So Frustrated I Actually Sent A Email To Feedback

6 replies to this topic

#1 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

Well I got so frustrated with the Skill tree that I decided to send an email to the feedback.

Personally I dont care about the refunds side as Im not in the system long enough for it to massively effect me, but the skill system itself will really take me away from what I want to do (Pay the game).

Greetings MechWarrior,
The ticket (XXXXXX) you sent to feedback@mwomercs.com has been entered into the Feedback queue. While we do not currently have the resources to guarantee a direct response to each feedback ticket, the Community and Support staff will sort and compile your feedback into a consolidated monthly report before distributing it to the relevant department.

Well I thought I would give you my personal feedback as a casual player who has been playing for a year now.
The number 1 pet hate I have of it is the respec cost of 400XP per node to reactivate.
The simple fact is players like to change loadouts on mechs, this requires skill changes, not only do we have to buy the nodes we have to pay to change them around as well.
We cannot even have a test area to try out a skills we have selected. We have to pay for them, test it, and then change again. Pay, pay and pay and finally pay again. And this is just for one mech.
Needless to say I don’t particularly like the new skill tree in itself as it too big with too many choices. The converting of XP and Cbill to SP is painful. The need to zoom in and out to see node is frustrating.
Finally the amount of time it takes to skill a mech takes you away from game play, this means it takes you away from getting a mech to the “end game” level and moving onto a new mech. It means I wont buy as many mechs, need more mech bays and overall spend less on the game.
I can understand what you are trying to do but tactically and strategically it is slowing down and complicating the game experience.

#2 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

I hear you on this, especially on 'nowhere to test my changes without cost' and some of the poor UI/time sink issues.

However on the issue of the respec cost, keep in mind that after you buy your 91 nodes, every match you play in your mech builds up (on average) somewhere around 800-1,200 XP per match. So lets say you get your 91 set up, play enough matches to buy another 5-10 nodes, and decide to switch. You turn off 10 nodes, buy 10 SP, turn on 10.

Now you go play 3 matches in your new build, you've just added 2,400-3,600 XP (depending on performance) to that build. That's enough to swap back 8-12 different nodes right there, in 3 matches.

I think that most people will feel some 'grindiness' in unlocking nodes/paying for SP, although in some cases even that will be cheaper than 'moduling up' a mech. I don't think the respecing will consume much more XP than what you naturally earn playing the various builds

Edited by MadBadger, 03 May 2017 - 02:58 PM.

#3 Myc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPoDunk, IL

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

Except that SPs cost Cbills too, not just XP.

#4 Dollar Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 210 posts
  • LocationLost in the Skill Maze.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

I feel you pain. One of the few, and dwindling, things I liked about MWO was that I could tweak and experiment with my builds. Not any more. Try that now and you'll suffer from the overly complicated, frustratingly unnecessary, fun killing UI known as the Skill Maze. And, if that wasn't enough, here comes the respec cost to rub it into the wound even deeper.

Russ, please fire Paul. Then, please resign yourself from PGI. You two guys don't understand the player base, the game, or what fun is.

Edited by Dollar Bill, 17 May 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#5 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:46 AM

Amen.

#6 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMorgantown, West Virginia

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostMadBadger, on 03 May 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

I hear you on this, especially on 'nowhere to test my changes without cost' and some of the poor UI/time sink issues.

However on the issue of the respec cost, keep in mind that after you buy your 91 nodes, every match you play in your mech builds up (on average) somewhere around 800-1,200 XP per match. So lets say you get your 91 set up, play enough matches to buy another 5-10 nodes, and decide to switch. You turn off 10 nodes, buy 10 SP, turn on 10.

Now you go play 3 matches in your new build, you've just added 2,400-3,600 XP (depending on performance) to that build. That's enough to swap back 8-12 different nodes right there, in 3 matches.

I think that most people will feel some 'grindiness' in unlocking nodes/paying for SP, although in some cases even that will be cheaper than 'moduling up' a mech. I don't think the respecing will consume much more XP than what you naturally earn playing the various builds

I cant figure this new skill tree out and you just confused the hell out of me. I have some educational issues so I may be a rarity. But I agree with the ticket comments of no where to test, and the pay out xp to test out builds. Some people may like this and I wish them luc. but im less then thrilled right now.

#7 dillsOn

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

Not being able to test builds prior to paying for them has always been a problem in this game. EG: I want to swap to Artemis missile system and give it a go... Well that cost 150k cbills (not a huge deal, I usually get almost that much from a FP game) ... Pay the cbills, go to testing grounds.... oh, you don't like the way the artemis system fits your mech after the TESTING GROUNDS Match?? Pay again, I think it's another 100k to take the artemis off (W T F??)

This was a huge issue that has only been exacerbated by the ST.

A simple solution, it would seem, would be to put a "Testing Grounds" button inside the mech bay so players can test their changes PRIOR to saving the mech loadout.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users