Consumables As Skills

5 replies to this topic

#1 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

I think that consumables costing cbills is a problem. People that have a lot of cbills and/or buy a lot of mech packs can use them, but they are not the people that are aching for cbills. New players and f2p'ers are the poeple that need cbills more, and using consumables eats into cbill gains if you do it a lot, leading to people not using them (personally at least?).

My idea is to remove consumables and turn them into skills in the misc tree. So if a player invests their valuable skill points into these areas they will have them in every match with no cbill cost. You have also just added a few more features that are going to suck up cbill.

This idea will do the following:-

-Give new players easier access to consumables, that they sorely need to generate more cbills.
-Info Warfare. A 'scout' mech with points invested into UAV's for example will be valuable. No one else will have them.

PS: The misc tree is small, in order to make it cost a few more points to actually get to UAV's/strikes, I think that the JumpJet tree could be folded into the Misc tree to fill it, and skills that effect items such as AMS/ECM/BAP could be moved there too. Maybe rename it "Auxillery Systems".

Edited by Axeface, 17 May 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#2 meatpill

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

It's all about the money...

#3 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

View Postmeatpill, on 17 May 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

It's all about the money...

Well I dont have the data, i'de be interested to know if pgi actaully make much from MC consumable sales (I have never spend mc on a consumable), and considering that respeccing now costs cbills (and 1 skill about as much as a consumable) our cbills are gettings sapped a lot more now. Basically, we have plenty to waste our cbills on, and consumables for mc is a bit obsolete.

Overall I think this kind of change would make the game better, and deliver on that 'info warfare' promise more.

#4 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

the whole reason consumables were added was to add a cbill sink to the game

#5 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

View PostKhobai, on 17 May 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

the whole reason consumables were added was to add a cbill sink to the game

Out of interest is that an assumption or do you know thats the case?

#6 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

Out of interest is that an assumption or do you know thats the case?

its obvious thats the case why else would a uav cost 40000 cbills

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users