Patch Notes - 1.4.115 - 16-May-2017

953 replies to this topic

#81 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

I doubt that I will have everything that I have now. Can I take Cool run and Seismic, LPL cooldown and ML range and Radar Deprivation???

#82 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:58 PM

View PostCub, on 15 May 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

Hmmm....brain dead moron blindly following a dictator that wields power like a raging toddler. Makes sense, lolPosted Image

[Redacted, please keep politics out of this!]

Edited by Zoeff, 16 May 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#83 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:11 AM

Will be fun trying outfor sure!

I'm just beginning to understand the logic behind removal and/or decrease of IS Offensive Quirks, to establish a baseline.

I'm also in understanding of the Engine Desync, however, it seems somewhat flawed.

For example, the notoriously easy to kill King Crab, lost it's +25%/35% Torso Yaw Speed, which has not been compensated for in the inherent mobility stats, which means it now aims as slow as an Atlas. (and every other 100 tonner)

This quirk was one of the only things that made this walking bulls eye dart board somewhat useable.

Along with the offensive quirks, which also have been decreased by most, this chassis is totally left in the dark. It must have been over-performing by far to receive this kind of punishment.

#84 Kotev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:13 AM

Can someone explain to me Skeletal Density and Armor Hardening i'm no good at math but this seems to low. Can someone tell me how much armor and structure 100t Atlas will get at max buff

#85 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:18 AM

View PostDeeHawk, on 16 May 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

Along with the offensive quirks, which also have been decreased by most, this chassis is totally left in the dark.

Don't worry! Most of IS chassis were left totally in the dark.
You can always use buffed clan mechs, though.

#86 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:31 AM

View PostNimnul, on 15 May 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

I doubt that I will have everything that I have now. Can I take Cool run and Seismic, LPL cooldown and ML range and Radar Deprivation???

That is exactly the point of the skill tree. Give and Take. You have to GIVE up some effects to TAKE specialization in something else. I'd recommend you read the ENTIRE post, and the Q&A from a few days ago, to catch up on the enormous amount of thoughts they put behind these decisions.

View PostKmieciu, on 16 May 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

Don't worry! Most of IS chassis were left totally in the dark.
You can always use buffed clan mechs, though.

You're right, but this one really caught my eye.
There will surely be some rebalancing, but for now, I guess we all play clan.

#87 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:39 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 15 May 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

Hey, have you switched over to the new standalone Portal yet? It may solve your standalone woes.
Info here: https://mwomercs.com...launcher-portal

If you're having those problems with the new Portal, please send off a ticket to Tech support if you haven't yet. Can't find any submitted tickets from your connected address regarding patching issues in our support history.
Bobby should be able to get you sorted out and running smoothly

Wow, I did. Even more clicks now to even start the fracking game.
1. click on Portal
2. click on Play
3. clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick to make the stupid intro for the other launcher (WTF?!?!) go away.
4. after password, click again.
5. when finally in game, klick on the in-game ad-screen "dismiss" to finally be able to navigate the menues at least.

This should see a serious rework, as it also annoys the hell out of me (and probably others) after a disconnect or client crash.

Suggestion:
- Portal with all the self-advertisement you want to throw at us, including the necessary partnership credentials if any.
- Select Live or PTS (remember last selection!)
- click play.
- be able to play immediately (i.e. selection of quick or faction play) after loading time without crappy annyoing videos and such.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 16 May 2017 - 12:40 AM.

#88 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:41 AM

yep, patch goes live
FP dies
QP becomes Clan Warrior Online
we all wait 4 weeks to see what they do with the energy weapon overhaul
we wait another 4 weeks for the Civil War update

#89 BarmazelselRS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:41 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 15 May 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

I for one am super stoked for this release.

They resolved most of the issues I had with it, especially in the firepower tree. My only gripe is in the one tree where you are forced to gate through crap like hill climb, but I can live with that and hope they change that in future.

One I saw they snuck in without much fanfare was this:
"Game Modes can now be weighted by our event staff for selection in the voting screen, enabling greater flexibility and reliability for any mode-specific Events." This is great, so they can now weight new game modes for events when they do arrive. Jipee.

Finally, getting the Clan Diamond Shark Emblem just made my day, I was honestly expecting those to only ship with Civil War. So big thanks for that.

The recent approach of telling people why you are doing things is great and I hope you will keep that up. As well as the progres shares such as the CW mech previews.

So many of my IS mechs are losing their offensive quirks, you know what I am happy about that, it allows me more freedom to run it with the weapons I want without feeling like I am missing out on its true potential (even though I usually just ignore those anyway).

Can't wait to start tinkering with this tomorrow night as the update will kill my (CET time) prime play time tonight. So much to play with, jipeee Posted Image
(maybe give all players a day premium time for the big down time (just a suggestion))

[redacted] Everyone is made the same. Everything is done the same - and you are happy and you say thank you.

Edited by Tina Benoit, 16 May 2017 - 03:54 PM.
nonconstructive

#90 Jubblator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:55 AM

This looks GREAT! I have been waiting so long for this to launch! Thanks a lot Devs!!! Looking forward to playing around with the new systems =)
Great work!

#91 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:56 AM

C-Bills
MC
SP
GSP
HSP
XP
GXP
HXP

You weren't able to find an more complicated way to implement the skill tree?

#92 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:04 AM

Well, THIS IS HUGE!
So I read whole patchnotes, checked quirks, made some rough calculations on skill nodes...the result?
I REALLY REALLY like this patch. It may bring some balance problems for users of old meta, but it will also bring some new solutions (expecially for IS) on the battlefield.
One of the most enjoyable change is ammo expansion nodes (Mag. Cap. & Miss. Rack). Many mechs that had ammo starvation just because you REALLY NEEDED THAT SLOT TO GET A FF ARMOR will have their ammo shortage problem fixed (IS lights like commandos or mediums like cicada-3M).
General heat gen nodes & velocity quirks might also help for diversity of builds (which is also great, since IS cannot stack similar weapons as good as clanners can).
Many mechs retain all the necessary(!) quirks and with proper skill node investment will actually be pretty strong after the patch (like CDA-3M, PHX).
The only really questionable node tree is a "survival" one. I don't really understand whether there will be any point in using structure bonus instead of armor or not.
I'm also very happy to see that engine size and mobility are unlinked after all. Maybe now IS will actually use STD engines over XL ones? Well, at least there will be a point of doing so now.
It's also great to see Victor able to use SRM's properly (Hello my faster and smaller brother of Atlas?).

As the conclusion - this patch is GREAT, it solves A LOT OF PROBLEMS and brings alot of new possibilities!
Thx PGI, finally a patch we need!

#93 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:08 AM

Base-level balance is the focus of what we are working towards.

Level of disconnect between words and action: Flat-earth believer.

Edited by Kalleballe, 16 May 2017 - 01:09 AM.

#94 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:18 AM

View PostKalleballe, on 16 May 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

level of disconnect between logic and your belief: near-infinite.

#95 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:23 AM

Hey, somebody from PGI,

Don't you think its about time we remove this little diamond? It doesn't provide any useful information at all, it just adds clutter.

Posted Image

#96 X Player

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:25 AM

Thank you very much, I am looking forward to kicking some nerfed IS guys around in my now overquirked Clan Omnis. Very well thought out, that idea of killing all (not really, but you know what I mean) of the carefully established quirks for all of the IS 'Mechs.
The balance is going to be even more of a nightmare when this patch really goes live. Mobility quirks, integrating these into the base stats is fine, but why do you feel like the weapon quirks are an issue? I really don't get it. I thought these were there for a reason - because the specific 'Mech would be underperforming compared to other IS/Clan 'Mechs. Throwing these - partially - out of the window is like saying "meh we didn't need these in the first place" because the skill trees are doing NOTHING for balance, just for better customization options. You need to get the difference straight. The ~20% increase (not even all of the skills) in skill effectiveness for IS 'Mechs (compared to Clan) only helps in a minor way the IS vs Clan balance, and doesn't help IS vs IS balance at all.

Edited by X Player, 16 May 2017 - 01:37 AM.

#97 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:31 AM

View PostCadoAzazel, on 15 May 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

According to your tweet you also like "the push for base tech balance" maybe you should tell Russ you hope it doesn't take years since they obviously dont read the forums. I kinda like where you hope this is heading though..... but it is PGI........

The devs stated that on june patch they will balance energy weapons.
IMHO they will nerf clan energy weapons. Clan ballistic weapons and LRMs are already sub par respect to IS counterparts.
I do not understand why they wait a month for that, making IS pilots unhappy, but - at least - the plan is to:
1) make a general nerf because there is too much powercreep;
2) focus on IS vs clan balance with modifications on base tech and not relying too much on quirks.
At least there seems to be a plan by the devs for the future, I'll give them a couple of months before saying that is all wrong...

#98 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:34 AM

Thank you PGI, the best part is that skill tree removed, so I do not need to purchase mech I do NOT need to master other mech.

#99 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:38 AM

View PostKalleballe, on 16 May 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

Did you read the Q&A on skill tree? I think that the sentence you quoted is explained there.

#100 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:41 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 16 May 2017 - 01:18 AM, said:

level of disconnect between logic and your belief: near-infinite.

They are removing a lot of quirks (esp agility) from already under performing IS mechs and adding quirks to already over performing Clans.

In what way is that not the opposite of balance?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users