Is Players Boycott Fw Event!

Balance

154 replies to this topic

#41 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

Despite IS getting it's collective bottoms rekt by Smoke Jaguar mostly, the rewards alone are enough for me to bite my lip and suck up the constant reamings we're getting and continue playing.

So is Smoke Jaguar gonna apply the lube now or later?

#42 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

Day what is it three or four of IS rookies talking about items, they know nothing about.
As one poster tried to tell you op several merc units went clan smoke jaguar. Now if you bothered to open your bloody eyes you would have noticed the highest score among the clans is wait for it clan smoke jaguar. Without the mercs I highly doubt we would be destroying IS like this. It would be either in favor of IS, or darn close to even.

#43 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:19 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 May 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

I'd accept that if IS had actually won any of the past Tuk events. But they hadn't. So faction balance is still inadequate in my view.

And as a person who had been following comp scene in League of Legends, a champion's 5% deviation from the middle bar tends to result in nerfs/buffs within the next few patches.

League of Legends also tend to balance from the Top down, and not potato up. There are champions that are absolutely broken in Wood tier, that Challenger+ will not touch. PGI seems to attempt to balance the other way

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 08 May 2017 - 07:20 PM.

#44 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

Hello all,

Played four matches with my unit of three this afternoon on the IS side, siege and assault. We finished 2/2 and the losses were very close. It could have well been 0/4 had we lost our mojo after being down by 4-5 mechs at one point in every match. Folks, ya just gotta keep fighting. The Clans have an advantage, that's true, and going up against a pre-made dozen usually ends poorly for IS, but I believe we can still win enough to make it enjoyable, if not particularly profitable. Unfortunately I won't have time to complete the final challenges but if nothing else, the past few days of the stomp fest have made be a better player (Yukon Gold instead of big Idaho potato now, lol)

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 08 May 2017 - 07:33 PM.

#45 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:36 PM

View PostAgent1190, on 08 May 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

STOP PUGGING IN FW AND JOIN A GROUP!!!!

while I don't agree with the OP, not only is that not always viable an option, it is a poorly planned event that allows you to drop as PUGs if you can "only succeed" in a group.

Since they caved to letting PUGlies into FW to begin with, they should then also have made it more viable to PUG in it. Or better yet, not have let PUGs in in the first place, but kept it as the unit on unit hard mode it was meant to be.

#46 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

Don't boycott the event.

Start blue-beaming your way to victory. Forget any other weapons except PPCs, if you can hack it, and maybe SRMs.

#47 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 08 May 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

League of Legends also tend to balance from the Top down, and not potato up. There are champions that are absolutely broken in Wood tier, that Challenger+ will not touch. PGI seems to attempt to balance the other way

I concur. Which is probably why MWO comp scene is filled with Clans mechs, but PGI is not doing anything about it.

View PostTemplar Dane, on 08 May 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Because they wanted shorter wait times and to not have to fight each other. Most of them would rather stomp pugs than risk a possible loss against another organized group.

Then you do not make any sense, because IS gets instant-drops in this event, while Clanners are waiting several minutes. I checked with KCom.

#48 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

Man just play your game.
PGI is blind, mute and tone deaf.
Might well get those those freebies.
"Bekause programmins iz hardz."

Edited by Novakaine, 08 May 2017 - 08:15 PM.

#49 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:31 PM

I boycotted 1 bucket long before this event Posted Image

Edited by Monkey Lover, 08 May 2017 - 09:31 PM.

#50 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,060 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:34 PM

why? the prizes are sweet and its the same ol fp as its always been. just with shorter wait times and a larger potato to premade ratio than usual.

#51 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:39 PM

Why advertise the Factions on the website when the only thing that matters is merc? I mean Merc just saps the talent away from active units. I wonder if Loyalists stop playing all will be merc? Sounds pretty parasitic to me. It doesn't really feel like Faction warfare anymore it's more like Free play 2.0 with better rewards. Mercs shouldn't be able to own planets in my honest opinion or reap mc benefits from holding planets but Idk that's just me brainstorming.

If you want faction warfare encourage and support Factions? aka loyalists? I guess that's too simple.

Edited by Timuroslav, 08 May 2017 - 08:40 PM.

#52 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

I agree with Bishop Steiner, Novakaine, and the others who urge you to keep fighting. Use the prize money to buy strong mechs, weapons, and modules to do better in future fights. Use the losses to try to learn something you can use or practice to do better next time.

#53 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostMagnus Santini, on 08 May 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

I agree with Bishop Steiner, Novakaine, and the others who urge you to keep fighting. Use the prize money to buy strong mechs, weapons, and modules to do better in future fights. Use the losses to try to learn something you can use or practice to do better next time.

Or they can simply join the Clans for easier time, earning more prizes, all the while getting better. :P

Edited by El Bandito, 08 May 2017 - 08:48 PM.

#54 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:04 PM

Just got Clan, the mercs are clan so follow the mercs that's apparently how you make good mc. Follow the wins loyalty means nothing anyway, you just get punished for it. Be sure to join Merc Star and 228IBR.

Edited by Timuroslav, 08 May 2017 - 09:05 PM.

#55 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

MS and 228th are both currently IS.

#56 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

I pug in FP and still have a positive W/L ratio.

#57 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:10 PM

View PostMOBAjobg, on 08 May 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

I pug in FP and still have a positive W/L ratio.

You're a clanner.

#58 Ten Roos

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

View PostGrimRiver, on 08 May 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

Despite IS getting it's collective bottoms rekt by Smoke Jaguar mostly, the rewards alone are enough for me to bite my lip and suck up the constant reamings we're getting and continue playing.

So is Smoke Jaguar gonna apply the lube now or later?

Rewards worth it? Admittedly I have fallen for the doing the event (have like 1500 game score to go.. which being IS is like 10 games). But Rewards enough... why not just spend $10 and get the rewards (btw $10 was a total pluck... anyone actually worked out what the rewards are in $?)

#59 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

El Bandito was supposed to put MS on the first jumpship out but he must have booked United Spacelines and they were overbooked.

#60 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

The simple fact is if you get one or two experienced faction players in your group and the rest listen to the call then you have a good chance of winning.

Hell I dropped as the clan pug with 8 from one guild and they(we) got whipped attacking boreal against a IS group from all different guilds. The IS group setup well defensively and simply traded better on very hard map to attack on, even for clan mechs.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users