91 replies to this topic

#81 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:17 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 05 May 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

Um, sure it does. You just said so right there.

I feel like my sarcasm went right past you.

The best teams go Clans when winning is on the line because Clan tech is still superior overall. Saying the Clans win because the best players pick them is identifying a symptom as the cause, not the cause itself.

#82 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 May 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, the MC is for sure the best they've ever done, but the basic Personal Challenge Cbills and such they are giving, either I'm misreading it, or my the average earning will still but a lot lower per hour than what I can grind in QP... and I can get at least 6 QP matches in per hour, instead of 1ish, for FW.

They have done a fair bit to improve FW in the last year, though Invasion is still unmitigated garbage, but the ridiculous MM queues still for me, really minimize my fun and earning potential.

YMMV. It is a decided step up in the rewards department. It's just that FW has generally been so "un-fun" for me, that I'm not feeling that interested. I guess I should double check the rules. If they allow for Scouting I might do some. IDK.

While true under normal circumstances, the wait times are significantly shorter during FW specific events. You can probably get 2-3 rounds of FW matches per hour during this week.

Edited by Frechdachs, 05 May 2017 - 11:26 AM.

#83 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 May 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

I feel like my sarcasm went right past you.

The best teams go Clans when winning is on the line because Clan tech is still superior overall. Saying the Clans win because the best players pick them is identifying a symptom as the cause, not the cause itself.

My mistake. Don't mind me.

#84 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

View PostFrechdachs, on 05 May 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

While true under normal circumstances, the wait times are significantly shorter during FW specific events. You can probably get 2-3 rounds of FW matches per hour during this week.

Just group up. Groups go to the front of the queue. People pugging in FW Tuk events are what creates the crazy wait for them. If you're in a 12man they're pretty much instant drops. Get in a 12man. Doesn't matter who with.

#85 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 May 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Just group up. Groups go to the front of the queue. People pugging in FW Tuk events are what creates the crazy wait for them. If you're in a 12man they're pretty much instant drops. Get in a 12man. Doesn't matter who with.

Grouping up has been a huge part of the problem. Believe it or not, in my five years here, dropping with over two dozen different units? I have yet to find a single one that could actually drop in reasonable windows. Always this dude needs a smoke break, this dude is in the mech lab, this dude is in the frikking twilight zone and can't hit "ready".

And that's on top of actual legit issues cropping up like spouse or kids requiring immediate attention, no warning, given. (aka life).

Why the heck do you think I PUG in the first place, when it's a given one will have a higher win loss ratio with any decent size group, than solo?

#86 Skipmagnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

Dunno Bish, I just figured no one liked you. =)

#87 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 May 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

you and me both apparently.

I clicked on it when it first posted and my first though twas....cool another event to skip, the rewards are limp!

Honestly, I think they could have raised the rewards by a factor of 10 and I still wouldn't play CW/FP. It has pretty much zero appeal, and the bribe offered to pump up the numbers is insufficient.

#88 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:10 PM

Got matches instantly the entire time. Nearly done all events. Epic rewards, very reasonable challenge for the amount of time the event is going for.

#89 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

Insta drops so far :D

#90 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:29 AM

Grouping up has been a huge part of the problem. Believe it or not, in my five years here, dropping with over two dozen different units? I have yet to find a single one that could actually drop in reasonable windows. Always this dude needs a smoke break, this dude is in the mech lab, this dude is in the frikking twilight zone and can't hit "ready".

Which is why they should have a solo/small group queue for faction play, or just get rid of large groups entirely.

95% of players drop solo or in small groups. Large groups are in the minority. Catering to large groups instead of the majority of players is the whole reason faction warfare failed in the first place. 5% of the players werent able to support the gamemode when the other 95% were castigated from it.

They need to revamp faction warfare so it has a solo/small group queue. They can keep the large group queue but the waiting times would be longer since solo players would no longer drop in the same queue and get preyed upon.

To prevent sync dropping they could just limit teams to having one small group each. And make it so that players from the same unit are never placed on the same team unless theyre in the same group.

Edited by Khobai, 06 May 2017 - 07:28 AM.

#91 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:39 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 May 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

And that's on top of actual legit issues cropping up like spouse or kids requiring immediate attention, no warning, given. (aka life).

Why the heck do you think I PUG in the first place, when it's a given one will have a higher win loss ratio with any decent size group, than solo?

Usually I find in situations where a unit is always slow to ready up and start, it's just 1 or 2 people who are often the problem. The difference between units that have this problem and units that don't is that someone is willing to confront the issue. Most of the people in the group are just as annoyed as you are. Once I get to know them, I have always told people (politely) that if they aren't ready we'll be happy to pick them back up next match. People start to get the hint eventually and soon you don't have ridiculous wait times anymore.

#92 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:47 AM

View PostJman5, on 06 May 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

Usually I find in situations where a unit is always slow to ready up and start, it's just 1 or 2 people who are often the problem. The difference between units that have this problem and units that don't is that someone is willing to confront the issue. Most of the people in the group are just as annoyed as you are. Once I get to know them, I have always told people (politely) that if they aren't ready we'll be happy to pick them back up next match. People start to get the hint eventually and soon you don't have ridiculous wait times anymore.

This worked (or variations of this) back in my days in HARDCorp. Since we dissolved, I've been a guest of other units, and it's been the lack of this that has kept me from desiring to sign on, in many cases. Sometimes the personalities didn't click or other issues, but too often it was the slow dropping. I suppose once enmeshed in a unit, I would have the place to speak up again, but that's the part that falls back on me..... since the burnout of 2013, I haven't had any desire to have to take the lead.
Even in CGBI, I very much make it a point to just be a bullet.

Mind you, I play mostly casual these days anyhow, but I am a firm believer that if a unit is going to take the time and energy to drop in FW, you can't do it "casual", but you need to nut up, have a plan, discipline and go. I'm all for the casual mentality for small groups in FW (which coincidentally seldom have the issues..... unless CK has gotten distracted reading WoT forums again), but I digress.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users