Best Of Mw3/4 Weapon Sounds Mod

6 replies to this topic

#1 1 Andrew 1

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:36 AM

After testing this mod thoroughly with my Clan I am proud to present to the rest of the MWO community the "Best of Mechwarrior 3/4 Weapon Sounds mod". The volume of this mod has been carefully balanced to be about the same as the MWO vanilla sounds. Most weapons use the MW3 sounds except for the Clan and IS PPC (added cannonical thunder to the sounds), Clan and IS Pulse Laser, Clan and IS Gauss Rifle and the Clan Machine Gun which use MW4 sounds. IS Machine Gun and Clan/IS AMS have been left vanilla. Enjoy!

[CWG] Andrew

Download here:
[REDACTED]

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:41 AM

Wow! This sounds really cool!

Your readme says to just drop into the mechwarrior online/game folder. I wonder, I read somewhere I while back that if you edit MWO game files, you an get into trouble. I don't think you will, but I wonder, just how this effects the game MWO. Would hate for you to get in trouble for such cool work! Have you shown this to PGI? If they ok it, then I know I'd be safe to use it, because I REALLY wanna use it! It seems so cool! :)

#3 1 Andrew 1

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

The mod doesn't alter any existing files, it adds an additional file to the folder. Also if you look up previous discussion on this topic you will find that PGI will not punish you for using sound or music mods since it doesn't give you any perceivable advantage whatsoever. So don't worry, if you want to use it you will be safe to do so.

Edited by 1 Andrew 1, 04 May 2017 - 10:35 PM.

#4 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

View Post1 Andrew 1, on 04 May 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

The mod doesn't alter any existing files, it adds an additional file to the folder. Also if you look up previous discussion on this topic you will find that PGI will not punish you for using sound or music mods since it doesn't give you any perceivable advantage whatsoever. So don't worry, if you want to use it you will be safe to do so.

Yes! Thank you! That's wonderful to hear! I'm totally gonna try this out! :) :) :D

#5 zaku potion

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSOUTH TX

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:53 AM

did you have any issues with sound delay? I have a sound pack weapons replacer but I've had in game delay issues since i started the project.

#6 1 Andrew 1

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:02 AM

Hmm sorry I read this previously. I am not quite sure that I understand your issue. Can you describe it a little more detailed perhaps?

#7 zaku potion

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSOUTH TX

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

I got it fixed, thanks bud. It was an issue with how I structured the mod in FMOD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users