINATELY FROM BEFORE DEC 3RD SO WE CANNOT SELL THEM BACK AT HALF VALUE COZ WE CANT BE SURE THEY ARE NOT ONES THAT WE WOULD GET FULL REFUND FROM.

I cant remember what modules I bought before / after dec 3rd and I want to sell about half my pre dec 3rd modules back at 50% value so im not sitting on 75+ mechs of GSP, just 30 worth. Cant do that unless they give us PTS with the correct date for the ledger.

#13 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

Except I bought 90% of my modules before December 2016. Your point is invalid.

View PostCadoAzazel, on 29 April 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

THE ISSUE IS WE DONT GET TO SEE WHICH OF OUR MODULES ARE DEFINATELY FROM BEFORE DEC 3RD SO WE CANNOT SELL THEM BACK AT HALF VALUE COZ WE CANT BE SURE THEY ARE NOT ONES THAT WE WOULD GET FULL REFUND FROM.

Also this.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 April 2017 - 07:26 PM.

#14 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

I was hoping OP was going to be about the main issue with pgi's failure to have the correct date of the gsp/cbills cut off date on the PTS, not another whine troll post =(

List of "fixes" for the next round of the PTS https://mwomercs.com...s-2-now-offline
• Refund Process: The starting point for receiving C-Bill refunds from Owned Modules is now December 3rd 2016, rather than February 8th 2017. This new date coincides with the first announcement of the new Skill Tree.

Everything else is still broken.

#15 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

I cant remember what modules I bought before / after dec 3rd and I want to sell about half my pre dec 3rd modules back at 50% value so im not sitting on 75+ mechs of GSP, just 30 worth. Cant do that unless they give us PTS with the correct date for the ledger.

There could be an even worse problem with the sell off strategy. If our ledgers are calculated with a simple (total now) - (total Dec. 3rd) = (total full refund) equation, then we are doubly boinked. Any modules you sell early at 50%, will decrease your (total now) come switch day. No matter how many you sell, you might be locked into receiving the same GSP total based on your (total Dec. 3rd) value. If you sell more than the difference between (total now) and (total Dec. 3rd) then you will reduce your GSP return but will not get a single module refunded at full value!

PGI needs to give us more information on how exactly the ledger values are to be calculated. The fix for this particular problem would be a "sell off date." Modify the ledger table in the database so that any modules sold after that specific date will be subtracted from the (total Dec. 3rd) value and not (total now). And we'd need to be given those values at that time in order to make informed decisions.

Edited by vandalhooch, 29 April 2017 - 08:39 PM.

#16 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

Over a billion spent on modules prior to Dec 2016

#17 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

GSP =/= GXP

The problem with GSP compensation is that past a certain point GSP becomes worthless because youre never going to be able to spend it all.

PGI should give 50% cbill and 50% GSP as compensation, because people can get 50% cbills anyway by selling their modules, so the cbill economy doesnt get ruined.

#18 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:17 AM

View PostKhobai, on 29 April 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

The problem with GSP compensation is that past a certain point GSP becomes worthless because youre never going to be able to spend it all.

PGI should give 50% cbill and 50% GSP as compensation, because people can get 50% cbills anyway by selling their modules, so the cbill economy doesnt get ruined.

And past a certain point C-Bills are worthless, because you have nothing left to spend them on.

The argument works both ways.

And again, I agree there are better alternatives. I just think that GSP > C-Bills as an absolute choice, as it is more fair and people "lose" less.

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 29 April 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

I have purchased 1.4b in modules over the years that will all be refunded as GSP. Only 27m in actual cash.

Now, for me personally, I am fine with the GSP reimbursement. But for someone who spent hundreds of millions on modules before 3 Dec's announcement, and having all their relevant mechs mastered (and reimbursed with HSP), GSP has very little value to them. If you dont understand why they would be upset, you might want to relook Google yerself. You are commenting on something from a pretty lofty perch while clearly demonstrating you dont clearly understand why some of these people are pissed off.

There's a difference between not understanding, and thinking the current solution is better than the old one. I can understand a position and still disagree with it. I understand why some people are annoyed, I just think they're looking at it wrong.

#19 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 30 April 2017 - 01:17 AM, said:

And past a certain point C-Bills are worthless, because you have nothing left to spend them on.

1 - You could always spend them on duplicate mechs. And you wouldn't need GSP for the new mechs because HXP could be transferred.

2 - This is why all games with economies need currency sinks.

3 - With the incoming new tech are we anywhere near the point where C-bills experience diminishing returns?

The argument works both ways.

And again, I agree there are better alternatives. I just think that GSP > C-Bills as an absolute choice, as it is more fair and people "lose" less.

Some people lose less than others. Those who will be immediately faced with the diminishing returns of GSP will be required to either live with it or choose to lose more than other players.

Forcing some players to exchange their low inflation currency for high inflation currency while not forcing everyone is the inherent unfairness of this iteration.

There's a difference between not understanding, and thinking the current solution is better than the old one. I can understand a position and still disagree with it. I understand why some people are annoyed, I just think they're looking at it wrong.

How is thinking that 50,000 GSP instead of 500 million C-bills is less desirable "looking at it wrong?"

Edited by vandalhooch, 30 April 2017 - 08:23 AM.

#20 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,725 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:25 AM

Do we have to go over this again....?!?!?!

Now vandalhooch will spend the next 24 hours making sure he gets the last word in.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users