Things your afraid they will implement poorly or not at all.

99 replies to this topic

#41 pseudolife

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

clantech, reading the forums and seeing post after post of, "why cant i have a madcat?" just saddens me. I feel like the only one who is actually excited about this game focusing on IS tech/politics (at least initially). maybe this is just me being old, but when i read posts about "how close is this game to mechassault", or "why do the mechs have hands" it bums me out, as every videogame company eventual succumbs to the whine of the masses, which usually results in the game being ruined.

#42 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

View Postpseudolife, on 21 July 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

clantech, reading the forums and seeing post after post of, "why cant i have a madcat?" just saddens me. I feel like the only one who is actually excited about this game focusing on IS tech/politics (at least initially). maybe this is just me being old, but when i read posts about "how close is this game to mechassault", or "why do the mechs have hands" it bums me out, as every videogame company eventual succumbs to the whine of the masses, which usually results in the game being ruined.

Oh, this statement reminds me of Blizzard. They can no longer put their foot down on anything after being assaulted by years of whining from entitled players and being pushed for more revenue by higher ups. :P

#43 Grey Weasel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationToledo,OH

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostGraphite, on 21 July 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I'm afraid they'll spell "you're" as "your".

Or "yore"? At least they're all proper spellings! I'm more worried they'll use "ur" and "yoar"...

#44 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostHaroldwolf, on 21 July 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Right now here is only 1 Atlas variant that can mount an AMS, how strange is that. Any mech should be able to mount an AMS is space is available.

Ummm. I think the Atlas is the only mech at all (confirmed) that has an AMS stock :P...I doubt it is the only varient that can have an AMS at all out of all the mechs :D

View Postpseudolife, on 21 July 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Nope, you are not the only one :D.
I dread the day that clan tech is given to players what so ever.

#45 JimmyRustler29

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

i agree with the maps conserns. also balancing will be a big issue for me. im really not interested in having an inferior machine intentionally thrown into a situation that skill cannot compensate for. yes i am another wot refugee and i hope to have this game replace it. but that will not happen if i end up in a mid class vehicle in a top class fight just because match maker decided i was too good at that mech. . .

also i would love to see longer game times. or a hardcore mode where battles take upwards of 30 minutes to complete due to either map size or damage or objectives.

also i fear the teamplay. as a wot refugee i am sick of personal gain play with no regard to team objective or strategy. in other words, mechs that do not go into battle simply because they dont want to get hurt. or mechs that get screwed over because they try to lead a tactical maneuver and get left out to dry by the teamates that are to cowardly to come out from behind their hidy hole.

so in short we will see

#46 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

id say alot of the fears here are pretty obvious and that i would not worrie to much about alot of them i think the devs will be all over the big ones.

End of line

#47 BlackFlag

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

I'm afraid them might not do ballistic weapon impacts/knockdowns correctly. A good physical punch to ballistic weapons will make them more terrifying to stand in front of, and the munchkin laser-boaters will run away in fear.

#48 Alex Novian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenburg, Taurian Concordat

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

1) Damage of weapons relative to each other. ac2 = 1/10 ac20 and 1/5 a PPC damage over a given length of time. Keep the the proper ratio and things will be fine.

2) the ability to communicate with your 'team' mates in game. VOIP

4) Urbanmech.

3) The Periphery worlds.

5) the Clans, the least of my worries.

#49 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostBlackFlag, on 21 July 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

I'm afraid them might not do ballistic weapon impacts/knockdowns correctly. A good physical punch to ballistic weapons will make them more terrifying to stand in front of, and the munchkin laser-boaters will run away in fear.

hmm black you make an interesting point. i had not thought about knock down with being hit by say like 2 gauss rifles. dont know if in the mech world that wepons do knock you down. i know in my reading that mechs do get unbalanced by loss of armor or an arm or weapon or if they are allready staggerd they can be knocked over with a shot or 2 but standing flat footed or in at least controlled motion i dont know.

maybe cockpit shake maybe? or aim thrown off?

End of line.

Edited by Alisyn Chaynes, 21 July 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#50 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

I think most of the people in this thread breaking NDA
Just saying just saying

#51 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostBluey, on 21 July 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

Just saying just saying

whos breaking the NDA i want them caught and shot right now!

#52 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Just saying just saying

Why would anyone playing beta be reading this thread? :P
I think if I was in beta I wouldn't even touch this board.

Unless of course someone is confused LOL....It happens

#53 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostShadowscythe, on 21 July 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Why would anyone playing beta be reading this thread? :P
I think if I was in beta I wouldn't even touch this board.

Unless of course someone is confused LOL....It happens

Oww they are not reading they are typing

#54 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

Just saying just saying

how would you know tho if any one was breaking the NDA unless you your self are in the beta? hmmm ? hmmm? :P

#55 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Just thought of something that is actually in game already that I don't like (seen in vids)
Taking fall damage from using your own jump jets.

I also haven't seen anyone jumping backwards or sideways :P

#56 Carebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

Well I expect everything is lacking to be honest. I just hope they keep improving and add content at fast pace. Glad if they prove me wrong.

Edited by Carebear, 21 July 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#57 Hot Rod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

2 words:

-> Destructible Environment

Tree's, Buildings, even Terrain

if i fire my large laser and move it from left to right i want to see the trees cut/burned.
if i fire an ac20 missing the opponent and hit a building i want to see it collapse or something.
if the commander is pulling an airstrike/arty/naval bombardment i want to see large terrain deformation..

all in all i'm just dreaming ^^

#58 Frostiken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostRiffleman, on 21 July 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

Personally I am worried the maps will be neglected overall, and they will be poor and with not much variety, or worse, make it so there are only one or two winning strategies per map, thus pigeon holeing you into a roll or weight class of mech you may be tired of playing on the same map over and over just to remain competative.

I will echo the OP and say that this is my concern as well.

Games back in the day used to release with dozens of maps. It's typical now to release multiplayer with four or five maps at most, and only trickle out a new one every six months or so. Given that of these usually only 20% of a game's map selection will actually be any good, means with only a handful of maps, you end up with players only wanting to play on one or two, which makes things incredibly dull.

#59 Xune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

yea my most concerns are about the Match-making, and even moreso when the Clans arrive.

#60 RainbowToh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 753 posts
  • LocationLittle Red Dot, SouthEastAsia

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostMuffinTop, on 21 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

I have a wait and see approach. Many here including the WOT refugees, have our complaints about that game as well as COD and other titles. I believe we all hope PGI and IGP don't make grievous decisions such as EA, WG,and Activision. For instance EA has already announced BF4, and like they have done in the past instead of fix a game, they just come out with a new one. BF3 sent me an email and asked me why I haven't played in months after bought it a rew months previously. I made it very clear that they need to clean up on players that are cheating,such as aimbot. I asked them to use google like I did, find the websites that sell these cheats, and shut them down. Since they have so much money at their disposal to promote BF3, from rappers such as The Game to various NFL players at their big promo either in NYC, or Los Angeles. I have not heard from them, and probably won't. I won't ever buy another BF title again, much less another COD.

You are playing on the PC right? I play BF3 on the ps3, and I think cheating isnt that big a problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users