Scenario Where People Make Too Big A Deal Of... In Game

26 replies to this topic

#21 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 April 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

Assaults in front.

Eh, no. My Assault has twice the firepower of a Medium, so longer I survive, better I can do my job, which is to deal incredible amount of damage and kill stuff.

Yeah but most instances also have twice the armor, so your capacity to tank damage needs to be utilised at the same time, I am in a similar spot with my KDK5, you can still be fully combat effective at 50% health if you do well with/get lucky with any tanking you are forced to do (unlucky and you might lose a gun or two, or a torso, or a head Posted Image ), it is very ineffective for me to die early to tanking with all those weapons going to waste, but just the right amount of tanking can allow you to still fully utilise the "weapons platform" side of the assault.

I guess that comes down to effective armor sharing and damage exchange ideals in general though

#22 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

I clamped down on a jerk yelling at an LRM player for firing Clan LRMs within 180m to target the other day. He was calling him an idiot or something. We pointed out that Clan LRMs actually did damage within 180m, at a reduced rate mind you, so the A-hole calmed down a little.

#23 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 30 April 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

About going under in HPG. I have had a few excellent matches going under, but for quite a while people go nuts at even the mention of trying it. Chat going nuts and every other way imaginable.

Too many people burned by suggestions of going full defensive underneath from people who have mortal fear of zee lurms. No problem if you have a purpose for being under other than "hiding".

#24 nitra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

There was one game where a player at the start of the match accidentally shot another player with medium lasers.

it was enough to trigger the "victim" the entire match those 2 on coms were at each others throat.

at first it was funny. but as it carried out through out the game it took every ounce of will power to keep from tk'ing them myself.

im quite proud of my restraint.

#25 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

View PostrazenWing, on 30 April 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Share some scenario where you think people just overreact and scream hysterical due to some preconceived notion.

For example:

Conventional Wisdom: Don't go in the basement on HPG

People overreacting:
Even early game when probing for alternate route, people will scream on the comm like it's some mortal sin.
--------

Your turn!

people spending the first half of the match (and after they die) bitching about Skill Tree PTS instead of playing the fooking game.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 30 April 2017 - 09:41 PM.

#26 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

Conventional Wisdom: have a Light go get caps while your bigs engage the enemy.

People Overreacting: bigs are falling like flies and the Light has to engage to bail them out and prevent a scenario where it's one Light capping vs. 8 bigs --- gets yelled at for losing the match for the team because he didn't go cap.

#27 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:36 AM

When you play the game mode objective and every one is still pissed off even if you just won the game for them.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users