• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:49 AM

Dear fellow mechies,
I urge you NOT to sell any modules.
Although the gain of some cbills (half of their value) might be tempting, there is a chance that you will need a lot of gsp as the skill tree gets changed and extended for new weapons changes, upcoming quirk adjustments etc.
You probably need a lot of skill points the next months, and cbills will not help you with that.

That said, i still would have prefered a full cbill refund, if it just was for the sake of "equal currencies".

#2 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:54 AM

So what to do with GXP and MechXP? Because you still got that stuff but you need 45.000 cbills extra to them to buy one Skill point.

#3 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:59 AM

Gxp is degraded to a convenience filler to quickly unlock. It's also degrade by the need of additional cbilld.
Better use it to unlock mech skills to basic/elite/mastery NOW, as skillpoints are worth more imho.

#4 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

Just sold around half of mine. Every one of the 117 Mechs I own are mastered (except 3) and they each have LOTS of spare XP on them if I ever feel the need to re-skill.

I would have received enough GSP to master another 80Mechs, now it'll be roughly another 40-50. I'll still get enough GXP to master maybe a dozen more on top of that as well.

With the selling of my modules I have ~130,000,000CBills left after buying 2 Vipers and a Linebacker.

At least now I can afford to buy Mechs to use a small portion of that GSP on, and ill have some money to play around with the new tech too.

I still would have been in a MUCH better position under the original refund proposal, but the Cryhards robbed me of that...

Edited by BumbleBee, 16 May 2017 - 01:22 AM.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:21 AM

Since I have very little idea on just which modules are the ones I bought prior to December 2016, I'm just gonna keep em. Not gonna be happy, but that's life.

#6 Gwei Loong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHere & There

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:41 AM

PGI is not refunding the modules by purchase date. Their servers don't keep track of modules individually. Meaning all radar deprivation mods have code x. So prior to Dec. you had 5 X's then you bought 5 more X's. Now if you sell 5 X's you should still get a refund on the 5 X's remaining. They are refunding x amount purchased after such and such a date.
I could be wrong and I wanted to test this but they took PTS.2 offline before I was done updating my inventory. Either way a lot of people are getting an MC refund also. So you have MC to purchase mechbays.

Edited by Gwei Loong, 16 May 2017 - 01:45 AM.

#7 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:51 AM

Everyone will have a different situation to deal with. I sold off a bunch of my modules and now have 140 million C-Bills plus the ability to fully Master another twenty Mechs I don't yet own with GSP alone. I think my reasoning was sound, based on my gameplay level.

#8 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:06 AM

I was thinking about selling a bunch.. But after counting my mechs, I still have around 15, that have almost no XP, and another 15 that are in various stages from basic/elite.

I spent all my GXP to get many to the next stage, either full basics/elites.

I was going to sell a bunch of modules, but i think i will use enough GSP to make it worth keeping. I could make an easy 50-75m of modules, But after this event making me 50M C-bucks, i'll have plenty i think. By the time new tech comes figure another 50m easy between the sell back modules and what i can make in game.

Should be more than enough to kit up the mechs i wanna play sooner than later.

#9 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:07 AM

View Postkesmai, on 16 May 2017 - 12:49 AM, said:

Dear fellow mechies,
Although the gain of some cbills (half of their value) might be tempting, there is a chance that you will need a lot of gsp as the skill tree gets changed and extended for new weapons changes, upcoming quirk adjustments etc.
You probably need a lot of skill points the next months, and cbills will not help you with that.

That said, i still would have prefered a full cbill refund, if it just was for the sake of "equal currencies".

OK You tell me what I'm going to do with all this GXP and GSP, all the mech I'm playing are mastered already...

Posted Image

But like you said we are going to get new tech soon and that will cost few hundred million CB to buy, so I'd rather sell few modules and gain 300 million CB than have this much useless GPS sitting on my account. That GSP is enough to master next ~270 mechs without playing a game with them.

#10 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:10 AM

I'm getting 290 mechs worth of GSP. Enough for about 10 years. Essentially infinite.

Pretty sure I can spare some GSP when I have everything current mastered plenty of HXP and a mil GXP also likely being dormant.

#11 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:13 AM

Selling modules is asinine unless you bought so many you could sell half and still have several thousand GSP. GSP is very valuable on new 'Mechs, letting you both insta-master it and acquire enough nodes for free to try alternate ideas or pre-unlock main weapon swaps. It's worth much more than Cbills used this way because it saves you RL time.

Edited by SmokedJag, 16 May 2017 - 03:16 AM.

#12 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:20 AM

View PostSmokedJag, on 16 May 2017 - 03:13 AM, said:

Selling modules is asinine unless you bought so many you could sell half and still have several thousand GSP. GSP is very valuable on new 'Mechs, letting you both insta-master it and acquire enough nodes for free to try alternate ideas or pre-unlock main weapon swaps. It's worth much more than Cbills used this way because it saves you RL time.

The people that have more GSP than they know what to do with, are the folks that bought mechs with real dollars, and then just used all those C-bills to buy said modules. Players that spent some money, but also grinned tons of c-bills for mechs, typically have less modules, because their funds got split.

I do think people are underestemating how much GSP they will use, especially if balance changes happen

#13 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:24 AM

View PostCurccu, on 16 May 2017 - 03:07 AM, said:

OK You tell me what I'm going to do with all this GXP and GSP, all the mech I'm playing are mastered already...

Posted Image

But like you said we are going to get new tech soon and that will cost few hundred million CB to buy, so I'd rather sell few modules and gain 300 million CB than have this much useless GPS sitting on my account. That GSP is enough to master next ~270 mechs without playing a game with them.

Actually you are spot on.
And honestly i dont need the 30000 gsp i get. But then i dont need 2 bill cbills either...
The players,get the shaft for sure...

Edited by kesmai, 16 May 2017 - 03:29 AM.

#14 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:55 AM

There are diminishing returns. I sold about 1.2 Billion worth of modules (for ~600 Million), and that should still leave me with ~10,000 GSP which should be more than enough for some respecs, especially when combined with the million GXP and billion cbills.

#15 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:22 AM

I am enjoying forums lately. People loose their **** about the cbills/gxp and all the while i smirk and keep enjoying my 80 mechs, none of which were ever tainted by modules. I laugh at my unit-mates that tell me how important radar derp is. I scoff at coolant flushing eazy-mode-crutchers. I ridicule "can't drop now, need to shift modules from IS to Clan" crowd.

This is my revenge for last 2 (3?) years, i've been scorned for "doing it wrong" at not using modules.

But then i can also sympathize with someone who dumped ~500 000 mil cbills on modules, just to have it go *poof*.

I do not understand the rationale. Why not just refund xp spent as xp, gxp spent as gxp, mc spent as mc and cbills spent as cbills?

Can anyone tell me? Why not do just that, without this 5-different-kinds-of-exp-system, that looks like it was comitee-designed by a corporation, rather than small game studio? Why have this crap, that takes solid 6 pages of text+flowcharts to explain in patchnotes, when all that was needed was the above?

#16 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:33 AM

View Postgloowa, on 16 May 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

Can anyone tell me?

Because PGI wants to sell more premium time or appease the cheapskate/pokemech players?

Then again going forward my mechs won't cost me ~25-35 mil cbills each because of the 18mil per mech of modules tax and the rule of 3 rule we currently have.

Edited by Ghogiel, 16 May 2017 - 04:34 AM.

#17 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:38 AM

View Postkesmai, on 16 May 2017 - 12:49 AM, said:

Dear fellow mechies,

You're kidding, right?

I can't speak for anyone but me, but all of my mechs are already mastered with a ton of extra XP just sitting around on them. All this "GSP" crap is going to be good for is if I purchase any other mechs along the line. I can insta-master them (or whatever we're going to call it).

I'd much rather have a full refund of the cbills for the modules I bought. Hell, I might even start buying IS garbage again. But not if I get ripped off like it's looking is going to happen.

#18 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:41 AM

View PostSmokedJag, on 16 May 2017 - 03:13 AM, said:

New mechs? What new mechs? Sorry, I can't insta-master mechs I can't even afford to buy. So I'm selling all my modules. Then at least I can at least buy mechs and new tech.

#19 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:45 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 16 May 2017 - 04:38 AM, said:

derp derp, berain fart. i misread your post. disregard this transmission

Edited by gloowa, 16 May 2017 - 04:47 AM.

#20 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

I left my mechs fully loaded with modules and sold the rest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users