#941 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:03 AM

View PostSirDubba, on 04 June 2017 - 01:18 AM, said:

I haven't bothered with buying modules for a long time because of the update, so I got a refund of 0 C-Bills... Thanks?

Well it doesn't matter too much. As long as building my 'Mechs is still fun

Sorry to hear that, I went the other way & considered it a cbill bank. I came away with 80 million cbill refund which I have now spent & I'm back to having a few million left. My garage though, wow! it's got some nice shiny new assaults to tinker with.

#942 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:20 AM

View PostDoktorbike, on 04 June 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

Sorry to hear that, I went the other way & considered it a cbill bank. I came away with 80 million cbill refund which I have now spent & I'm back to having a few million left. My garage though, wow! it's got some nice shiny new assaults to tinker with.

I think what he was trying to sat is that b/c he had not bought modules since Dec '16 they were all refunded as GSP where he'd rather it was cbills.

I am still advocating for GSP to be sellable, like caches.

#943 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

I sold a bunch of modules before the patch.

Between Tukayyid(30million C-Bills) and the modules I sold(200m purchased, 100mill sold), and the modules I got a full refund on, I was at 211mil just after the patch. My GSP refund was 10,316.

What I've spent in the weeks since the patch has me at 170 million C-Bills and 9800 GSP.

Premium time is now useless to me.

Edit: This means the only thing I ever expect to spend real money on in this game for the foreseeable future is to get more mechbays since the value of Mech Packs has plummeted with the removal(and devaluation) of Premium Time, the replacement of Modules(which at the time could be sold) with Decals(which cannot be sold), and the lack of need for 3x of each Mech, there's virtually no reason to spend real cash on anything but empty Mechbays.

Edited by mycroft000, 04 June 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#944 Ronald McDonald

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

View PostFreakinLazerbeams, on 18 May 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

ya I don't know what kind of logic/reasoning your using when u say " 30-35 tons tanking more dmg then kingcrabs" or any 90-100 ton assaults. Even if you max out survivability for any light mech, any assault mech will always tank more then a light based on armor and internal hard points.

i dont know if you also play mwo active....since when you do, you should already know about the "good hitreg" on fast moving mechs and special small, fast moving mechs....and when a freaking arctic cheater can tank 2x4 lbx10 from 20 meters in the center and still flying away or the invasion of the cicades then i just dont know if you realy play this game or just whiteknighting in the forums...

Edited by Ronald McDonald, 07 June 2017 - 05:30 PM.

#945 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:21 AM

Big lag in polar highlands, so that shooting/moving around had almost 1 min delay! and this is the score board, no one have match score! lolPosted Image
Posted Image

#946 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:52 AM

While have seen others having lag issues, this morning is the first time i was lagging... its not this patch's fault, I don't think, but something is going on...

Edited by MovinTarget, 13 June 2017 - 06:10 AM.

#947 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:38 AM

Yeah I've been getting sudden periods of lag where I jump from my usual 23 ping to between 290 to 1400. Nothing like pressing fire and then the beam of your lasers points in a totally different direction. Usually lasts for most of a match and then I'll have several perfect matches in a row. Baffling as other FPS games are fine.

#948 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:54 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 25 May 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

Unfortunately, the population of this game has noticeably declined and this can be proven because the match maker no longer separates tier levels. In the past few months, I have been seeing Tier 1 and 2 players mixed in the same games as Tier 3 and 4 players quite regularly.

Tina posted officially last fall that the matchmaker now works plus or minus 3 tiers from your own. Effectively that puts 1 thru 4 and 2 thru 5 together. Originally it was plus or minus 2 tiers and that's when they first put it in place.

View PostEd Steele, on 25 May 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

You mean the "Overwhelming" feedback from the small minority of players who actually tried it out on the test server and the people who parrot whatever their favorite streamer thinks about it on Reddit?

A hundred people trying the PTS was not exactly overwhelming feedback, from a player base of over thirty thousand.

#949 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:23 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 27 May 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

Lamborghini made Humvee-type vehicles for years with basically the same engine as their sports cars. I'm going to take a wild guess and say they performed very differently in different environments. Yes, the chassis were different, but probably so was the drive train, suspension, etc.

The LM series...aka the Rambo Lambo... the base engine was the 5.2L V12 from the Countach. There was also an optional 7.4L V-12 Marine engine as used in offshore power boats. The gas tank was 290 litres. It weighed over 7000 pounds with a full tank and 4 adults. Top speed 122mph (or 100mph in the sand). The Pirelli Scorpion tires were made especially for this vehicle and had run flat inserts that meant it could do 80mph in the sand (or 100 on road) with all four tires flat, in a desert environment. One of the options was a pedestal mount for a machine gun in the open rear seating area. They were very popular with middle-eastern sheiks and princes. One belonging to Uday Hussein was used in a car bomb demonstration by the US Army occupying forces in Iraq in 2004.

Edit : Oh and those tires.... SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS EACH to replace.

Edited by Dee Eight, 13 June 2017 - 04:52 PM.

#950 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

For a moment I thought the patch was today! D:

Got my hopes for the inevitable tears over the energy rebalance.

#951 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:44 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 June 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

A hundred people trying the PTS was not exactly overwhelming feedback, from a player base of over thirty thousand.

It was however the 100 of us who felt committed enough to test there.. but then my feedback was rather (I felt) constructive and by the end of PTS I gave positive feedback here. I wasn't alone either. In fact further on I think the new system is good but with a few tweaks could be great. ;)

#952 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 June 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

PGI continually bringing the PTS down on weekends so that people who have jobs are given an obstruction to test anything might have had something to do with the low numbers too.

#953 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:11 AM

Server selection in competitive play question:

Note: I haven't read through the 48 pages of entries so this may have been answered.

"For example: A European team is matched against a North American team. The European team has run fewer Competitive Matches on their preferred European Server than the opposing Team has on their preferred North American Server. As a result, the European Server would be chosen for that match."

Does this mean that teams which play a lot of games will disproportionately get placed on their home server?

The way the balancing is written is is based on NUMBER OF GAMES played on their home server.

So ... if you have a competitive team that has played 200 games .... all of them on their home server and they face off against a team that has played 1000 games and only 300 on their home server ... then the way this is written, the team with 200 games will get to play AGAIN on their home server since the 200 games they have played is less than the 300 games the more prolific team has played.

I'd like to suggest that this should be FRACTION of games played on their home server. In which case one team is at 100% and the other at 30% and the team at 30% gets to play on their home server.

#954 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:55 AM

@Mawai,

Not saying your question is bad, but it might have been posted to the wrong thread to be seen... this is for the May patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users