Things your afraid they will implement poorly or not at all.

99 replies to this topic

#21 Thayin

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

i hope they dont set armor to point for the front and back.
ie: your chest has 40 armor points. i hope its 40 for the front and a different and lower number for the back that way scouts and quick mechs can get kills on bigger slower heavy armor targets.

#22 SlavKatyusha

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostThayin, on 21 July 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

i hope they dont set armor to point for the front and back.
ie: your chest has 40 armor points. i hope its 40 for the front and a different and lower number for the back that way scouts and quick mechs can get kills on bigger slower heavy armor targets.

I do hope that will happen.

You know the words? Team Play. Team is there so you don't get your back burned,

#23 Thayin

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostCloneWarrior85, on 21 July 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

I do hope that will happen.

You know the words? Team Play. Team is there so you don't get your back burned,

ok that came out all wrong i have seen a buddy blasting a guy in the back in the beta just a few days ago and the guy didnt do anything about it like he just cept walking and shooting my buddies team not careing about the fact that he was lacing his buthole with a Med laser. so yes i agree with ya i want it to happen bc as of a few days ago it wasnt in the game.

#24 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

My hope is that, once the devs introduce contracting, they'll stick as closely to a mixture of the original and the 3055 contracting as possible. I want to see commanders forced to think before they bargain.

#25 MuffinTop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

I have a wait and see approach. Many here including the WOT refugees, have our complaints about that game as well as COD and other titles. I believe we all hope PGI and IGP don't make grievous decisions such as EA, WG,and Activision. For instance EA has already announced BF4, and like they have done in the past instead of fix a game, they just come out with a new one. BF3 sent me an email and asked me why I haven't played in months after bought it a rew months previously. I made it very clear that they need to clean up on players that are cheating,such as aimbot. I asked them to use google like I did, find the websites that sell these cheats, and shut them down. Since they have so much money at their disposal to promote BF3, from rappers such as The Game to various NFL players at their big promo either in NYC, or Los Angeles. I have not heard from them, and probably won't. I won't ever buy another BF title again, much less another COD.

#26 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostGraphite, on 21 July 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

I see you're pic, and raise you this one!

I'd raise you back but I'm too busy being a Community Mastah

Posted Image

#27 Rawne

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationZaragoza

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Inefficient game masters neglecting/avoiding abusive player punishment (shooting/blocking team mates deliberately, verbal abuse, forum bs etc).
Or punishing those who less deserve it to make "an example".
Well is more like im scared they will implement those two in a very efficient way.

#28 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

*ignoring all the grammar stuff*
i fear the maps wont be vast enough :)
i think if it is they should work on more after a while.

#29 Kumakichi

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,337 posts
  • LocationYoyodyne Propulsion Factory

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostRawne, on 21 July 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Inefficient game masters neglecting/avoiding abusive player punishment (shooting/blocking team mates deliberately, verbal abuse, forum bs etc).
Or punishing those who less deserve it to make "an example".
Well is more like im scared they will implement those two in a very efficient way.

Wow something bad happen to you in another game? I've seen some bad stuff but its difficult to avoid in some cases. Bad apples are.... well bad apples.

View PostJFlash49, on 21 July 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

*ignoring all the grammar stuff*
i fear the maps wont be vast enough :)
i think if it is they should work on more after a while.

From the sounds of things thats what they are hoping for too. They mentioned the next map would be like 4 times the size of the others and be a hot map. It would be great if they eventually have a dozen maps but maybe thats too tall an order.

#30 Galamere

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 13 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

I'm a bit worried about the light mechs, in the past I've loved running the little guys, dancing around the big boys and taking out specific systems with well placed fire before dodging away, however, in many of the games there just was no way to properly implement this, so after a time the light mech had no use (Mechcommander was an exception here, man that was fun :)) However, when I went to do something like that in WoT I was dead before I got a chance to make my first turn, usually due to arty that you cant see coming, or worse, the auto-target from right-clicking.

I understand that missles lock on, fine with that, and a lucky/skilled set of shots can take down a light/medium mech quite fast, I just dont want to see the one shot - one kill matches like I've had in other games (Uninstalled WoT when that happened about six matches in a row, be it arty or or the TD/Heavy that my 'scout' tank couldn't spot)

#31 Mr Crankypants

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Aus

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

View Postsakkaku, on 21 July 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Encouraging players to fill out all the roles. If everyone goes heavy/assault it will make trying to scout or hunt scouts pretty boring and may penalize you with long match waits.

I actually think this sort of thing might encourage diversity. If both teams pile on the Assault classes, one or two scout/electronic warfare mechs could make all the difference in the world. I plan on playing support almost constantly, been in love with the Catapult ever since I got into the Battletech universe, so was more than happy to become a founder :)

View PostKadreal, on 21 July 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Electronic warfare

This. I also adore the Raven and other tiny mechs that, through means other than sheer firepower, can completely change the course of battle.

Also, my own personal fears, rather than gameplay, is more about accessibility. I recently retired my gaming rig in favour of a laptop, and I'm extremely worried that, already having forked over $60 for a game that I have complete faith in, my computer won't be able to handle it...
Support for us Australian folk is also a concern. Stateside servers and stuff, yeah, it's not exactly comforting...

Edited by Luke Taylor, 21 July 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#32 Rainbow Punch

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Allowing each player time to pick mechs/loadouts (either allowing modifications or just picking from a list of working mechs) after the map is loaded.

As highlighted earlier, sufficient map size.

Most importantly, GM's present in the lobby from time to time, and a report function in matches that allows us to report members of either team (Exploit/unfair play, swearing, AFK and Team Damage - being the ones i would like to see) and allows us to write a small description of what happened. Actual investigations and smackdowns on exploit/bot use as nothing kills a game faster than letting these players run free.

#33 Haroldwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 233 posts
  • LocationKalispell, MT

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

The Mech Lab. The idea that they have that frames for the same mech are unique for each variant is NOT canon. There is nothing to indicate in the source books that a mech can't be stripped down to it's frame and rebuilt with anything there is space for. Right now here is only 1 Atlas variant that can mount an AMS, how strange is that. Any mech should be able to mount an AMS is space is available.

#34 Octavia Incendio

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationVatican

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

I agree with you guys. I want large maps and balance; I want a well-strategizing light mech to be able to wipe out a lesser-strategizing Atlus one-on-one. (It made sense in my head, hopefully it does written down).

#35 SUSTINET

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 116 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Relax, breathe deep. Not everyone is as uptight about spelling as you are. Some people just want to get an idea out there, correct grammar or not. Untie the tangled knot your panties are in, and come down off the pedestal. No one cares.

#36 Kumakichi

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostLuke Taylor, on 21 July 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

This. I also adore the Raven and other tiny mechs that, through means other than sheer firepower, can completely change the course of battle.

Seems like the mechanics are there but just wondering how they reward a scout for being a scout. I'm just not understanding how you can reward a light mech for making initial contact and providing radar feedback to your lance. Also for providing multiple radar tracking and ghost imaging. Seems like such a difficult thing to do.

#37 AEixilimar

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

If there is gonna be a store to buy your self like a new weapon and all I hope its something like TF2 where they give you a weapon but its not to good and its not to sucky, I want it just rite you know where its a special item, but doesn't giev you much

#38 l33tworks

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Im a bit worried about how the.call in strikes will work. Ive never had this in a mw, game and it just seems weird.

How does naval bombardment work on places not close to the sea our planets with no sea?

Orbital strike? if you have friendly satellites up there seems like no need to have line of sight to know where your enemies are.

hopefully they.are in just a few game modes.

#39 Kumakichi

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Postl33tworks, on 21 July 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

Im a bit worried about how the.call in strikes will work. Ive never had this in a mw, game and it just seems weird.

How does naval bombardment work on places not close to the sea our planets with no sea?

Orbital strike? if you have friendly satellites up there seems like no need to have line of sight to know where your enemies are.

hopefully they.are in just a few game modes.

I'm wondering the same thing. In Planetside if your rank was high enough you could call in an orbital strike that would just decimate an area but you could only do that once in awhile. I'd hate to be in a good battle only to die to a random strike called in by someone sitting back and playing with the commmander commands.

#40 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

hands

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users