Constantly Triggering Penalty System, Yet Never Recall Hitting Teammates

18 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Sovereign

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:45 AM

I play matches and then trigger long penalties, yet I don't recall hitting any teammates whatsoever. Why is this happening? How this is happening? What is causing this? Can this penalty system still be triggered if you never hit a teammate, if so, how?

Am I the only one who doesn't recall hitting a teammate, yet get 5 to 10 minute penalties out of nowhere?

Edited by Jay Sovereign, 17 May 2017 - 03:46 AM.

#2 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:00 AM

Your team damage shows in your results screen at the end of match. Check there to see if you are hitting people or not.

#3 Jay Sovereign

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:43 AM

View PostMadBadger, on 17 May 2017 - 02:00 AM, said:

Your team damage shows in your results screen at the end of match. Check there to see if you are hitting people or not.

Yeah sure maybe there was some red but it was only in the tens, not even up to 100. Possibly teammates running into airstrikes. Just now I didn't even get a 10 second or 2 minute penalty it was straight to 5 mins.

Edited by Jay Sovereign, 17 May 2017 - 02:44 AM.

#4 Scyther

• 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:49 AM

AFAIK it's specifically set up to apply greater penalties to repeat offenders. For instance, I occasionally tag a teammate with a shot or two in the chaos of battle. (People crossing lines of fire etc) I might end the battle with a -12 Team damage or something. If I click for next battle, no warning. However if my next battle I also clip a teammate for -15, then I get an 8 or 10 second penalty warning. If I go a few battles without doing more than 3 or 4 team damage, I'm back to no penalty.

#5 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:02 AM

Wait, with this patch they now give penalties for Team Damage?
Prior to May 16, you only got penalties for TKs.

#6 Jay Sovereign

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:28 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 17 May 2017 - 03:02 AM, said:

?

#7 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:29 AM

One of those blackout drunk mech pilots?

#8 Jay Sovereign

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:45 AM

It doesn't happen constantly but when you get told out of nowhere to stop for 5 minutes, it's annoying. All because a teammate must have ran into airstrike? Never even saw it, didn't look like too much. When I do a lot of team damage and notice it, I don't get a penalty :\

#9 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:12 AM

Teammates running for the red smoke like it is bacon candy or something is one of the reasons I stopped using arty/air strikes.

Also, damage caused by collisions with teammates also counts towards team damage, even when you stand perfectly still and someone runs into you.

#10 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

I tag a team mate once in a while... never had to wait longer than a few seconds.
The window would close before I could even read it all.
You Got Over Five minutes? Dude really... are you like blind drunk when you play?

#11 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:31 AM

During tukkayid I had a 20 minute penalty out of nowhere. No penalties all day then suddenly that. No tks. Just suddenly 20 minutes.

#12 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:17 AM

This sounds like the teamates that kept shooting in the back yesterday with lrms from targets i was "locking." People that target dying mechs and their left over lrms hit their team. Yep. Want to say more but im just going to leave it be.

You triggered the penalty because you killed a teamate most likely and need to pay attention were your left over munitions are going.

Also if you disconnect to often or frequently it will give you a timer.

Pretty much stop going afk and try not to be the ones making your team fight 11 vs 12

Edited by Natred, 17 May 2017 - 06:19 AM.

#13 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:18 AM

youre supposed to shoot the red mechs not the blue ones

#14 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:19 AM

View PostJay Sovereign, on 17 May 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

I play matches and then trigger long penalties, yet I don't recall hitting any teammates whatsoever. Why is this happening? How this is happening? What is causing this? Can this penalty system still be triggered if you never hit a teammate, if so, how?

Am I the only one who doesn't recall hitting a teammate, yet get 5 to 10 minute penalties out of nowhere?

Do you have heavy lag when clicking on quickplay or factionplay?

I had about 5 instances last week where i clicked on the quickplay button and nothing happened.
I clicked several more times and it placed me in a match.
After the match it gave me a penalty for disconnecting from a match.
It seems that when I hit the search button several times, it matched me to several games, and then since I only connected to one, it gave me a disconnect penalty for the ones i was not logged into.

#15 Jay Sovereign

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:21 AM

View PostKarl Marlow, on 17 May 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

During tukkayid I had a 20 minute penalty out of nowhere. No penalties all day then suddenly that. No tks. Just suddenly 20 minutes.

Exactly. Thank You. That happened to me too

Edited by Jay Sovereign, 17 May 2017 - 10:28 AM.

#16 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

Had a Warhammer ram the back of my Cicada. He stuck to me and we did constant ram damage to each other. Ended that match with 100 team damage, all from collision.

#17 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:51 AM

Penalty system is all derped (buggy) up and often arbitrary/ triggers for no reason. Really needs to be removed, it isn't actually preventing anything.

Edited by Trev Firestorm, 17 May 2017 - 10:52 AM.

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 17 May 2017 - 03:02 AM, said:

Uh no. Damage always added up TKs just insta triggered. So if you only were doing 1 pt TD here, 5 pts there... you likely never saw a penalty sinc eit resets every 4 hours.

But if you are doing 28 this match, 32 next, and oh crap my guy ran into my air strike... 110 TD.... there.. you will trigger it. Been like that since they added the feature.

#19 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 May 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Uh no. Damage always added up TKs just insta triggered. So if you only were doing 1 pt TD here, 5 pts there... you likely never saw a penalty sinc eit resets every 4 hours.

But if you are doing 28 this match, 32 next, and oh crap my guy ran into my air strike... 110 TD.... there.. you will trigger it. Been like that since they added the feature.

Never had that before.

I have had rare matches where I see a TK penalty on me and never noticed it when it happened. I am thankful I record some matches now, I can go over the recording and see where it happened thus was deserved.

Might be happening to some people.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users