ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 14 May 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

I don't travel much, especially to the west coast, so doubt that would happen anytime soon.

Don't care much about impressing--especially with how you have been acting in various threads as of late. There are things certain users can get away with on the forums that other users can't. I'll leave it at that. I'm done with this conversation. Have a great whatever is left of wherever you're at.

Yeah sounds awesome. Also, maybe invest in a mirror when it comes to behavior. But yeah. I was actually done with this long ago, but just curious how low you would drag it. Now I know.

Enjoy.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 14 May 2017 - 07:25 PM.

#42 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

With the group tonnage limits in play instead of 3/3/3/3 this system will never happen anyway. 1.5 years and this place will be pretty much a ghost town. More so than it already is.

Not saying MWO will die but I'll be playing MW5 and the crusade for the Mad Cat MK II has already started for that baby! Of course in the form of DLC that you can only access after completing a certain amount of the MW5 game. Since we don't know how it will play out yet that is the only way I can see the game staying true to itself while still allowing people to play their SINGLE PLAYER game the way they enjoy most!

Edited by Imperius, 14 May 2017 - 08:15 PM.

#43 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

The map voting feature was bad enough.

Now some of you want the ability to always choose hot mechs for the cold maps and cold mechs for hot maps and splat mechs for the cities and LRM boats for the country and poptarts for the canyons?

Some of the ideas suggested on this forum are so abominable, I can appreciate why PGI largely ignores it. I would too.

#44 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

Welcome to MWO

Goodluck and have fun! (o.o)7

Remember this important tip: Learn to torso-twist.

#45 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 14 May 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

The map voting feature was bad enough.

Now some of you want the ability to always choose hot mechs for the cold maps and cold mechs for hot maps and splat mechs for the cities and LRM boats for the country and poptarts for the canyons?

Some of the ideas suggested on this forum are so abominable, I can appreciate why PGI largely ignores it. I would too.

I never asked for map voting, but I assume those who did asked for it because at least you can vote the cold map if you build is hot.

It's backwards but the real problem is ghost heat and the heat scale were always wrong.

#46 Dollar Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 210 posts
  • LocationLost in the Skill Maze.

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:03 AM

View PostxSleeZyx, on 14 May 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

When it comes to laptops. i7 is actually alot better.
Due i5 is just 2 logical cores, where'as i7 is 4 cores.

The same is not true for standalone computer however.
But for laptops i7 will perform better than i5.

I personally run mwo decently around 40-45 fps on low on my old laptop.
i7 3610qm / nvidia 640m le / 6 gb ram / ssd.
So a decent laptop with the newest i7 and a decent graphics card in 960+ range should be sufficent.
Or if you got tons of money to spend and just NEED a laptop, i'd go a step up higher and just buy a gaming laptop with the newest nvidia gtx tech. Bulkier laptops though but it's good for new games. But you will pay almost the double the cost if u were to just buy a standalone computer and build it yourself.

for say 1000$ you'll get much better computer standalone than an laptop. Espeially if you worry about gaming performance.

Games generally only use 1 to 2 cores of a CPU. 2 of the 4 cores of an i7 are never used when gaming and sit idle if just the game is running (check the 'CPU Performance' tab under 'Task Manager' while running the game to see what I'm talking about.) However, if you ever plan on streaming you game, like on Twitch, then the i7 is a must have, and a desktop system is highly recommended.

The i7 has a higher clock speed, but you only get about a few more frames per second over the i5 that you can't really notice from the speed boost, like 72 fps vs 75 fps. Not worth the extra $100 that could have been spent on a better GPU, which will give you a higher frame rate that can more than make up the small fps difference. What matters the most, ether laptop or desktop, is the GPU for gaming.

I recommend the i5 because it has 2 physical cores at minimum (all you need for gaming), or 2 physical cores plus 2 virtual cores at max in its higher forms (I think the top has 4 physical cores with no hyper threading.)

Edited by Dollar Bill, 15 May 2017 - 02:08 AM.

#47 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostDollar Bill, on 15 May 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:

Games generally only use 1 to 2 cores of a CPU. 2 of the 4 cores of an i7 are never used when gaming and sit idle if just the game is running (check the 'CPU Performance' tab under 'Task Manager' while running the game to see what I'm talking about.) However, if you ever plan on streaming you game, like on Twitch, then the i7 is a must have, and a desktop system is highly recommended.

The i7 has a higher clock speed, but you only get about a few more frames per second over the i5 that you can't really notice from the speed boost, like 72 fps vs 75 fps. Not worth the extra $100 that could have been spent on a better GPU, which will give you a higher frame rate that can more than make up the small fps difference. What matters the most, ether laptop or desktop, is the GPU for gaming.

I recommend the i5 because it has 2 physical cores at minimum (all you need for gaming), or 2 physical cores plus 2 virtual cores at max in its higher forms (I think the top has 4 physical cores with no hyper threading.)

I agree and disagree at the same time.

Take a look at these older review/comparisions.
https://www.notebook...or.72681.0.html my current

The same yearline i5:
https://www.notebook...or.74458.0.html

Aswell if you check the benchmarks on my I7 3610qm it even beats the newest laptop i5s in benchmarks yet my cpu is realy old.

Tho i do agree that GPU is very important aswell, but when it comes to laptops CPU is abit alluring.
Most newer games these days do utilise 4 cores usualy.

And the price diffrence in the laptops is not that much when it comes to the CPUs.

Granted i was lucky and got my laptop on a sale, for 650$
There was also another with exact same specs as my except it had i5 3210 instead of the i7 For 550$
Aswell as no blueray and 1600 screen instead of full 1920.
So the choise is quite easy there in my opinion.

But this was like 5-6 years ago... And my CPU is still holding up vs most games, my GFX card however does not. ^^

Edited by xSleeZyx, 15 May 2017 - 03:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users