Pgi: Sorry...but I Can't Come Back

9 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

Not a good time to get back into this game after maybe 8 to 12 months of not playing it.

I had a fun 2 days but you just kind of made it so I don't want to play. I don't have the cbills to skill mechs that used to be skilled and had modules and there is no way in hell I can get enough bills to actually do that again.

So I can play gimped versions of my mechs or not at all :( both of those options suck.

#2 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

Well actually if your mechs had skills before then they each have enough HSP (Historical SP) to buy the equivalent of those skills back now.

If you had modules before then each of those modules got turned into a sizable pile of GSP (General SP) that can be used to skill up any mech.

Perhaps you just need to learn a bit more about how the Skill Tree and SP/HSP/GSP work?

#3 JesterMWO

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFife, Scotland

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

You know that you got refunds for what you already spent/levelled to translate into the 91 skills needed to skill up your mechs?

I just upskilled my Centurion 9D for no cost...

Edited by JesterMWO, 16 May 2017 - 02:20 PM.

#4 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

Actually you only have enough HSP do to one copy of those mechs, they didn't give enough to account for duplicates.

#5 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

View Postsycocys, on 16 May 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

Actually you only have enough HSP do to one copy of those mechs, they didn't give enough to account for duplicates.

I was under the impression duplicates gave you *up to* 91 each, so 3 mastered HBK-G would give you 217273 HSP for the HBK-G chassis. Is this no longer the case?

Checking in game now...

[Edit] CONFIRMED. I had two Mastered CN9-A and received 182 HSP for them. [/Edit]

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 16 May 2017 - 02:35 PM.

#6 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 16 May 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

I was under the impression duplicates gave you *up to* 91 each, so 3 mastered HBK-G would give you 217 HSP for the HBK-G chassis. Is this no longer the case?

Checking in game now...

[Edit] CONFIRMED. I had two Mastered CN9-A and received 182 HSP for them. [/Edit]

Yes, you get HSP for each. Also have a pool of HXP if you run out of HSP.

Also...dat mathz.

#7 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

View Postdario03, on 16 May 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Yes, you get HSP for each. Also have a pool of HXP if you run out of HSP.

Also...dat mathz.

WHOOPS! Yeah, 273 - not sure how I missed that typo Posted Image

#8 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 16 May 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

I was under the impression duplicates gave you *up to* 91 each, so 3 mastered HBK-G would give you 217 HSP for the HBK-G chassis. Is this no longer the case?

Checking in game now...

WTF is HSP? I only saw HXP to convert to a mech.

And why are there so many fn options for ways to add points? Couldn't they have just allotted every mastered mech 91 points, and put all the other refunded points into a general point pool? 2 things instead of the 4 + (+ hxp) its just unnecessarily confusing.

#9 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

They created 'pools' of HXP and HSP for people who have more than one copy of a single variant (eg. 3 HBK-SPs). That way you can decide how much you want to transfer to each individual mech.

HSP is the Historical SP each mech received for the skills it already had unlocked. If your mech was Mastered it received 91 HSP to unlock a full set of skill nodes.

When you click the Add SP button you get a choice of using HSP, GSP, or HXP/XP to add SP to that mech.

(Just a tip, if you don't know how the SP/HSP/GSP/refund system works you probably shouldn't be answering people's questions on them.)

Edited by MadBadger, 16 May 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#10 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 16 May 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Not a good time to get back into this game after maybe 8 to 12 months of not playing it.

I had a fun 2 days but you just kind of made it so I don't want to play. I don't have the cbills to skill mechs that used to be skilled and had modules and there is no way in hell I can get enough bills to actually do that again.

So I can play gimped versions of my mechs or not at all Posted Image both of those options suck.

Can I have your stuff bacon?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users