So How 'bout We Revisit This....

22 replies to this topic

#21 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:56 AM

View PostValhallan, on 10 May 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

In here? who knows Posted Image , in TT it was handled with a points system (BV). Clan tech was better but it cost significantly more, a clan mech costed around 2x the cost of an IS mech, mebbe 1.7x or so if both are mix-maxing. a scrow is definitely better than a griffin, but what if that scrow was fighting 2 griffs? or a griff and a cicada? a fatlas/banshee? or even just a fattlemaster? its not as clear-cut then especially if fighting multiple mechs because you can get outmaneuvered and expose your rear. (cue mystere stumping for Clan star vs IS company combat, 5v12)

Now clans dropdecks have what, 5? 10% less tons? In case of mixed dropdecks clan mechs can have x1.1 tonnage multiplier, so you can take 265t of IS mecks, or a little bit less tonns, if you throw in clan mechs.
But i king of like current IS vs Clans CW. Yes, ballance may be a little bit off, but still it's more interesting to have asimetrical ballance with different tech on different sides.

#22 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:16 AM

So far I've seen no evidence that the new tech will be stronger than the current tech, so there is no reason to expect the timeline jump will improve faction balance at all.

The skill tree if implemented close to last PTS will make faction balance a lot worse too, since it removes quirks without any reason.

So on paper, the upcoming changes are a nerf to IS. But of course it could be that the new IS tech will actually be balanced against clan tech, LFE being as good as Clan XL and so on, in that case it could make a difference. But what I expect is for it to be balanced against existing IS tech and make no difference in power level.

#23 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:59 AM

I'll be honest, I'm having a hell of a time. I'm in a great unit, but we're pretty informal, so I've not had a chance to drop with a group. it's been mainly pugs, and it's been lots of fun. I mean, lots. I've played this game for several years, and I've kind of avoided FW mainly because of the time it takes to find a match. This has been quick though....I don't think I've waited more than 3-4 minutes to drop all week. Been enjoying it thoroughly. And to be honest, it's been very competitive. The IS seems to be doing pretty good overall, but the metrics that determine how the bar moves just appears to be misrepresenting the process.

All in all, the basic clan advantage isn't really that huge. They got range, they've got lighter weapons, and probably most telling is they have the XL advantage, even with the nerfs to it. However, they pay for it with heat, burn time and ACs that burst fire. We'll see how things shake out a few months from now. I imagine, after the new equipment drops and they get a clearer idea how it affects things, we'll see some selective quirks come back for some mechs at least.

Here's hoping anyway.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users