• The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 30 April 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

by Tarogato

The nose also seems a bit bulbous compared to the concept art.

There are also other minor translation errors on the arms (the GRs are situated a touch higher on the concept art) and crotch area.

The Green mock up is far more streamline and aesthetic. The stubby arms on the grey one just seem so wrong as well. I was really happy when I saw the civil war (green version) concept art. I hope they go back to that and not implement that grey version.

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 30 April 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

Yeah I'm not #wemustriot... but it's quite a noticeable change, especially for such an iconic mech

It more about the overall tilt than just the nose for me (though I do perfer slimer). I like the art pictured angles alot more.

I agree about the cougar and the annihilator.

hhmmmmm... i think Iconic get's bandied about too easily. Atlas and Timby are for sure Iconic... probably the main Unseens, but not really sure I would can stretch it to cover the mkII... even the KDK just barely fits, and not that comfortably, IMO.

View PostAzoic23, on 30 April 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

The Green mock up is far more streamline and aesthetic. The stubby arms on the grey one just seem so wrong as well. I was really happy when I saw the civil war (green version) concept art. I hope they go back to that and not implement that grey version.

also surprised not really seeing (or have missed) any negative feedback on the missile boxes being notably taller and squarer than the concept art.

As a whole it almost feels like somebody put it in a vise and squeezed, it's lost length and added height in almost every aspect. I don't wanna bash, because I know it's not easy to model, but the longer I look, the farther off it is.

#23 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:04 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 April 2017 - 09:38 PM, said:

hhmmmmm... i think Iconic get's bandied about too easily. Atlas and Timby are for sure Iconic... probably the main Unseens, but not really sure I would can stretch it to cover the mkII... even the KDK just barely fits, and not that comfortably, IMO.

also surprised not really seeing (or have missed) any negative feedback on the missile boxes being notably taller and squarer than the concept art.

As a whole it almost feels like somebody put it in a vise and squeezed, it's lost length and added height in almost every aspect. I don't wanna bash, because I know it's not easy to model, but the longer I look, the farther off it is.

I'd like the missle pods to change too, but I think they did that to fit all the "missiles" in the box using the standard template... dunno. They won't be on my mech, but that isn't good enough reason to say it's not important because some will use missiles on it and I'm sure they aren't happy.

#24 GrimDarkLul

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:14 PM

Quite frankly, after seeing the render, I feel that I rather use the mech pictured rather than the rendered, simply because I do not want to play a gimped malformed turkey.

I feel the look was met, but the length and width of the appendages seems like they were gimped.

#25 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:18 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 April 2017 - 09:38 PM, said:

View PostImperius, on 30 April 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

I'd like the missle pods to change too, but I think they did that to fit all the "missiles" in the box using the standard template... dunno. They won't be on my mech, but that isn't good enough reason to say it's not important because some will use missiles on it and I'm sure they aren't happy.

This how it looks like with LRM10:

Posted Image

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 30 April 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

This how it looks like with LRM10:

Posted Image

aight, forgot if they were dynamic sized. That helps, a lot.

Once it gets it's active crouch, if they just lengthened the arms and shrouded the gauss barrels some I think I would be OK with it, even if it ain't "perfect"

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 30 April 2017 - 10:20 PM.

#27 Unendingmenace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 110 posts
  • LocationDropship Dire Wolf

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:08 AM

+1 to this thread. I also agree and think that the gauss barrels should definitely be shifted back inside the arms.

Overall, I like the concept green mech more than the grey model.

#28 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:46 AM

Some things are very important to me. This mech is one of those things! Please do it justice!

#29 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:11 AM

Morning fellas. Keep this going let's get more likes today!

Edited by CK16, 01 May 2017 - 04:15 AM.

#30 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:13 AM

View PostCK16, on 01 May 2017 - 04:11 AM, said:

Morning fellas. Keep this going let's try to break 25 likes today!

The hell is this?
A youtube video?

What's next? Don't forget to subscribe and follow you on twitter? Posted Image

#31 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:14 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 01 May 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

The hell is this?
A youtube video?

What's next? Don't forget to subscribe and follow you on twitter? Posted Image

Tell ya what is offering a give a way considered bribery >.>

#32 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:17 AM

The mech is being produced this way because of the way they size over volume, if they made the arms bigger they would fall out side that remit.

Also they won't change the arms and make them larger because of game balance, unless people would prefer them dropped down and not horizontal to the torso.

#33 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

My issue is just the mount point for the ballistics is not deep enough into the arms. That's all I want is them.brought in more. So PPc's, UAC's, GR's ect are more in line with the concept art.

#34 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:06 AM

View PostCathy, on 01 May 2017 - 04:17 AM, said:

The mech is being produced this way because of the way they size over volume, if they made the arms bigger they would fall out side that remit.

Also they won't change the arms and make them larger because of game balance, unless people would prefer them dropped down and not horizontal to the torso.

That may be the case but it really makes no sense. Otherwise, when you did not equip missiles and the missile boxes disappear from the side torso then something else would have to grow to make up that lost volume. If they can let that slide then they can extend the weapon covers on the arms a bit for aesthetic purposes.

Edited by Rampage, 01 May 2017 - 06:15 AM.

#35 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:27 AM

View PostPr8Dator2, on 30 April 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

The problem isn't the gun gettting long on the arm but the arm getting shorter than the concept art and all available art on the MK2. The arm needs to get longer.

Yes! Thank you! The arms are too stubby!

The arms being bigger is not positive to the mech's efficacy. The arms hold vital hardpoints for most of the mech's damage. All of the usable ballistic slots save for 1 are held their. And no, a 2 slot hardpoint does not count.

#36 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:10 AM

Agreed on this topic

#37 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:19 AM

The arms need to get longer, and also have the barrels stick out less far as mentioned in the OP. Otherwise im good with it, though a slight reshaping of the nose to be less bulbous and a slight shrinking of the cockpit glass wouldnt go amiss.

By far the main issue is the arms being too short though.

#38 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

+1

#39 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:29 AM

except that since they made the arms shorter and fatter than the concept.....one could make them longer and skinnier and maintain the same volume. Amazing how that works.

#40 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:55 AM

+1 for the expansion of the arm shrouding to conceal more of the gauss barrel, and shrinking the CT/cockpit glass a little bit as well. With a bit of tweaking the Mad Cat Mk2 can be one of the best looking robuts in the game.

While you're at it, the Cougar's torso appears to sit a little too far back on the pelvis. And the lower legs on the Uziel are a bit skinny IMO. Otherwise, absolutely gorgeous mechs that I can't wait to get my hands on. Well worth the wait.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users