Why The Skill Tree?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sharkomodo

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:52 AM

237 nodes? I now have to purchase multiple copies of the same mech if I want to change gun loads instead of just swapping modules? I have monetarily supported this game for years but this change has officially killed whatever remaining desire I have to play it. I have over 230 mechs, and exactly ZERO desire to wander through a rambling skill tree to optimize them all. I can't imagine why you guys think this is a good idea.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostSharkomodo, on 15 May 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

237 nodes? I now have to purchase multiple copies of the same mech if I want to change gun loads instead of just swapping modules? I have monetarily supported this game for years but this change has officially killed whatever remaining desire I have to play it. I have over 230 mechs, and exactly ZERO desire to wander through a rambling skill tree to optimize them all. I can't imagine why you guys think this is a good idea.

if you are just swapping weapons and want the perks you did not unlock you can deselect a few of the current skills and select new skills.
there are 6 missile specific nodes, 4 laser specific nodes, 2 gauss charge nodes, 2 Balistic ammo capacity nodes, 2 UAC jam chance reduction node and 2 LBX spread reduction nodes. all other weapon nodes can be useful to all weapons, so refitting from missiles to UACs as your primary weapon will cost you 180k cbills and 32k xp.

as for the ammount of clicking, it takes maybe 5-10 minutes to skill a Mech, multiply that bp 230 Mechs and it is a long time, however if you just skill up the Mech you are currently playing rather than spending 19-40 hours skilling them all in one go it will seem a lot less troublesome.

I will probably spend a few hours tommorow and/or wednesday getting my 20 or so "go-to Mechs" skilled, then I will do the other 80 or so I use occaisionaly over the next few months as and when I want to use them, and probably sell off most of the 120+ which I never use.
on the plus side selling the excess off means I will probably have about 160 spare Mechbays, and plenty of cbills for Light Fusion Engines by the time I am done.

edit:
you do realise you cannot take all 237 nodes at the same time right? while there is nothing stopping you from unlocking them all each Mech can only have 91 nodes active at a time.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 15 May 2017 - 10:58 AM.

#3 Syn Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

i stayed in here during that crappy long tom stealing our kills. i stayed in here through all kind of sh... - but that skill tree is too much. i dont even want to bother with any kind of MORE skill. tell those MMO dudes to GTFO and stay away from a first person shooter.

that and any kind of omnimech feature is totally wasted by adding that dope dream of "oh, its gonna increase peoples bonding with mechs". like what ? it actually DECREASES my bonding with my golden warhawk.

to quote some dude from north america freely:

read
my
finger

#4 codynyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 321 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationda Bronx

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

I agree I have ZERO desire to go through the BS skill trees im just going to do my drop deck mechs thats it. And the only reason im doing that is because i enjoy playing with my friends. After MWO Founders Fiasco I swore i would NEVER EVER back a game again. this skill tree bs is really just too much...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users