34 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

PGI needs to set hard merc limits and control them....

Fact is looking at the leader boards 2 of the 3 top factions are IS, as said before if Clan was truly over the top over powered.....all the Clans would be blowing the scores out of the water.

Just saying people, look at more than just the tug of war bar....

Edited by CK16, 09 May 2017 - 03:05 PM.

#2 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,792 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostCK16, on 09 May 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Fact is looking at the leader boards 2 of the 3 top factions are IS, as said before if Clan was truly over the top over powered.....

Except those leaderboards are worthless at judging tech balance just like looking at the win metric of the QP leaderboards by itself is worthless (I mean, that is like saying Johnny Z is a great pilot because he was near the top of the win leaderboards a few times).

#3 Templar Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Would also have to limit loyalists as well. It would come down to which side could put up the most organized groups of 12.

#4 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 09 May 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Except those leaderboards are worthless at judging tech balance just like looking at the win metric of the QP leaderboards by itself is worthless (I mean, that is like saying Johnny Z is a great pilot because he was near the top of the win leaderboards a few times).

+1 for shots fired

#5 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

Also IS mechs "many choices , most bad for CW" and clans "few choices but 75% viable" , now add a lot of casual players drawn by rewards and we see the choices they make... not even touching player skill, on both sides.

#6 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

The universe is vast. You can't artificially install a faction player count cap and expect things to change.

If you did, it would cause units to be forcibly split.

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

IDK what Tukayyid really shows.....

But when you get a drop with an IS CN9 running 64 kph w/2x LRM5..... Or an Urbanmech....

*sigh*

Frikking HBK and Nova Laservomit make a tough enough nut to crack, without your own skittles being plug stupid to boot.

Will say, out of my whopping...7 Scout Wins? It was pretty much a 3man vs Clan Skittles each time... though the last one was us being too light to fight effectively and just holding em off long enough to get to the choppah.

Of course, when you actually play the objective, you get rank buttcheese for XP, CBills and general rewards.

Yay.

View PostNik Reaper, on 09 May 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

Also IS mechs "many choices , most bad for CW" and clans "few choices but 75% viable" , now add a lot of casual players drawn by rewards and we see the choices they make... not even touching player skill, on both sides.

Yeah, can't argue this one. Is feeling a bit like iOS (few choices, but everything just works)vs Windows (choices... but most bad, or incompatible with each other).... where the heck is Linux represented?????

#8 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 May 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

Yeah, can't argue this one. Is feeling a bit like iOS (few choices, but everything just works)vs Windows (choices... but most bad, or incompatible with each other).... where the heck is Linux represented?????

Linux = Comstar

They're both mostly unseen. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 09 May 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#9 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 May 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

But when you get a drop with an IS CN9 running 64 kph w/2x LRM5..... Or an Urbanmech....

I'd forgive an urbanmech, so long it was built and played right. :P

I would have ran 3x Urbanmech + King Crab in my drop deck for the lulz. See where my skills take me. :)

#10 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

I have been running two "good" mechs and too meta mechs.

HGN IIC and MLX being the "good" ones and i still cannot fail against most of the trash i see on the battlefield. PGI needs to get some vet to makes HOW TO MECHLAB videos or something.

Its strange out there, keep a light on.

#11 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostTemplar Dane, on 09 May 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Would also have to limit loyalists as well. It would come down to which side could put up the most organized groups of 12.

INCORRECT!

It comes down to which side puts up the least potatoes piloting milk crates with machine-guns. The side with the least number of steering-wheel under-hive window lickers driving tuk-tuks with flamers wins in this type of sheer numbers game-mode.

#12 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 09 May 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

I was in two FP matches with Johnny Z (on the same team no less). Those matches were won, but it wouldn't have made a difference if a T5 potato replaced him.

This is where blackouts and dartboards of balance merge as one.

#13 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostCK16, on 09 May 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Just saying people, look at more than just the tug of war bar....

I kind of agree. I've been in lots of random pug FW drops, and they are usually horrible as hell, and i would say that the biggest barrier is skills and coordination, not just tech. I mean IS can win over Clan in a match by being superior at skill and/or coordination.

Still, the logs can't be ignored. That means there's still higher chance of success in Clan than in IS, if even terrible Clan pugs against terrible IS pugs, Clan usually wins.

STATISTICS *****!!!

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 09 May 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

I'd forgive an urbanmech, so long it was built and played right. Posted Image

I would have ran 3x Urbanmech + King Crab in my drop deck for the lulz. See where my skills take me. Posted Image

I love Urbanmechs. But at least until Rotaries, HMGs or Snubnose PPC arrive? No place in scouting.

View PostDeathlike, on 09 May 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

but it wouldn't have made a difference if a T5 potato replaced him.

there's a difference?

#15 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 09 May 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

INCORRECT!

It comes down to which side puts up the least potatoes piloting milk crates with machine-guns. The side with the least number of steering-wheel under-hive window lickers driving tuk-tuks with flamers wins in this type of sheer numbers game-mode.

I would rather be on a team of 12 on comms with a drop caller than 12 complete strangers all arguing about the right strategy, bringing rubbish fits and being rubbish in general.

At least the 12 who listen actually stay with the team.........or get kicked from the group and then have to risk the puggening.

#16 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

No. It shows that IS should have XL engines that don't explode when 1 st goes and should have an added 100-200 meter range boost on their energy weapons.

#17 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 May 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

I love Urbanmechs. But at least until Rotaries, HMGs or Snubnose PPC arrive? No place in scouting.

I honestly wouldn't rely on RACs on scouting. Jesus, those brawlers would just rip you apart in an alpha. Should you survive long enough, the Jam won't be kind. :P

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 09 May 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

I honestly wouldn't rely on RACs on scouting. Jesus, those brawlers would just rip you apart in an alpha. Should you survive long enough, the Jam won't be kind. Posted Image

really hard to tell that til we have them. And you need more than just a nice alpha in scouting, you need to be able to maintain DPS or you get ripped to shreds.

#19 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

What it shows us OP is that yet again IS pugs continue to have an aversion to team work and it doesn't help that many IS pugs don't play FW and are now in the deep end of the pool and all they have is their hand made kiddy floaters.

Not to mention Clan House Davion keeps their special brand of Kool aid flowing, actively stunting the intelligence of all who drink from their sippy cup.

#20 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:30 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 May 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

really hard to tell that til we have them. And you need more than just a nice alpha in scouting, you need to be able to maintain DPS or you get ripped to shreds.

Sure, but considering the jamming, hell i don't even bring UACs. But yeah lets wait.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users