300 posts! Let's keep this alive!

#302 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:20 PM

So its been a couple days with no further feedback.
I feel that out work here is done.
The republic is saved.

You showed the community that the skills tree can be worked with. That it isn't hopless and never really was. You showed PGI how to make a f***ing guide that they can't be bothered to provide for their mess. You did this. You helped.

So shall we call this now so I can give out some mech packs? I know I said I would do upon June's patchnotes but like I said, I think the effort you put forth has done its job and I am happy to disperse the prizes now. So could a few of you second this motion? Otherwise I will wait.

#303 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 06 June 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

The republic is saved.

You showed the community that the skills tree can be worked with. That it isn't hopless and never really was. You showed PGI how to make a f***ing guide that they can't be bothered to provide for their mess. You did this. You helped.

So shall we call this now so I can give out some mech packs? I know I said I would do upon June's patchnotes but like I said, I think the effort you put forth has done its job and I am happy to disperse the prizes now. So could a few of you second this motion? Otherwise I will wait.

I, Emperor Cazidin of the Word of Cazidin, second this notion and I am also glad that I was able to help the community. Posted Image

#304 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:34 PM

I'm completely fine with waiting, however I feel that Bud is correct, the purpose of his contest was achieved. Also I have learned a lot from other people's builds/examples in this thread. It's surprising how many times you can click through a skill tree and not realize that oh yeah, go down here and here and for 26 nodes I get this! And if I do it on that mech with these weapons I'm like, watch out baby!

So thanks to everyone for all the creative ideas here!

#305 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:28 PM

That is what communities re for.. Every great guide for every game i've ever played has been fan made. Seams like business as usual right?

Edited by JC Daxion, 06 June 2017 - 03:29 PM.

#306 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:49 PM

The republic is saved.

I agree with Bud! It's been a great contest and a terrific community contribution, but it seems to be wrapping up now.

#307 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 06 June 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

I agree with Bud! It's been a great contest and a terrific community contribution, but it seems to be wrapping up now.

If there's a tie between us, shall we settle it by honorable zelbriggen?

#308 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

View Postcazidin, on 06 June 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

If there's a tie between us, shall we settle it by honorable zelbriggen?

No need, I'll just go "Un-Like" your post. :lol:

#309 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 06 June 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

No need, I'll just go "Un-Like" your post. Posted Image

But then I... SHALL UNLIKE THREE OF YOURS! Posted Image

/dun dun dun!

#310 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:42 PM

View Postcazidin, on 06 June 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

But then I... SHALL UNLIKE THREE OF YOURS! Posted Image

/dun dun dun!

I think that Bud is only counting my one post, lol.

I'll just "Like" my own post to offset your "Un-Like." :lol:

#311 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

K. That's good enough.
I'll make the final count, and post winners tomorrow or Friday when I have the time to go thru everything.

#312 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 06 June 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

I think that Bud is only counting my one post, lol.

I'll just "Like" my own post to offset your "Un-Like." Posted Image

Then could I not just like... BOTH of my posts? Posted Image

View PostBud Crue, on 06 June 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

K. That's good enough.
I'll make the final count, and post winners tomorrow or Friday when I have the time to go thru everything.

Please remember that I made a separate thread and count accordingly. I shall have my Clan Diamond Shark Lawyers ready if I need to demand a recount! Posted Image

#313 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

View Postcazidin, on 06 June 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Then could I not just like... BOTH of my posts? Posted Image

You haven't already? Posted Image

View Postcazidin, on 06 June 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Please remember that I made a separate thread and count accordingly. I shall have my Clan Diamond Shark Lawyers ready if I need to demand a recount! Posted Image

These one-percenters and their diamond-studded lawyers! :lol:

#314 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 06 June 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

These one-percenters and their diamond-studded lawyers! Posted Image

It's rather unsurprising that the Clan with a freaking Diamond Shark produces the best lawyers in the periphery!

Edited by cazidin, 06 June 2017 - 06:07 PM.

#315 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

Contest is over. I see no point in waiting until the June patchnotes as I originally stated. Tough nougies if you don't like that.

I think this was a great effort. You all did a magnificent job at alleviating the intense anxiety that a lot of the community was feeling immediately after the skills tree changes went live. Over 15,000 views. That is something. Sure only a handful posted, but a lot of people checked out what you did here and I think it helped give guidance were there had been none before.

Without further ado, the winners on their merits (most likes and comment):

G4LV4TRON
Nightmare1
Scrublord1
Tarogato
El Bandito
Xetelian
CadoAzazel
Agent Orange
Mcgral18
Cazidin

Great job all of you. I thank you, those who grabbed your ideas thank you, and even though they won't...PGI ought to thank you.

Some of you, despite not getting a lot of feedback on your posts really pushed this effort and I want to express my thanks to you as well. To that end, the money I had set aside for another future contest (I was going to do another "what's your bet on the next -but most undeserving- mechs to get nerfed by PGI" contest) will be added here as well. Additional winners at my discretion are:

Wattila and Palfatreos for just a great number and variety of builds and most effort and pushing the diaolog far more than my bitterness would allow.
DGTLDaemon and MadBadger for much the same.
Finally, Jay Jeon Hart for all around enthusiasm and variety of constructive posts.

All winners PM me or post here as to what you want. I will do any single gift store purchase up to $20 bucks for each winner.

To everyone else who participated, I am really glad you posted. I truly thought the game was doomed after all of PGI's NERF THE QUIRKS BS during the PTSs (that they significantly backed off of) and the fact that the skills tree buffed mechs that didn't need buffing. You people talked me down from a metaphorical ledge (and you talked down a few others too based on this thread) and I really appreciate your even handed approach to dealing with all of it. I'd like to think you helped more than just me.

I wish I had more cash so as to give all of you a reward, but I don't and I can't. I hope you take as consolation that what you did do is show PGI and the greater community how to engage with, and even embrace change for good or ill; and to help others develop their own ideas and just help each other get better at the game (especially potential new players). You are all a credit to this community.

Edit:
Winners I have a busy rest of the week, I may not get to sending out your codes until the weekend, but I will do my best to do it as your instructions roll in.

Edited by Bud Crue, 07 June 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#316 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 07 June 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Contest is over. I see no point in waiting until the June patchnotes as I originally stated. Tough nougies if you don't like that.

I think this was a great effort. You all did a magnificent job at alleviating the intense anxiety that a lot of the community was feeling immediately after the skills tree changes went live. Over 15,000 views. That is something. Sure only a handful posted, but a lot of people checked out what you did here and I think it helped give guidance were there had been none before.

G4LV4TRON
Nightmare1
Scrublord1
Tarogato
El Bandito
Xetelian
CadoAzazel
Agent Orange
Mcgral18
Cazidin

Great job all of you. I thank you, those who grabbed your ideas thank you, and even though they won't...PGI ought to thank you.

Some of you, despite not getting a lot of feedback on your posts really pushed this effort and I want to express my thanks to you as well. To that end, the money I had set aside for another future contest (I was going to do another "what's your bet on the next -but most undeserving- mechs to get nerfed by PGI" contest) will be added here as well. Additional winners at my discretion are:

Wattila and Palfatreos for just a great number and variety of builds and most effort and pushing the diaolog far more than my bitterness would allow.
Finally, Jay Jeon Hart for all around enthusiasm and variety of constructive posts.

All winners PM me or post here as to what you want. I will do any single gift store purchase up to $20 bucks for each winner.

To everyone else who participated, I am really glad you posted. I truly thought the game was doomed after all of PGI's NERF THE QUIRKS BS during the PTSs (that they significantly backed off of) and the fact that the skills tree buffed mechs that didn't need buffing. You people talked me down from a metaphorical ledge (and you talked down a few others too based on this thread) and I really appreciate your even handed approach to dealing with all of it. I'd like to think you helped more than just me.

I wish I had more cash so as to give all of you a reward, but I don't and I can't. I hope you take as consolation that what you did do is show PGI and the greater community how to engage with, and even embrace change for good or ill; and to help others develop their own ideas and just help each other get better at the game (especially potential new players). You are all a credit to this community.

Edit:
Winners I have a busy rest of the week, I may not get to sending out your codes until the weekend, but I will do my best to do it as your instructions roll in.

Thank you Bud for organizing this! It was a lot of fun and I think it really helped some people who were struggling with the new skill tree. :)

#317 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

Yay...but I'm not sure which GrabDeal I want!

Did you just spent 300$?
As a student, I have to say that's awful generous

I've also adjusted my opinion on Survival

Both it and Firepower can be so marginal sometimes....but anything not Assault gains an extra PPC hit, or many Laser hits, from 32 nodes (which would otherwise gain you 20M of SPL range, or a fraction of a point of heat)

Edited by Mcgral18, 07 June 2017 - 09:00 PM.

#318 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

Yay, I won! This goes well with my 20,000 posts milestone celebration. Thanks, Bud. :D

#319 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

Congrats on the winners. :)

#320 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:17 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 07 June 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

G4LV4TRON
Nightmare1
Scrublord1
Tarogato
El Bandito
Xetelian
CadoAzazel
Agent Orange
Mcgral18
Cazidin

Edit:

Good job Bud Crue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users