Is Players Boycott Fw Event!

Balance

154 replies to this topic

#21 Drebin Cormack

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

View PostJingseng, on 08 May 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

So basically, people who didn't even qualify to go to the olympics should get gold medals and endorsements, people who outperform should get nothing?

Top in the league gets to go home and cry, last place team gets trophy and prize money?

Fastest horse gets crap, slowest nag gets the triple crown?

Wow, I just don't know what to say... Maybe if you let IS players use clan mechs and vice versa then you'd have a point. No one is trying to put gorillas up against humans in the Olympics.

#22 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:38 PM

View PostJingseng, on 08 May 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

The olympics is anything BUT a fair shot. Seriously.

Who do you thinks has more money to pour into prestige athletics (via coaching, support, training, equipment, infrastructure, etc.)...

America? Or The Gambia?

Exactly. Clan players get access to better equipment. Hence, the complaining from the IS side.

#23 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 08 May 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'm boycotting the system balance, I'm boycotting getting slaughtered every pug FW match and receiving little to no rewards for my time.

Everyone knows that the Clan takes home the cash during these events. With the system as unbalanced as it is, it should be the LOSERS that are paid enough to compensate them for their time. IS players receive little to no rewards for the actual matches that they play.

If you doubt me as a player, look up my stats. I'm not the best player, but I'm not the worst either. I'd say I'm slightly above average.

the system isnt as imbalanced as you would think, ya it says 80%Clan, but the Bar Lies,
Clan Score(70088) / Clan(70088) + IS Score(58929)(129017Total) = 54.3(54.3%)
so Clan is only winning by 8.6%, that also doesnt count where most Mercs are,

so your going to Boycott because of less that 10% with a 10% margin of Error,
um ok, but theirs not much of an imbalance in the Event, Clan doesnt always win, IS doesnt always Lose,

#24 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 08 May 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

Exactly. Clan players get access to better equipment. Hence, the complaining from the IS side.

I'm almost certain that if you took all the players playing on Clan side and put them all into IS mechs, the people complaining about losing would still be complaining about losing. Are there imbalances? Yes. Do you see EVIL and other good units currently in IS complaining? No. Are those groups feasting on clans just as much as they would feast on IS from clan side? Yes. Is Teamwork OP? Yes.

#25 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

If IS players can get over themselves, suck it up and bring meta mechs they can beat clans any day of the week. But see that's where IS sucks, not their mechs, but their refusal to bring meta mechs like the clans are willing to do. When a unit is willing to play together, communicate, come up with a plan and come up with semi-unified drop decks they they will stomp skittle special snowflake LRM potatoes into the ground where they belong.

You either find your proverbial testies or you stop making the game suck for everyone else. No your LRM, range bracket, mixed missile, MG, wonderbread special snowflake build does not get to compete with 12 full meta mode LPL+ERML MAD IICs.

#26 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 08 May 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

Title says it all. This is a call for all IS players to boycott the Tukayyid event. Send pgi a message.

Earn the rewards first. Then boycott the event. Posted Image

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 08 May 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

the system isnt as imbalanced as you would think, ya it says 80%Clan, but the Bar Lies,
Clan Score(70088) / Clan(70088) + IS Score(58929)(129017Total) = 54.3(54.3%)
so Clan is only winning by 8.6%, that also doesnt count where most Mercs are,

so your going to Boycott because of less that 10% with a 10% margin of Error,
um ok, but theirs not much of an imbalance in the Event, Clan doesnt always win, IS doesnt always Lose,

Why would 10% margin of error be acceptable? Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 08 May 2017 - 06:05 PM.

#27 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:04 PM

I kinda need 100+m C-bills now. You're not going to get it any quirker by any other method anytime soon.

Skill tree Future tech will still compete for your C-bills.

Edited by Deathlike, 08 May 2017 - 06:05 PM.

#28 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 818 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

what would break first. His spirit or his body.

#29 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 08 May 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

So why are you playing for the clan right now, Jade Falcon? Why not play for the IS?

Auto contract renewal. Nothing fancy, but if I were Inner Sphere, for sure I'd soldier on. The rewards are EZ PZ.

#30 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 May 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

factors unknown, its within 10%, but we also know more than a Couple Mercs went Smoke Jag,
so not knowing the spread of Mercs across the Event, im saying it'll be 10% Error Margin(as per past Tuks)

#31 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

I'm boycotting the system balance, I'm boycotting getting slaughtered every pug FW match and receiving little to no rewards for my time.

Everyone knows that the Clan takes home the cash during these events. With the system as unbalanced as it is, it should be the LOSERS that are paid enough to compensate them for their time. IS players receive little to no rewards for the actual matches that they play.

If you doubt me as a player, look up my stats. I'm not the best player, but I'm not the worst either. I'd say I'm slightly above average.

In the main challenge it would be hard for a CLAN unit to score top 3 places in IS houses. You have to be an inner sphere mech to get those prizes. Most of the personal lchallenges are not that easy but accumulating XP happens in all matches for both sides. For myself, I'm frustrated that my performance as a support mech does't give me more points since the big points are Kills and KMDD. There are too many siege games. we have like 4 hours of seige or more. That may be the only thing they need to change. For some reason I just can't get a hit on targets.

#32 Templar Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 May 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

If his 54.3% clan wins is correct........if 2.15% of the winning clanners switched to IS, it would be dead even.

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

View PostXetelian, on 08 May 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

Hmm...

Get 700 MC and 40 keys or boycott?

Pretty sure we're all going after those rewards, but as soon as I finish I'm not touching FW till the next event.

pretty much this. I am on an even more potato loaner than usual, so I can only run about 3 std length matches at a go before I risk overheating.... (or 1 full on FW match), but even though being on the guaranteed "Losing side" each and every day makes the rewards a whole lot less than what might be....

Meh.

Boycott is short sighted. Not playing provides no real data or telemetry to use. The lopsided nature of the actual play speaks more loudly than anything. All we can do is give em the data.

#34 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

I'm boycotting getting slaughtered every pug FW match

STOP PUGGING IN FW AND JOIN A GROUP!!!!

#35 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 08 May 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

factors unknown, its within 10%, but we also know more than a Couple Mercs went Smoke Jag,
so not knowing the spread of Mercs across the Event, im saying it'll be 10% Error Margin(as per past Tuks)

I'd accept that if IS had actually won any of the past Tuk events. But they hadn't. So faction balance is still inadequate in my view.

And as a person who had been following comp scene in League of Legends, a champion's 5% deviation from the middle bar tends to result in nerfs/buffs within the next few patches.

View PostTemplar Dane, on 08 May 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

If his 54.3% clan wins is correct........if 2.15% of the winning clanners switched to IS, it would be dead even.

Why would they switch sides, thus risking their faction ranking as well as daily MC/C-Bill rewards, as IS victory is not certain? And why are the winning teams generally prefer Clans rather than IS, for all three Tuk events, in the first place? It would be perfectly sensible to get BOTH Clan Tuk victory and IS Tuk victory banners if the units had participated in previous Tuk events, but they are still sticking with the Clans, for the third time. Remember, there will be no more Tuk event after this, so this is the last chance to grab "IS Tuk victory" banner--as no unit have both banners. Yet even such exclusivity doesn't entice many mercs to switch to IS.

Edited by El Bandito, 08 May 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#36 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 08 May 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

lol

Yeah! Screw you, PGI! You can keep all these awesome, easy to achieve rewards!!

I'd still be playing as the Inner Sphere, even if my win rate was 10%. What... you're telling everyone you're incapable of putting up a half decent match score, even in a loss?

Well I usually average about 5 points/game sometimes I don't get a shot of before I get killed by snipers.

#37 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 08 May 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Nah.

Seriously, just play Scouting if you really hate losing. The IS has a much higher success rate there.

I think I lost 2 out of the 8 scouting drops I've done so far, and one was because of a DC on our side.

so far a majority of my matches has been a fight at the dropzone and the IS loses. Invasion is so screwed up with technical problems, I had three mechs destroyed while in the drop prep. The timer goes from 29 to 0 then starts over. I think I'm cutting my faction time drastically after the event maybe one drop a week. I've already reported these to PGI tech support. I think the June patch was going to may changes to Faction play, I hope that means bug fixes.

#38 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostChound, on 08 May 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

Well I usually average about 5 points/game sometimes I don't get a shot of before I get killed by snipers.

Find a meat-shield to follow, Chound. Cover is your friend. Best of luck during the rest of the event.

#39 Templar Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 May 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

I'd accept that if IS had actually won any of the past Tuk events. But they hadn't. So faction balance is still inadequate in my view.

And as a person who had been following comp scene in League of Legends, a champion's 5% deviation from the middle bar tends to result in nerfs/buffs within the next few patches.

Why would they switch sides, thus risking their faction ranking as well as daily MC/C-Bill rewards, as IS victory is not certain? And why are the winning teams generally prefer Clans rather than IS, for all three Tuk events, in the first place? It would be perfectly sensible to get BOTH Clan Tuk victory and IS Tuk victory banners if the units had participated in previous Tuk events, but they are still sticking with the Clans, for the third time. Remember, there will be no more Tuk event after this, so this is the last chance to grab "IS Tuk victory" banner--as no unit have both banners. Yet even such exclusivity doesn't entice many mercs to switch to IS.

Because they wanted shorter wait times and to not have to fight each other. Most of them would rather stomp pugs than risk a possible loss against another organized group.

#40 Haldricht

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSunbury, OH

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

With a sample size of 130k matches and counting, the margin of error is effectively 0% with 100% confidence in the existence of a disparity. When I last checked, the margin of victory was 11453, or 8.76%, when measured in wins. The balance issues are real. Both sides have their chat-refusing PUGs and their top coordinated units. Both sides have their meta adherents, special snowflakes, and trial plebs. The percentage of players in each category for both Clans and IS will be essentially equal over that large of a sample size.

Clans have far more available weight and crit spaces for offense and speed, which provides the best possible basis for a game that heavily favors PPFLD. On top of that, their weapons are lighter, smaller, have better range, and do more damage. They're objectively better- the numbers do not lie. They're fighting with a 25-ton drop deck disadvantage and the current quirk system intact and they're still winning by a convincing margin.

I can't see any statistical reason to choose IS over Clan under the current conditions. The general consensus is the reblance and new skill tree will kick new players and IS players in the teeth, so I don't see it getting better soon. That said, I don't believe that Clan mechs or tech need nerfed, the drop decks just need rebalanced to provide more equal odds in FP.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users