#41 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:09 AM

View PostDavid Sumner, on 11 May 2017 - 02:30 AM, said:

My take is that the bar is a cumulative measure (maybe until it hits the end stop anyway)
so as long as the clans win 11 matches to the IS 10, it would eventually go all blue regardless.

And as an indication of player "quality" for this event.
I boat LRMs, because until recently the combination of distance and hardware meant running high lag at low res and 25FPS (I started at 30 FPS and Med res on the same hardware)
So my drop decks are 4xLRM boats for one, and 2x LRM boats + grasshopper, bane for the other.

My bane does sweet FA, it's my filler.
My grasshopper does oh 180 to 360 damage
My WORST LRM boat usually does better than my Grasshopper.

At the moment, I can run 4 LRM boats, get 1200 to 1500 damage (well, except that match where I walked in, got backshot, walked back again and we'd capped). I also will get AT LEAST 1 solo kill.

Outside an event, I'd expect 800 to 1000 damage, and no solo kills, and probably 2-3 kills by chance.

Clan, PinPoint, uh (FL?) and I assume ST = Side Torso?
Tone is kinda hard to read Posted Image A problem I suffer from all to frequently.

Yep, evil clanners shooting the posters IS mech into the side torso and killing him in the process, so presumably he was running an XL engine. Pinpoint-Damage as opposed to even higher possible alpha, which spread their damage out across multiple hit locations.

The still current meta and given the non-pinpoint nature of missiles, Lasers and Clan autocannons with their stream of fire, is c(lan)Gauss/cER-PPC, albeit the latter does additional splash damage to adjoining locations. With that Combo, you can fire a maximum of two Gauss at once combined with usually up to two ER-PPCs. That's 2×15 for the Gauss and 2×10 for the ER-PPCs (remember, splash-damage goes to other locations), thus 50 points. That's not enough to one-shot a fresh side torso of an IS heavy mech which is fully armored with a sensible distribution of front and rear armor as it prevails in Faction Play. For example a 60-ton Dragon with (unquirked) 28 internal structure in each side torso, could carry 50 points of front armor and 6 points on the rear.

And again: If there's a meta that's capable of doing 100 pinpoint damage, I would be glad to be pointed to it. I know, the Direstar. But I do not think we should count trollish suicide mechs that no one brings to Faction Play.

#42 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:14 AM

View PostKotev, on 11 May 2017 - 01:26 AM, said:

IS mechs are better just need to find the right builds. Go to http://metamechs.com/ and find your mech.

Like, where's literally no IS mech in the Meta List that makes the high part of Tier 1 (so, real Tier 1)?
http://metamechs.com...eta-tier-list/:
Supernova Patch (9-March-2017)

Tier 1

High: Dakka Kodiak KDK-3 | Gauss & ER PPC Kodiak KDK-3 | PPFLDakka Marauder IIC | Poptart Night Gyr | Poptart Timber Wolf TBR-Prime/A/C/D

#43 Mr Salty Silva

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:52 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 11 May 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

Like, where's literally no IS mech in the Meta List that makes the high part of Tier 1 (so, real Tier 1)?
http://metamechs.com...eta-tier-list/:
Supernova Patch (9-March-2017)

Tier 1

High: Dakka Kodiak KDK-3 | Gauss & ER PPC Kodiak KDK-3 | PPFLDakka Marauder IIC | Poptart Night Gyr | Poptart Timber Wolf TBR-Prime/A/C/D

Don't twist facts...

High: Dakka Kodiak KDK-3 | Gauss & ER PPC Kodiak KDK-3 | PPFLDakka Marauder IIC | Poptart Night Gyr | Poptart Timber Wolf TBR-Prime/A/C/D[/color]

Low: Large Pulse Battlemaster BLR-2C | Laser Vomit Battlemaster BLR-1G | Dakka & PPC Warhammer WHM-6R | Dakka Warhammer Black Widow | Dakka Night Gyr | ER PPC Summoner | ER PPC Hunchback IIC HBK-IIC-A | Gauss & PPCs Supernova SNV-BR | Gauss Vomit Timber Wolf TBR-S | Laser Vomit Timber Wolf TBR-A/C/D[/color]

Between High and Low, the difference is very little. But BattleMaster is top tier Assault for IS, both proven on Meta Tier List and the sheer amount of Battlemasters in CW.

FYI, Let the TBRII come out... That weapon placement is gonna take the SuperNova right out the top tier.

Edited by Project Tumbler, 11 May 2017 - 04:56 AM.

#44 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:32 AM

View PostProject Tumbler, on 11 May 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

Don't twist facts...

Don't read only what you want to read:
  • "Like, where's literally no IS mech in the Meta List that makes the high part of Tier 1 (so, real Tier 1)?"
See it? No?
  • "Like, where's literally no IS mech in the Meta List that makes the high part of Tier 1 (so, real Tier 1)?"
See it? No?

And even IF the high and low parts of Tier 1 are very close - which I cannot assess - Kotev's claim was:
  • "IS mechs are better just need to find the right builds. Go to http://metamechs.com/ and find your mech."
See it?
  • "IS mechs are better just need to find the right builds. Go to http://metamechs.com/ and find your mech."

I am not argueing the sheer amount of battlemasters. They might be worthwile, I bring one or two in my deck as well. But being "best of the rest" is not the same as being the best overall.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 11 May 2017 - 06:36 AM.

#45 Mr Salty Silva

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:15 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 11 May 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

Don't read only what you want to read:
See it? No?
See it? No?
And even IF the high and low parts of Tier 1 are very close - which I cannot assess - Kotev's claim was:
See it?
I am not argueing the sheer amount of battlemasters. They might be worthwile, I bring one or two in my deck as well. But being "best of the rest" is not the same as being the best overall.

Trust me, i read perfectly what you wrote.
Nevertheless, i said: "Between High and Low, the difference is very little"

The point i tried to make was that tier 1 High and tier 1 Low have little to no difference in terms of potential. Therefore i don't view Tier 1 as high or low, just Tier 1. But that again, it's my opinion, as i cannot scientifically ascertain as to make it a fact, rather than hypothesis.

As for the Battlemaster, a multitude of reason give it priority over other assaults (IS wise). But yes, several Clan assaults are better i agree. That said, lets us hope the new introducion of the civil war give some balance behind them. To be fair, i'm tired of treating my Clan mechs as if they are made of paper (yes, I envy Inner Sphere mechs tankiness Posted Image )

Edited by Project Tumbler, 12 May 2017 - 02:17 AM.

#46 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:17 AM

View PostDavid Sumner, on 09 May 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Hmm. Been over a year since I was paying attention. Clan medium scout, ECM, loaded with Streaks, looks like a Stormcrow?

haha, wow man. you're a textbook example of the forum fighters of this game. please actually play the game to show your recent experiences, and please do not present them as facts as they can as much be attributed to your personal skill.

1. Stormcrows (55 ton clan mechs in general) have been removed from faction play for a few months as the scan scouting tonnage became 50.
2. there is no stormcrow with ecm. there is no sturdy clan medium with ecm.
the only thing you have run into with ecm is a shadow cat, and yes they can boat missiles, but they are nowhere near the tankiness of a griffin, bushwacker, or even clan mediums (except viper and ice ferret).

scouting games are fine in my opinion, the only thing truly dentrimental to your team is when one brings lrms. the new tech will probably favor the IS for a little while, while the skill tree might favor the clans.

#47 suit1337

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

View PostMistriever, on 09 May 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

It's all Huntsman and Novas to counter all the IS mediums...

Usually you see lots of Novas packed with SPL and SL riding at the edge of heat Limit - and you pretty much always go for the legs - it is the only way to bring lots of alpha damage without decreasing damage over time too much

#48 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:30 AM

View PostProject Tumbler, on 12 May 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

As for the Battlemaster, a multitude of reason give it priority over other assaults (IS wise). But yes, several Clan assaults are better i agree. That said, lets us hope the new introducion of the civil war give some balance behind them. To be fair, i'm tired of treating my Clan mechs as if they are made of paper (yes, I envy Inner Sphere mechs tankiness Posted Image )

And I've said repeatedly, it doesn't matter if one side has slots #2,3,4 and 5 in every weight category, if the other has #1. Because if you CAN meta it, eventually you all will. Because that's evolution in action.

#49 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

View PostYumoshiri, on 12 May 2017 - 03:17 AM, said:

haha, wow man. you're a textbook example of the forum fighters of this game. please actually play the game to show your recent experiences, and please do not present them as facts as they can as much be attributed to your personal skill.

1. Stormcrows (55 ton clan mechs in general) have been removed from faction play for a few months as the scan scouting tonnage became 50.
2. there is no stormcrow with ecm. there is no sturdy clan medium with ecm.
the only thing you have run into with ecm is a shadow cat, and yes they can boat missiles, but they are nowhere near the tankiness of a griffin, bushwacker, or even clan mediums (except viper and ice ferret).

scouting games are fine in my opinion, the only thing truly dentrimental to your team is when one brings lrms. the new tech will probably favor the IS for a little while, while the skill tree might favor the clans.

I said it was a year since I paid attention, not a year since I played.
I do actually generally pick my words carefully.

Now, if PGI were nice enough to give you filtering and such I might be able to tell you how many matches I played in that time.
But it's ~5K in current, and 1100 in archived. Which is odd, because last time I looked in archived it was >4K. Maybe it's a rolling value, for a year we'd be crossing the break I took when my mother-in-law dropped dead of a heart attack in my house.

And I'm even going to be more civil to you than you were to me, because I'm feeling generous and don't feel like making you reach for a dictionary to realise you've been insulted :)

When I picked my scout mech out, I was facing Streak Crows, usually under ECM cover.
So maybe that means they usually had 1 ECM light to cover them?
Didn't really matter.
Point was the decision tree for weapons load out came down to "SRMs" because range/DPS in scout means it's pretty much never anything but a murder ball.
Steak goes out because of the ECM cover
Therefore -> SRM6
ECM for me because -> Clan Streak.
Choices?
Minimal.
(Seriously, I got a match where I capped 8 points, and extracted, and took 0 damage, and did 0 damage, and I failed ot get the 80 match score for the event that was running. WTF?)

#50 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

View PostLTDominator, on 07 May 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

as long as claners are able to oneshot IS assaults clan is still superior. its super hard to fight clans even as a 12man group against pugs, you have to give 110% to beat the clans but then a 12man clan group showing up and you just get oneshoted and stomped. its not pgi's fault that most noobs who cant play the game joined clans while the most good players are IS loyalists playing mechwarrior games for decades. you think you be a good player if you can kill an IS player while pressing one button? i cant even laugh as hard as needed here...
first way to fix this. Stop putting paper for armor in your rear CT and my light mech with 32 alpha won't 1shot you. Second don't let my light mech get behind you. Third have teammates cover your add so we got get behind you....

#51 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:07 AM

4th don't drop in all slow assaults and make it easier for us to flank you..

#52 JKFletcher

• Pip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

View PostLTDominator, on 07 May 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

i got oneshoted so many times out of my battlemaster or mauler, btw jager, catapult or warhammer in 2 of 3 matches also lol. pinpoint on my sidetorso and the XL was blown away..

have you heard of torso twisting?

#53 raidarr

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

IS would have a much better time if it learned teamwork.

#54 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

Why? If the IS actually learned teamwork, then they would not have enough time to be the forum warriors they always wanted to be!

#55 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:41 AM

View PostJKFletcher, on 15 May 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

have you heard of torso twisting?

And how exactly does that help against PPFLD while being one-shotted? Or was this just the usual uber-pro knee-jerk reaction?

#56 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 16 May 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

And how exactly does that help against PPFLD while being one-shotted? Or was this just the usual uber-pro knee-jerk reaction?

"Why...didnt...you...DODGE!?" Piccalo DBZ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users